Your Awards 2011/2012

Best Goalkeeper: Michel Vorm - Bargain!!!
Best Fullback: Gregory van der Wiel
Best Centre Back:Jan Vertonghen
Best Winger: Arjan Robben
Best Centre/Defensive Midfielder: Vurnon Anita
Best Attacking Midfielder: Rafael van der Vaart
Best Striker: RVP
Best Manager: Frank de Boer

Best Signing: Michel Vorm
Worst Signing: Downing

Most Improved: Vurnon Anita
Most Disappointing: Fernando Torres
Best Match Watched: Ajax - PSV 2-0

Your Teams Player of the Season: Jan Vertonghen
Your Teams Player to Watch: Christian Eriksen
Goal of the Season: RVP game against Barcelona.

People say that, but if you look at the figures this has been a much, much better year than last for him. Whereas last year he got 7 goals and 1 assist, this season he's had 10 and 9 respectively, as well as nearly double the amount of key passes. All this when he's being ever more closely marked and watched by defenders as they know he's a threat now. Had a great year.

Fair enough, I obviously didn't watch him enough when Spurs were on form lol. Although I thought his performance was very over rated last year tbh. He was very good, but IMO he got picked for player of the year more on the strength of the Inter game rather than his league performances. I'd probably go as far as to say he wasn't even the best player at Spurs with the season Modric had.

IMO his least impressive performances this year have come when he has been given more of a free roam, I still think he's best as a classic winger hugging the touchline. Your point about being closely watched by defenders now is true. I'll stick with Valencia on the basis of his excellent assist record this season.

Best Goalkeeper: Michel Vorm
Best Fullback: Jose Enrique
Best Centre Back: Vincent Kompany
Best Winger: Juan Mata (Winger? Attacking Mid? Always seems to be on the left...)
Best Centre/Defensive Midfielder: Yohan Cabaye
Best Attacking Midfielder: David Silva
Best Striker: Robin Van Persie
Best Manager: Alan Pardew

Best Signing: Yohan Cabaye, 5m
Worst Signing: Anyone Liverpool spent over 10m on

Most Improved: Kyle Walker or James Perch (still maintain he's *****)
Most Disappointing: Anyone Liverpool spent over 10m on

Best Match Watched: Newcastle 3 - 0 Man United, couldnt of written a better game for us
Best Match attended: Haven't made a game this season unfortunately

Your Teams Player of the Season: Tim Krul
Your Teams Player to Watch: Vuckic/ Abeid
Your Teams Goal of the Season: Cisse vs Chelsea

Goal of the Season: Cisse vs Chelsea

Best Goalkeeper: Tim Krul
Best Fullback: Kyle Walker
Best Centre Back: Vincent Kompany. Nemanja will be back to take back his crown next season though.
Best Winger: Antonio Valencia
Best Attacking Midfielder: Wayne Rooney

Best Signing: Papiss Cisse. I'm proud of the man. He was one of my favourite players in the Bundesliga, so to see him do so well over here is fantastic.
Worst Signing: Stewart Downing. #letsalllaughatliverpool (that'll be trending tomorrow evening btw ;))

Most Improved: Johnny Evans. Can't believe he turned his season around, let's hope he continues to get better.
Most Disappointing: Park Ji Sung. He's just useless now :(.

Best Match Watched: 8-2 was just incredible.

Your Teams Player of the Season: Wanted him to be sold in the last two or three summers, but he's stepped up and played consistently well all season, I'm giving it to Michael Carrick.
Your Teams Player to Watch: I think Nani is going to be back with a vengeance next season. No injuries, no poor performances...next season he'll prove he's the best winger in the world.
Your Teams Goal of the Season: Nani v Chelsea. Hint of offside, but we'll give him the benefit of the doubt. World class strike.

Goal of the Season: Peter Crouch vs Man City

on one of the 1st posts how is chamakh gonna be a star he is 28 about and wenger dont rate him

dont get why people are putting david silva in the team been shocking since christmas dempsey for me

dont get why people are putting david silva in the team been shocking since christmas dempsey for me

Agree with this, think it has to be between Mata and Dempsey. Mata for how well he has played in a pretty bad side and his first year in the "toughest league in the world". But Dempsey if you want to pick someone who has stood out in a mid table side.

Best Goalkeeper: Joe Hart
Best Fullback: Bacary Sagna - Best FB in the league.
Best Centre Back: Vincent Kompany - Been an absolute rock for City. < this
Best Winger: Valencia - Cant think of any one else.
Best Centre/Defensive Midfielder - Alex Song - Simply Brilliant - Assist King
Best Attacking Midfielder: Juan Mata - Wish we got him :( Brilliant player
Best Striker: Robin Van Persie - Need to explanation, Captain Vantastic
Best Manager: Alan Pardew - Super Job. and Bought Excellently
Best Signing: Demba Cisse - 13 goals in 12 games and them two at the Bridge, wow just wow. <this
Worst Signing: Stewart Downing - 20million for 0 goals and 0 assists, very poor. < LOL but also this

Most Improved: Laurent Koscielny - Night and day between him in 10-11 to 11-12
Most Disappointing: Andrey Arshavin - He just couldn't be arsed in the 5 months he played this season.

Best Match Watched: Arsenal 5 Spurs 2. Beating your local rivals 5-2 after being 2-0 down NOTHING BEATS IT! :D beating Chelsea 5-3 in their own back yard was also brilliant, specially Terry slipping leaving RvP to skin Cech easily!

Best Match attended: N/A

Your Teams Player of the Season: RvP - Kept us in the top 4
Your Teams Player to Watch: Oxlade-Chamberlain
Your Teams Goal of the Season: RvP vs Everton with Arteta against Villa a close second

Goal of the Season: Cisse's 2nd goal vs Chelsea. Best Goal I have ever seen

I think by looking at the answers that most believe Ramires has been the most improved.

Ramires was class anyway, he just needed a year to settle in over here. He's under-rated imo.

Your Teams Player to Watch: Marouane Chamakh - Pace, Power, offers that something different to Van Persie. This kid will be star.

images

some of my mates are raving about how chelsea beat my team pompey 4-0 but really they should be beating a championship now league 1 team more than 4-0 and we had like 2 teenagers on are bench so come on and if we had a striker who could score we could of been 1-0 up in the first min when kitson missed a sitter and finally chelsea scored like 3 goals in the last 7 minutes

Best Goalkeeper: Krul
Best Fullback: Walker
Best Centre Back: Kompany
Best Winger: Ben Arfa
Best Centre/Defensive Midfielder: Cabaye
Best Attacking Midfielder: Mata
Best Striker: Papiss Demba Cisse

Best Signing: Papiss Cisse
Worst Signing: Downing
Most Improved: James Perch (was nervous of recieving the ball, now looks confident and can finally tackle)
Most Disappointing: Hernandez

Your Teams Player of the Season: Cisse
Your Teams Player to Watch: Ben Arfa
Your Teams Goal of the Season: Cisse's second vs chelsea
Goal of the Season: Cisse's second vs Chelsea

Best Match - Newcastle 3 - Man Utd - 0

Best Goalkeeper: Tim Krul
Best Fullback: Brainslav Ivanovic ... Jose Enrique a close second although he got ripped to shreds by Ramires today
Best Centre Back: Johnny Evans
Best Winger: Antonio Valencia
Best Attacking Midfielder: Juan Mata

Best Signing: Juan Mata
Worst Signing: Charles N Zogbia

Most Improved: Johnny Evans
Most Disappointing: Patrice Evra

Best Match Watched: Chelsea 2-2 Barcelona

Your Teams Player of the Season: The Serbian brickhouse Ivanovic
Your Teams Player to Watch: Islam Feruz/Lucas Piazon
Your Teams Goal of the Season: Diddy Drogba vs Tottenham in the FA Cup Semi-Final

Goal of the Season: Cisse's goal vs Chelsea

Okay not many will know the players etc as i support Sheffield Wednesday in League One.

Best Goalkeeper: Ben Hamer (Charlton)
Best Fullback: Matthew Lowton (Sheffield United) - Great attacking full back, pivitol to United's success
Best Centre Back: Danny Batth (Sheffield Wednesday) - Mr consistent
Best Winger: Michail Antonio (Sheffield Wednesday) - So so good. Beats people with ease and scores a few too!
Best Centre/Defensive Midfielder: Jose Semedo (Sheffield Wednesday) - Rock in the middle of the park
Best Attacking Midfielder: Johnnie Jackson (Charlton) - Great at set pieces and a great passer of the ball or Luke Freeman (Stevenage) - Great player and don't see why Arsenal didn't keep hold of him.
Best Striker: Jordan Rhodes - scored about 40 goals
Best Manager: Powell (Charlton) - Done wonders, brought in a whole new squad who have gelled great. Also a mention to Sheffield Wednesday manager Dave Jones (Played 11, won 10, drawn 2, lost 0 and gained us promotion!

Best Signing: Jose Semedo (Sheffield Wednesday) - Free transfer and has been consistent throughout the campaign
Worst Signing: James Beattie (Sheffield United) - Not scored in about 3 years and has got 2 red cards for them in half a season

Most Improved: Lewis Buxton (Sheffield Wednesday) - Was poor last season but his overall game has come on miles
Most Disappointing: John Bostock (Sheffield Wednesday) - Coming from Spurs we expected big things. Played twice, cost us a point at Chesterfield and got sent back.

Best Match Watched: Don't know tbh
Best Match attended: Sheffield Wednesday 4-4 Huddersfield - 4 goals for Jordan Rhodes

Your Teams Player of the Season: Danny Batth - IMO best defender in league, so consistent.
Your Teams Player to Watch: Liam Palmer - Scotland U-21 international
Your Teams Goal of the Season: David Prutton vs Rochdale - Opening day of season

Goal of the Season: David Prutton vs Rochdale or David Prutton vs Oldham.

May seem bias but i'm really not. They're both great goals. (See below - not best quality)

David Prutton volley Vs Rochdale - YouTube

Prutton Goal.mp4 - YouTube

Goalkeeper - Tim Krul
Full Back - Kyle Walker
Centre Back - Vincent Kompany
Winger - Antonio Valencia
Centre - Yohan Cabaye
AM - David Silva
Striker - Robin Van Persie
Manager - Alan Pardew

Best Signing - Papiss Cisse
Worst Signing - Jordan Henderson/Stewart Downing

Most Improved - Fabricio Coloccini
Disappointment - Javier Hernandez

Best match watched - Newcastle 3-0 Man Utd or Arsenal 5-2 Spurs

Team Player of season - Jonas Gutierrez
Player to watch - Sylvain Marveaux
Team and league goal of the season - Cisse v Chelsea

Hernandez has scored 10 league goals in 17 starts and that too in a season where it was too much stop start for him and after relegated to third choice by Welbeck (which meant he never got proper run in or continuous starts). How can he be most disappointing player?

Best Goalkeeper: Krul.
Best Fullback: Baines. Close between him and Richards.
Best Centre Back: Vincent Kompany. Hands down as Vidic was injured for almost all season.
Best Winger: Antonio Valencia or Nani. Whoever is in form. But if both players have their best day then Nani.
Best Centre/Defensive Midfielder: Yaya Toure.
Best Attacking Midfielder: Dempsey. Between Dempsey, Silva, Mata but to score so many goals playing for midtable, Dempsey deserves it.
Best Striker: Robin Van Persie. It is not as clear cut, Rooney is very close and if I'm not wrong has better mins per goal ratio. And Rooney played few games as CM and LW so his stats are even Impressive. Will select Rooney any day of the week but as it is Best Striker or the season RVP wins it.
Best Manager: Alan Pardew followed by Lambert
Best Signing: Cabaye/Ba/Cisse/Mata/Jelavic. Very close to choose one.
Worst Signing: Downing.

Most Improved: Evans. From fringe player to first choice.
Most Disappointing: Carroll/Downing/Torres.

Best Match Watched: ManUtd 8-2 Arsenal

Your Teams Player of the Season: Rooney
Your Teams Player to Watch: If it is young player then Pogba if he stays or if it is any player then Welbeck/Cleverely
Your Teams Goal of the Season: Anyone of Young's fantastic curling goals or Nani's against Chelsea.

Goal of the Season: Cisse against Chelsea very closely followed by Crouch's against City.