The Rise of the **** and Ball - A Tottenham Hotspur Story

Riess

Reaction score
Spurs fans worst fears were confirmed. Harry Redknapp has replaced Fabio Capello. What the **** are they gonna do now?!

Fans wanted Levy to target Carlo Ancelotti. Only a club like Chelsea is dumb enough to sack a double winner!

Levy had something else in mind. He's a business man. He enjoyed watching Swansea in the Championship last season and had a chat with Redknapp.

The youth coach. He was close to the players. His team played the same style as the seniors. He'll be cheaper than Ancelotti.

This could work... This had to work. Tottenham needed to continue to change the way the English game operated.

As Josh Riess sat down for the press conference he couldn't hide his smile. Where did this come from?!

So the standard set of questions flowed. There was a few that caught me off guard.

"Who are you to replace Harry?!"

I could only be truthful.

"Nobody, really. I have to start somewhere and I would love to replicate his work."

"Why would any transfer target come and play for you?!"

"I don't think that's the point. Who are you to question the standing of this club?!"

Silence echoes the room as I storm out. I meet Kevin Bond and he knows what's up.

"Good deflection. What now?"

Exactly. What now???

Who would play for me?!

My first action was to send Kevin Bond off to compile a list of right wingers that could be a bargain to loan. I felt Lennon was a good player, but we wanted something special and Pienaar was going to be an everywhere man. Back up for everyone.

The second was to figure out transfer targets. We set Champions League as a goal and have a kitty of 15million pounds.

Kadlec, Neymar, Alaba, Jovetic, Butland, Moura, Kagawa, Torres, Hazard... Dream big, right???

Kadlec was target number 1. A quality striker for the future.

Kevin burst into my room.

"Dos Santos. He's the right winger. 'Ave a look!"

I look out my window and notice the lads having a laugh and running rings around each other... Yet the young mexican is making everyone look silly. He's keeping the ball, dancing through King, Gallas, Bale, Walker, Parker and everyone...

Maybe I don't need to look for a Right Winger after all...

********************************************************************************
I'm not big on editing and what not, so let me know if you're interested in this or not. Next post will follow shortly...

I knew some storys like this would pop up. I love gds, hes been a star in my fm08-12 saves. Hes increfible, good luck.

Over the past few days I've seen way too much footage or way too many players. The players that stood out were;

Vackav Kadlec, Henri Saivet, Erick Torres and Sime Vrsaljko.

Henri Saivet came at a bargain of 2.8 million and I could not pass that up.

We were in contract negotiations and I felt it was an appropriate time to speak to Dos Santos.

"I don't want to leave you in the dark Gio. Henri Saivet is coming and he is going to be gunning for your position on the wing. I play to use you behind the striker as well, but you need to know that you're my number one right winger, but it's up to you to keep it that way."

We discussed his ability, progression and how I envisioned him playing.

As Gio leaves Kevin Bond walks in.

"Napoli have made a bid for Dawson... It's 8 mil... Fergusen is talking to the media about how he wants Bale."

"Take the Dawson deal."

I stand up as we head to the locker room. I search for Gareth.

Hours pass... No Bale. I have made sure only Kevin and myself are looking for him which makes it harder, but I don't want anything getting out of hand.

Then my phone rings. It's Daniel Levy.

"We got Kadlec."

Brillaint. A 4.8 million steal. We discuss a few things while another call comes through. It's Chris Quinton... Bale's Agent.

"Josh! I'll be brief... I've spoken to Manchester United and you have two options... A better contract for Bale or sell."

He hangs up. *******.

I greet Vaclav and Henri right before the press conference. We've met before so we have a quick chat.

"Vaclav is one of the most exciting young strikers on the world. I'm delighted to welcome him to the club. He has the ability to break into the first team straight away."

"Henri is a phenomenal right winger. He has all the class in the world to come in and make instant impact"

"What about the rumours of Gareth Bale meeting United officials?"

What. The. ****.

This didn't even happen two days ago.

"What about them? They're rumours. A bunch of stories you lot use to sell your papers. How about getting back to the latest superstar for Tottenham Hotspur??"

As we walk and talk even Vaclav and Henri want to know if Gareth is leaving. I am refusing to even speak about United or Fergusen. I have no chance against him in a battle of mind games. How can I stop this spiralling out of control???

The next day I watch the boys get smashed by the fitness coach as I'm called over by Bond and my new head scout Marcel Desailly.

"Mancini is now talking up Modric along with AVB. We need to do something about this."

Time for another press conference.

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]"There are a lot of people out there that will hate hearing this, but Luka and Gareth are going nowhere. I understand the fanfare, and I acknowledge the appeal of Manchester United. What you all fail to understand is the two boys love for this club and their hunger for the fight. They want to be apart of our march to greatness. They have existing contracts and do not plan on going anywhere."[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]"You believe you can take Tottenham all the way??"[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]"Absolutely."[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]"And what about the latest? Erick Torres. Is he coming too??"[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]A few gasps from the room at the thought of another talented genius heading to White Heart Lane.
[/FONT]
"There are some issues to iron out, but I hope so."

Friendly Results
Tottenham 2 v 0 Cambridge
Dos Santos, Modric

Mlada Boleslav 1 v 2 Tottenham
Van Der Vaart, King

San Jose Earthquakes 1 v 3 Tottenham
Pavlyuchenko 2, Saivet

Cheers mate, He's done well so far!

Keep bale, dawson and modric, theire brilliant.

Backing in Kaboul, Gallas, King and Bassong. Had to let Dawson go.

"You sit here with your two latest signings, Erick Torres and Sime Vrsaljko, what are your plans for them over the coming season?"

"I'd be lying if I said I wanted to slowly develop them for the first team. I want the two of them to press hard for their first team spots immediately. I think Vrsaljko is heavily underrated in this country and Torres has almost been ignored which is criminal."

"This must have taken a chunk out of the budget, is there anything left to replace Adebeyor after he broke his foot?"

"I'm not in a position to discuss Adebeyor's injury and I won't be discussing our financial position."

What to do... What to do...

Adebeyor shattered his foot in a friendly against Leyton Orient and I've been told we're looking at 4 to 5 months. Do I send him back to City and look elsewhere or hope he'll come good for the second half of the season???

I was confident in Defoe, Kadlec and Adebeyor. Pavlyuchenko worries me. To sell and reinvest or persist with the Russian???

The scouting team call in while the coaching staff sit around the table. What to do?

"Send him back and buy someone." - Uwein (Scout)

"Not enough funds." -Bond

"Podolski is a steal at 15 million!" Uwein

I speak up. "The reality is there is not a single option out there that we can get for free with the qualities Adebeyor has. If there was 15 million to spare we got get ourselves 2 Strikers and have left over, but there's not."

"This is why we shouldn't have accepted the payment plan from Napoli!" Bond never wanted that deal for Dawson. Levy and I viewed it as the perfect option at the time.

All of us discuss for hours on end until it is decided.

"This is one of those times where we can't hide. We have our options and they need to step up. Lets have faith in Kadlec, Defoe and Pavlyuchenko to fill the void while Adebeyor is out. When he comes back he will hopefully hit the ground running. Keep your eyes open and try and find the diamonds in the rough. We've had a phenomenal window so far, but it doesn't stop here. We need to get the team working as a cohesive unit and ready for the kick off."

We discuss tactics and training for hours.

That's when Levy slides across two pieces of paper.

One is the scout report on Nile Ranger... The other is a transfer offer for Jake Livermore. 3.5 million from Birmingham... I have big plans for Jake... I thought I did....

Any ideas for a brilliant STR who is a free agent or one that I can loan?! Hahahahha

Friendly Results
Tottenham 3 v 0 PSG
Kadlec, Dos Santos, Saivet

Leyton Orient 0 v 4 Tottenham
Adebeyor, Kadlec, Kaboul 2

For me Danny Welbeck was available on loan in the first season from Man United

Welbeck, nice one! I'm going to bed now and will try have some more updates tomorrow!

First story so feedback appreciate. Negative or Positive!

hey bud, cool reading so far, I dont follow stories but I might pop into this once in a while ;)

here is the transfer dealings of my 1st season with Tottenham (just completed the quad, starting my 2nd season now)

223554d1329217051-deal-no-deal-thread-tottenham-transfers_-history-.png

will post 2nd season when its over if you like?

good luck!

Get Paloschi :) £2.8m - Chievo

View attachment 223852

That'd be awesome, thanks man.

I thought about selling Pienaar and Kranjkar, but I thought they'd be good squad players.

Will def look at Paloschi!

"We're sending him back."

"You've got to be kidding me?!"

"We cannot see the point in keeping him here and hoping he hits the ground running. It would take him weeks to get back to his best and that's AFTER his recocery."

I'm stunned. I didn't see this coming. They're sending Adebeyor back to City.

"Maybe we can loan him again in Jan, Josh."

That's great but now I'm a striker short with only pennies left.

"It's not all bad news though... We're giving you some more funds... We're giving you an extra 10 million. Spend it wisely."

With that I begin to dream again. All I can think about is the glowing reference of Paloschi. I had to turn the scout away, but now I have the funds and could ****** him....

Obviously looking at Paloschi. Any other bargain buys you guys can think of??

Yup, hold your horses on Paloschi until you take a look at Mushaga Bakenga or John Utaka :) both certainly cheaper, Bakenga arguably better (both present and for the future)

I sit at my desk after the lads have finished another gruelling pre season work out. Seeing a lot of positives from the new lads and some pf the young kids.

Rose looks like he could make impact this season and Dos Santos looks like he could take the league by storm.

The young Croatian has slotted in so beautifully at right back I am half tempted to sell his compatriot Corluka.

It could even be a Croatian exodus with the way Torres has been training. He's put Kranjcar further down the list.

I weigh up the options in my head. I have 10 million in the kitty. If I can fetch over 10 for each of them I'll have over 25. I know I won't be given all the funds. Then the opportunities are endless.

Jovetic, Muniain, Huntelaar or even try and steal the young Chelsea lad Sturridge.

Yet I stare at some existing names on my radar. My cap still at 10 I stare at;

Leandro
Emiliano Sala
Vincent Aboubakar
Mushaga Bakenga
John Utaka
Paloschi

They're just the strikers and I only want one.

I've been given other nice names in;
Marc-Andre Ter Stegen
Nicolas Isimat-Mirin

What to do??? Sell two and break the budget in a quest for glory... Or continue to build???

I might need to call everyone in on this one....

sorry if I got anyone's name wrong!
Any suggestions? Sell two and push for glory?
What do you guys think??

It spreads like a wildfire. Everyone knows we're now looking at the possibility of Tevez. It's beneficial for both parties. Don't keep two strikers who don't want to be at the club.

I've gone on record saying I would love to have Tevez or Jovetic and both have responded positively. I wasn't expecting that, but it's progress.

I am now trying to push through a sale of Krancjar and Corluka for over 10 million each. I've pressed my case to the board for more money. They almost laughed. I can't ask again. I need to make this happen.

Juventus, Munich, Liverpool and Milan all want Tevez, too. Should I just concentrate on Paloschi and Jovetic???

Dream big, I keep telling myself.

My phone rings.

"Yup?"

It's my assistant manager Kevin Bond.

"Riess. They want 14 and a half for Tevez. They knocked back your first two bids, but you were right! They took the bait."

We put in some bogus bids. One at 5 million, then at 6 and a half. They're now asking to 14 and a half. I'd take that any day, but I have 10. I can't ask the board and I don't have 5 million. I need to sell someone. Now.

It spreads like a wildfire. Everyone knows we're now looking at the possibility of Tevez. It's beneficial for both parties. Don't keep two strikers who don't want to be at the club.

I've gone on record saying I would love to have Tevez or Jovetic and both have responded positively. I wasn't expecting that, but it's progress.

I am now trying to push through a sale of Krancjar and Corluka for over 10 million each. I've pressed my case to the board for more money. They almost laughed. I can't ask again. I need to make this happen.

Juventus, Munich, Liverpool and Milan all want Tevez, too. Should I just concentrate on Paloschi and Jovetic???

Dream big, I keep telling myself.

My phone rings.

"Yup?"

It's my assistant manager Kevin Bond.

"Riess. They want 14 and a half for Tevez. They knocked back your first two bids, but you were right! They took the bait."

We put in some bogus bids. One at 5 million, then at 6 and a half. They're now asking to 14 and a half. I'd take that any day, but I have 10. I can't ask the board and I don't have 5 million. I need to sell someone. Now.

Pavlyuchenko out would be the first transfer that comes to mind, one decent striker out, one world class one in, you could probably get the amount of money you need from him alone, offer the fourteen and a half in installments, board shouldn't have a problem even if you don't have the full amount.

oh and I just checked on Bakenga, don't know how far into the season you are, but I've just picked him up on a new save for a compensation package of 66k on a 'free'...

With constant back and forth happening in the transfer market and my hands tied it approaches August 13th... Kick off. We have Wolves away.

I sit down for my first ever pre match press conference.

Daily Mirror: Opening Day! How excited are you?!

Riess: It's great to finally get underway. I've been looking forward to this moment and so have the team.

Goal.com: Is the team ready without Harry?

Riess: The break went well. Some of the boys still contact Harry, naturally. So do I!

No laughs... Great.

Riess: We're confident we've done everything right and we can hit the ground running and pick up a win.

Goal.com: Do you have a clear idea on mind of your starting 11?

Riess: We can't base everything off the pre season. The start of the season will show us a little more about our players.

London Evening Standard: Is Luka key to your success??

Riess: We've got a strong squad, but Luka is a fantastic player. If he can keep playing at the level we know he can then we know we can be successful.

BBC Radio 5 Live: You sold Dawson. The fans weren't happy.

Riess: No sale is easy. If the supporters give us time they will see our plan a little clearer.

BBC London: Who is going to win the League??

Riess: Way too early to tell.

The Molineux
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Tottenham Hotspur

I stand in front of the boys. I speak calmly and tell them what is expected of it.

"I'm expecting a win today boys. Show me what you can do."

I take Defoe to the side for a quiet chat.

"I know there's been a lot of speculation on strikers lately. I want you to show me I don't need one."

I get a slight smile as I head for the dugout. I end up walking next to Mick McCarthy who looks at my feet.

"Well your feet seem big, but I don't know if they're big enough for Harry's shoes!"

I laugh as we shake hands.

The players come out and line up. They shake hands and head in their directions.

This is it...

The whistle blows...

Installments... God I'm an idiot. Didn't even THINK!

Might try Tevez and Paloschi with Roman out... Thoughts????