maxy67

Reaction score
How would you go about organising a 4-3-3, I'd like some suggestions :)

Main problems being the front 3, and the midfield trio. I always think of ball winning mid, advanced PM, and a deep lying PM. As the three do others agree?

Last edited:
What type of 4-3-3? Flat midfield, flat strikers? Or do you mean 451 like barcelona? There are many formations of the 433

What type of 4-3-3? Flat midfield, flat strikers? Or do you mean 451 like barcelona? There are many formations of the 433

I'm actually quite open to suggestions, thats why I left out specifics.... I want to know what the best way to organising it is... Flat 3 strikers, or flat midfield anything. :)

I think all of them could work given the right combinations. Do you want to play with or without wingers?

I'd say DMC (Anchorman - Defend), MC (DLP - Support), MC (AP - Support), AMR/AML (Inside Forward - Attack), FC (Complete Forward - Support/Treq - Attack)

The 433/451 is my second favourite formation after the 4231,i play a very strange one:
Sweeper Keeper (defend),2 Central Defenders (defend), 2 Wingbacks (automatic),1 Defensive Midfielder (defend),2 Advanced Playmakers (support), 2 Inside Forwards (attack), 1 Complete Forward (attack)

Now for the strange parts:
1. My wingbacks cut inside when they go forward,they help my midfield overwhelm the oppositions midfield,i know the 433 is good at this but i wanted more so..
2. One of my Advanced Playmakers can become a Deep Lying Playmaker,if one goes forward between my Inside Forwards and the other one drops to almost the same level as my Defensive Midfielder,the formation will look like a 4231 (my favourite) plus this gives me the option to build attacks from deep

Team instructions are: fluid,overload,default,more Expressive,press more,default,default,default,more roaming
Specific instructions: deep defensive line,very wide,normal to slow tempo
Players instructions: my inside forwards change position between them,my 2 advanced playmakers change position between them and almost all my players have the closing down set to whole pitch

Second or third game at the start of this career with very weak players and against a much stronger team

View attachment 209142

Still working on this :)

I like a more staggered version of a 4-3-3, which could look more like an assymmetric 4-2-3-1. This enables a combination of Anchor man(d), Adv. Playmaker(s/a) and Attacking Mid(a/s).

This is the formation I currently use and it's been phenominal so far, although I've only played about 10 games. It looks a little imbalanced but it's surprisingly effective:

I like a more staggered version of a 4-3-3, which could look more like an assymmetric 4-2-3-1. This enables a combination of Anchor man(d), Adv. Playmaker(s/a) and Attacking Mid(a/s).

This is the formation I currently use and it's been phenominal so far, although I've only played about 10 games. It looks a little imbalanced but it's surprisingly effective:

That looks brilliant mate! Hope you post that up, looks very similar to the one I'm making, although I'm using a sweeper.