Reaction score
Manchester-United-vs-Tottenham-Hotspur-Watch-Live-Stream.png

Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur
Old Trafford
KO: 20:00
Referee: Lee Probert
TV: Sky Sports 1

Team News

Man United: Manchester United can welcome Patrice Evra back to their defence for Monday night’s Premier League showdown with Tottenham Hotspur.

The Frenchman missed last week’s opening day win at West Bromwich Albion with an ankle knock but will take his place in a back four, otherwise robbed of the experience of Rio Ferdinand and Nemnaja Vidic who were injured at the Hawthorns.

Ferdinand will not be back until at least next weekend with a hamstring injury, while captain Vidic is set to miss a month with a calf problem. With full back Rafael having a shoulder operation, the back four at Old Trafford is expected to consist of Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Jonny Evans and Evra.

In midfield, ManUtd will be without Darren Fletcher (virus) and Antonio Valencia (ankle), while forward Javier Hernandez (concussion) is also not yet ready for a first-team return. Michael Owen is missing with a back problem while Danny Welbeck is suffering from a cricked neck and is unlikely to feature.

Tottenham: Harry Redknapp last night admitted midfielder Luka Modric was in no state of mind to feature against Manchester United tonight. Chelsea have been chasing Modric all summer and are ready to come in with a new £30million offer for the Croatian despite the imminent arrival of Juan Mata from Valencia.

Fellow midfielder Tom Huddlestone (ankle) could be in the squad, but Sandro, Wilson Palacios (both knee) Steven Pienaar (groin) and Jermaine Jenas (Achilles) are all unavailable middle of the park options for Harry Redknapp.

Ledley King is sidelined as ever with his knee, with fellow defender Alan Hutton also out with a knee problem. A calf issue means William Gallas will not play in defence either, while Peter Crouch will be monitored after missing the Hearts game with an ankle injury.

Squads

Man United (from): De Gea, Lindegaard, Smalling, Ferdinand, Jones, Evra, Evans, Fabio, Nani, Park, Cleverley, Anderson, Carrick, Giggs, Young, Rooney, Berbatov, Welbeck, Diouf, Macheda.

Tottenham (from): Gomes, Friedel, Cudicini, Bale, Kaboul, Bassong, Dawson, Corluka, Walker, Assou-Ekotto, Huddlestone, Lennon, Van der Vaart, Modric, Kranjcar, Rose, Livermore, Townsend, Bentley, Pavlyuchenko, Crouch, Defoe.

Credit: NUTZZ from other forum

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My take:
Heard Welbeck maybe out for this game, hopefully Cleverley starts with Anderson as we need dynamic midfielder to track Spurs midfielders runs and also he is very good in making the runs. He has complemented well with Anderson in the 2 games and looks like they are building a nice partnership.

Hopefully 3-1 win for us..

Last edited:
I think it is going to be tight, hopefully De Gea can concentrate for the full 90 minutes this week!

my prediction:

2:1 United

My predicition:

3-1 United.

Rooney x2, Young. I think de gea will be more solid as previous matches, but i cant see him keeping a clean sheet.

I hope we can pull up a good result with the confidence given from the match with Hearts.
I'd say 0-1, Kranjcar scoring.
I cannot wait the match, as me and my mate will have a tight clash of our favorite teams. :D

This time of the year again? Great.

<)

Manchester United 3 - 1 Tottenham

This is the one game in all 38 of which I have literally no optimism.

Every singly year we get screwed in the ***.

3-1 United, Spurs to take the lead and crumble after a dodgy decision.

united to win 3-1 if anderson and welbeck stay out of team - if not 2-1

I'd take a 1-0, De Gea making lots of saves and getting a clean sheet.

yeah a clean sheet would be a big condfidnece builder for de gea. i can see spurs putin him under serious pressure if they win corners and bale lennon taking pop shoots from distance. 2-0 would be nice. young and rooney.

I fully expect Spurs to be hitting them from all angles, they certainly have the players

Can see a 2-0 win.. De Gea clean sheet. His first game at Old Trafford so the fans will be behind him. Hopefully we'll get a shutout.

Rooney and Berbatov to score. Hopefully Berbatov starts.

Hearing Kranjcar starts for Spurs..

DTguardian daniel taylor

#MUFC team v #THFC: De Gea, Smalling, Jones, Evans, Evra, Anderson, Cleverley, Nani, Young, Rooney, Welbeck

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

MUFC subs v #THFC: Hernandez, Fabio, Lindegaard, Giggs, Carrick, Park, Berbatov.