If you're looking to save money, lucas digne is a good back-up for BAE and develops really well, and Server Jeparov is great cover for central midfield, he's less than £1 million. Raphael Varane is a must-buy, he becomes a good Premier Division player after just one season and develops into one of the best CB in the world...

I am not sure about saving money on Digne

In the new patch they are asking for 8 million, why do I even bother using enquiry :'(

Varane is even worse, they ask for 10 million on the new patch

Will Jake Livermore turn out to be a good player?

Livermore is a good backup but nothing special. Bostock is much better. Play him whenever you can so he develops quickly.

Nice thread guys!

I've been using Tottenham in my new 11.3 save and I'm now in February of the 1st season and leading in the EPL 2 points in front of Man U.

So here's my view on this.
The team has a problem with staff, so ask the board for more coaches/physios every time you can.
I'm using a 4-5-1/4-3-3 variant. It's been great at the defence but so and so on offense. Mostly having problems in getting a big score against easy opponents.
I'm using Defoe alone up front and he's doing ok. I told him to stop blasting the ball and I think he's better now.
Also, VDV is played best as an AM C, but I'm using him as an AM R in a role like advanced playmaker/inside forward and although he didn't start very good, in the last months his avr is above 8 and he's been giving lots of assists and scoring some too.
I use Sandro as an Anchor Man and he's very consistent and doing quite good.
Bale is great in any position you use him at the left side.
So either get a good DL and use Bale as M L/AM L or use Bale as an Attacking DL and use Kranicar/Modric as an AML inside forward. Kranicar is great at this role but he gets injured a lot.
Ekotto is not so good, better to sell or use as backup.
Also at the DR, Hutton and Corluka are not so good. Corluka is better but has low stamina. I'm waiting to try the Kyles next season. Kaboul is also good there but he's been injured for 3 months.
At the DC, Tottenham has many quality players, but they get injured a lot. I bought Phil Jones and he's great. He's expensive but has great future and can play even as a starter right away. He has great all around stats so he can do more than just defend. He also scores a lot from corners.
Huddlestone is great as Deep Lying PM but he's a little slow. I'm training him to gain some speed.
I also got Sissoko at the start of the season and he's doing quite good. Got young player of the month in Dec. If he would just stop shooting all those long shots he'd be great. Anyone had any luck with him on that? He doesn't seem to listen to any talks. Maybe he'll get more accurate in the future. For now I've set his creative freedom to little.

All in all some great players, maybe add 1-2 quality transfers. Also I try to look mostly for young talents as the team seems to be lacking there.

Nice thread guys!

I've been using Tottenham in my new 11.3 save and I'm now in February of the 1st season and leading in the EPL 2 points in front of Man U.

So here's my view on this.
The team has a problem with staff, so ask the board for more coaches/physios every time you can.
I'm using a 4-5-1/4-3-3 variant. It's been great at the defence but so and so on offense. Mostly having problems in getting a big score against easy opponents.
I'm using Defoe alone up front and he's doing ok. I told him to stop blasting the ball and I think he's better now.
Also, VDV is played best as an AM C, but I'm using him as an AM R in a role like advanced playmaker/inside forward and although he didn't start very good, in the last months his avr is above 8 and he's been giving lots of assists and scoring some too.
I use Sandro as an Anchor Man and he's very consistent and doing quite good.
Bale is great in any position you use him at the left side.
So either get a good DL and use Bale as M L/AM L or use Bale as an Attacking DL and use Kranicar/Modric as an AML inside forward. Kranicar is great at this role but he gets injured a lot.
Ekotto is not so good, better to sell or use as backup.
Also at the DR, Hutton and Corluka are not so good. Corluka is better but has low stamina. I'm waiting to try the Kyles next season. Kaboul is also good there but he's been injured for 3 months.
At the DC, Tottenham has many quality players, but they get injured a lot. I bought Phil Jones and he's great. He's expensive but has great future and can play even as a starter right away. He has great all around stats so he can do more than just defend. He also scores a lot from corners.
Huddlestone is great as Deep Lying PM but he's a little slow. I'm training him to gain some speed.
I also got Sissoko at the start of the season and he's doing quite good. Got young player of the month in Dec. If he would just stop shooting all those long shots he'd be great. Anyone had any luck with him on that? He doesn't seem to listen to any talks. Maybe he'll get more accurate in the future. For now I've set his creative freedom to little.

All in all some great players, maybe add 1-2 quality transfers. Also I try to look mostly for young talents as the team seems to be lacking there.

Try going for Tiago Alves, Dodo, and Santon (I'm personally not a fan of Naughton). Santon is on loan to Cesena on 11.3, but you can get him before the second season if you manage to unsettle him and he's absolutely brilliant.

Try going for Tiago Alves, Dodo, and Santon (I'm personally not a fan of Naughton). Santon is on loan to Cesena on 11.3, but you can get him before the second season if you manage to unsettle him and he's absolutely brilliant.

You're right on the money :)
I forgot that I signed Santon in Jan. He's coming when his contract ends at the end of season. I was a little surprised at the time, that I got the chance to sign him for free (just the fees he asks) cause he looks really good.
Also signed for free Makengo who looks very promising and he's joining at the end of season too.
Also Nistelrooy hasn't signed an extension so I might get him too, mostly for tutoring.

Picked fm up after a few months of not playing and installed the 11.3 patch. Loving my current spurs game at the mo, and actually playing it properly (shamefully for the first time ever) meaning that I dont get angry and quit out of it when I lose an important match.

1st season tried to keep the team balance by not selling too many and not bringing in too many big names. Brought Coentrao who performed solidly at LB in rotation with BAE. Sold King to Man City for 10mil then bought Phil Jones for 15mil, who has been tutored by Dawson and now in the 2nd season are both owning the defence. Got great perfomances from Huddlestone (dl playmaker def) and Modric and VDV (adv playmaker sup) who gave my 60+ possession most games. Bale anhilated everything and won PFA much like now in real life. Lennon started off poor but after composure training and persistant use he is becoming almost as good as Bale. After learning not to blast the ball Defoe picked up his form and bagged me 24 prem goals and 9 cl goals. Finished 3rd in the league and lost to a torres chelsea hatrick (how unrealistic!) in the cl final.

Now in second season I've bought some young british talent to hopefully develop into class - Jack Robinson, Mutch, Chamberlain, Fleck, Cairney and Wickham. Also as well I have retrained Mpoku or RW and is being tutored by Lennon and is turning out some quality performances in cup games and as a sub!

Anyone had any experiences with these young kids?

You're right on the money :)
I forgot that I signed Santon in Jan. He's coming when his contract ends at the end of season. I was a little surprised at the time, that I got the chance to sign him for free (just the fees he asks) cause he looks really good.
Also signed for free Makengo who looks very promising and he's joining at the end of season too.
Also Nistelrooy hasn't signed an extension so I might get him too, mostly for tutoring.

If you play him a lot, Santon turns into a beast. Plus he can play as a right midfielder too. You can also train him for AMR, but he's best used as a defender and with Lennon, Pienaar, Modric, vdV, and dos Santos, it's not like you another another right winger.

If you want a quality DL, Baines is a good option, but a fairly expensive one. Or you can just use Bassong; he's excellent as a purely defensive fullback and with Bale in front, it's not like you need overlap anyway.

tottenham is such a easy team to manage ...is basicly ready team for title all u have to do is buy striker like hulk or lavezzi then set up 442 bale must be as dl and thats it u r the champion ,in my opinion they have the strongest team in premier league

man city have offered me £8.5 mill (original db) 1st season! do i accept or not?

I won the league in my first season with Spurs, playing 4-4-2. I only signed Lukaku and a fullback called Wendt (£850k) to cover for Ekotto at the beginning of the season. I notice you don't have Kranjcar in your team, I've got 2 Spurs saves and Krancjar has always been my star player. I usually get rid of Modric as I don't get the best out of him and can get a lot of money for him. I also prefer Bassong over Gallas. But also Corluka makes a great centre-half. I've also managed to make a decent player of Kyle Naughton in both saves. And I usually sell Huddlestone to Man City and make Palacios or Sandro my defensive midfielders. I would like to try your formation though.