Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

But when i starting game I am chosing 13.0 not 13.3 and it will change so much?

in the classic rock I'm confused about what players are correct in the wings ...

for example neymar in the left and messi right is good at? players with those stats? or get better results with more defensive players stats?

I used Man City and players like Silva, Isco, Navas, Bale, Tello, good performance have not :( that players will have better performance in the wings to you?? Sorry for my bad english :p

I managed the Welsh national team and Bale was great on the left wing. I would play Neymar right and Messi left because I found it better to have left footed on left wing and right footed on right wing. If the winger has good speed, dribbling and crossing then he should be good. You don't really want wingers cutting inside as they will just get in the way of your central midfielders who run forward to get in scoring positions. In the rock tactic the wingers job is to get down the wing and supply balls into the area for your 2 central midfielders and your striker to score the goals.

Hope that helps.

But when i starting game I am chosing 13.0 not 13.3 and it will change so much?
Ok so is it just the data update you are not using? Is your game actually updated to 13.3.3? If you go click the FM button next to search on the right hand side of the screen and choose game status, it will say what game version you are using.

View attachment 374381

If you have the same number as my game then it should work, if not then it most likely won't.

Last edited:
I managed the Welsh national team and Bale was great on the left wing. I would play Neymar right and Messi left because I found it better to have left footed on left wing and right footed on right wing. If the winger has good speed, dribbling and crossing then he should be good. You don't really want wingers cutting inside as they will just get in the way of your central midfielders who run forward to get in scoring positions. In the rock tactic the wingers job is to get down the wing and supply balls into the area for your 2 central midfielders and your striker to score the goals.

Hope that helps.

Ok, ppm players 'cut inside' do not help the tactic ?
good correct ppm's 'runs with balls down right / left' and 'comes deep to get ball' ??

Ok, ppm players 'cut inside' do not help the tactic ?
good correct ppm's 'runs with balls down right / left' and 'comes deep to get ball' ??

Cut inside not good, Runs with ball down right good for right wing, Runs with ball down left good for left wing but Neymar is mostly right footed so he will try and cut inside anyway when playing left wing. Messi playing on the right will try and cut inside onto his stronger left foot. Come deep to get ball is good for strikers but not wingers.

Good for wingers: Runs with ball down left/right, Runs with ball often, Knocks ball past opponent, Hugs touchline

Ok so is it just the data update you are not using? Is your game actually updated to 13.3.3? If you go click the FM button next to search on the right hand side of the screen and choose game status, it will say what game version you are using.

View attachment 374381

If you have the same number as my game then it should work, if not then it most likely won't.

Hi m8.

Yes I have same version that You have , so it should be ok?

Cut inside not good, Runs with ball down right good for right wing, Runs with ball down left good for left wing but Neymar is mostly right footed so he will try and cut inside anyway when playing left wing. Messi playing on the right will try and cut inside onto his stronger left foot. Come deep to get ball is good for strikers but not wingers.

Good for wingers: Runs with ball down left/right, Runs with ball often, Knocks ball past opponent, Hugs touchline
I will play a new game trying to find players of that type, thanks for your advice :)

20 games into the season, just set a new Wrexham record by going 24 games unbeaten league and cup, Crystal Palace at home next in the FA Cup 3rd round :D Check the goal difference!

View attachment 374389

Thanks for helping out when I'm not around Rich_genie :)

No problem, girlfriend has gone on holiday and I am home alone for a few days before I head off to öland to join up with her, so I am sat on my **** doing nothing. Done pretty much everything with the rock tactic and had success with everyone so happy to share the experience :)

No problem, girlfriend has gone on holiday and I am home alone for a few days before I head off to öland to join up with her, so I am sat on my **** doing nothing. Done pretty much everything with the rock tactic and had success with everyone so happy to share the experience :)

You Swedish?

Starting Aston Villa save with 361 and 4141 rock mixed. 361 at home against chelsea with a 1-0 win. WOW

Mr L, that players can recommend for wingers?? Farfan is good? I am frustrated with the players I try in that position and rock classic tactic not works well for me, i used teams City, Milan, PSG, Juventus and never work for me