Just wondering, since you can sign 16 year old players from anywhere in Spain, do these players ever acquire Basque nationality?

Just wondering, since you can sign 16 year old players from anywhere in Spain, do these players ever acquire Basque nationality?

Yeah they automatically get Basque nationality. I have recently been signing some on loan just so they turn Basque and I can sign them later on when the transfer fee isnt huge. Although with a transfer budget of over £150m I shouldnt really be caring!

NETWORK GAME ANYONE?

Thinking about starting a network game next week or sooner if there is sufficient interest (will keep this story going though) and thought I would post this to see if anyone following this would like to play in it. Details etc to be decided - although I am missing mnaging Newcastle! lol

Anywho if anyone is interested send me a PM and I will see if its worth starting or not (or I will post in network section).

Ideally if peeps could play during the day Mon-Fri that would be best but we will see...........

KLIPPYBO, really nice story. I'm also playing as Athletic, or actually just starting out. Have a question for you regarding your tactic. Do you ever make changes to it? I mean do you ever change strategies or use touchline shouts or opposition instructions?

Also, do you have any tips for team talks?

KLIPPYBO, really nice story. I'm also playing as Athletic, or actually just starting out. Have a question for you regarding your tactic. Do you ever make changes to it? I mean do you ever change strategies or use touchline shouts or opposition instructions?

Also, do you have any tips for team talks?

The only changes I make is when, say, Sanz plays up front and I change from the striker being a target man to an advanced forward as it is his natural role in that position - thats about it! (Alfredo, Llorente and Garcia are all target men but if I had a poacher I would play that role etc)

I dont do any touchline shouts and I never make formation changes unless a man gets sent off (usually I take away a CM unless to cover unless it is my AMC that gets sent off)

As for team talks I quite often say show me what you can do and if we are level at half time I get all angry and demand a win and that usually works but at the start it was much more difficult as the relationship with my players was non-existant and now I am a favourite person to them all

Good luck!!

how is iñigo ruiz de galarreta getting on?

Could u upload your Bilbao game up so i can batter teams with Aitor herrera

how is iñigo ruiz de galarreta getting on?

Could u upload your Bilbao game up so i can batter teams with Aitor herrera

View attachment 240469

A mainstay of my B team - one of the youngsters that failed to develop as much as I would have liked along with Espericueta.

Would quite happily upload the game - but I dont know how to?

Found this on some website

to upload your game save, go to:
1)C:\Users\User(Name)\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\games
2)find your save, and upload them to a file sharing site. (The fastest ones are File front ,Mediafire)
3) then Copy & paste the link on here

Found this on some website

to upload your game save, go to:
1)C:\Users\User(Name)\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\games
2)find your save, and upload them to a file sharing site. (The fastest ones are File front ,Mediafire)
3) then Copy & paste the link on here

OK will give it a bash

Yeah they automatically get Basque nationality. I have recently been signing some on loan just so they turn Basque and I can sign them later on when the transfer fee isnt huge. Although with a transfer budget of over £150m I shouldnt really be caring!

Excellent stuff, thanks. Great story as well by the way, I'm a fan of the Bilbao way of doing things so keep up the good work!

images

SEPTEMBER

Disappointing draw with Las Palmas but otherwise all is good!
Bilbao have 3 players classed as wonderkids now - Perez Villarroya, David and De la Torre
Barca put 7 past Granada - Sevilla beat Real Madrid 5-1
Spain start off World Cup qualifiers with 2 wins

Having a decent start to the season and scoring a few goals also. Vadillo shone this month with 4 assists versus Deportivo and a hat-trick against Malaga. Fought back from 2 down against Las Palmas to come away with a point.

Deportivo La Coruna 2-5 Athletic Bilbao
Garcia 3, Aitor Herrera, Muniain

UEFA Champions League Group F
Athletic Bilbao 4-0 Fenerbahce
Santano 2(1pen), Gomez, Alfredo

Athletic Bilbao 2-0 Atletico Madrid
San Jose, Santano

Las Palmas 2-2 Athletic Bilbao
Holenstein (og), Vadillo

Athletic Bilbao 6-0 Malaga
Garcia, Vadillo 3(1pen), San Jose, Alfredo

Hapoel Tel-Aviv 1-4 Athletic Bilbao
Javi Martinez, Sanz 2, Gomez Comas

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ALVARO VADILLO

images

View attachment 240487

SPAIN

World Cup Qualifiers Group 1

Belarus 1-4 Spain
Cano, Bojan, Garcia 2(1pen)

Spain 4-1 Northern Ireland
Azpilicueta, Garcia 3

Takes the ****** biscuit that! Azpilicueta has STILL to score for my Bilbao team yet pops up again for Spain - its only been 403 games Cesar! Anywho after the Euros I have decided not to call up Ramos, Pedro, Pique, Ekiza, and Mata anymore while I am undecided on Fabregas and Busquets.

Still loving this story. Good effort with Spain, now heres hoping for the unbeaten season!

Still loving this story. Good effort with Spain, now heres hoping for the unbeaten season!

Here's hoping - My last 2 league games are Valencia at home and Barca away - usually I am playing youths by then but if still unbeaten it will be first team all the way. Just got a 9-0 win away from home with 10 men! lol

Valencia will do you i reckon lol but hopefully you can hold out buddy

images

OCTOBER

Bilbao thrash Almeria 9-0
Las Palmas win 7-2 away to Deportivo
Mourinho under pressure at Atletico Madrid
Spain involved in a thriller against Switzerland

Had a great start to the month with a 9-0 away win at Almeria - we were a man down just before half time too! Vadillo missed a penalty against Real Madrid to deny him a 2nd hat-trick of the season but mustn't grumble! Disappointed that we only scored 1 past Mirandes though.

Almeria 0-9 Athletic Bilbao
Garcia 3, San Jose 3, Vadillo, Aitor Herrera, Capek (og)

Athletic Bilbao 3-1 Real Madrid
Muniain, Vadillo 2

Athletic Bilbao 3-3 Sporting Lisbon
Santano (pen), Gomez Comas, Ugalde

Athletic Bilbao 2-0 Espanyol
Aitor Herrera, Garcia

Copa del Rey 4th Round 1st Leg
Mirandes 0-1 Athletic Bilbao
Perez Villarroya

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MIKEL SAN JOSE

images

View attachment 240517

SPAIN

World Cup Qualifying Group 1

Switzerland 3-4 Spain
Aitor Herrera 2, Garcia 2

Spain 4-0 Moldova
Garcia 2, San Jose, Cidoncha

The Swiss game was thrilling. 2 up and cruising when Azpilicueta got sent off and then got pegged back to 2 each. Went ahead and made 3 subs when my LB gets stretchered off and get pegged back again but the 9 men won thanks to an injury time free kick from God. lol.
Gave Perez Villarroya his 1st cap as well as Granell (Las Palmas) and Jamelao (Real Madrid) who chose us over Brazil.

images

NOVEMBER

Bilbao lose away to Sporting Lisbon - not in the league though!
Barcelona humiliated 4-1 by Levante and 5-0 by Sevilla and Sevilla then sack their manager
Deportivo appoint new manager - rumours of his sacking come within days!!!!
1 win and 1 draw for Spain in friendlies

An excellent month with the only slip up coming away in Lisbon where I rested a few players. Rotated the squad a fair bit this month with the players with double barreled surnames coming good - Perez Villarroya, Gomez Comas and Ordonez Lopez! 8pt lead in La Liga means it is as good as over to be frank.

Sevilla 1-2 Athletic Bilbao
Aitor Herrera, Ander Herrera

UEFA Champions league Group F
Sporting Lisbon 2-1 Athletic Bilbao
Vadillo

Athletic Bilbao 5-0 Mallorca
Sanz 2(2pens), Muniain, Barandiaran, San Jose

Copa del Rey 4th Round 2nd Leg
Athletic Bilbao 5-0 Mirandes
Ordonez Lopez, Alfredo, Fidalgo (og), Sanz, Ayechu

Villarreal 0-1 Athletic Bilbao
Muniain

Fenerbahce 1-4 Athletic Bilbao
Ordonez Lopez, Perez Villarroya, Gomez Comas, Alfredo

Athletic Bilbao 6-0 Real Zaragoza
Ander Herrera, Muniain, Garcia 3, Leko (og)

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ANDER HERRERA
images

View attachment 240536

SPAIN

Friendlies

Spain 0-0 Austria

Spain 3-1 Slovakia
Garcia 2, Bojan

The only changes I make is when, say, Sanz plays up front and I change from the striker being a target man to an advanced forward as it is his natural role in that position - thats about it! (Alfredo, Llorente and Garcia are all target men but if I had a poacher I would play that role etc)

I dont do any touchline shouts and I never make formation changes unless a man gets sent off (usually I take away a CM unless to cover unless it is my AMC that gets sent off)

As for team talks I quite often say show me what you can do and if we are level at half time I get all angry and demand a win and that usually works but at the start it was much more difficult as the relationship with my players was non-existant and now I am a favourite person to them all

Good luck!!

Thanks for answering my questions Klippybo. I have a few more questions but don't want to pollute your thread as it's not really meant to be a discussion about tactics or team talks. Should I send a PM or just post them in this thread?