stewartlcw

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am struggling to do well for Liverpool in 13.2.1 despite using numerous tactics in this forum (restarted more than 10 times) after a poor run of results for more than 10 games (not including friendlies)...so i suspect that might be a problem with my match preparation and team talks.

I started off with an experience with automatic (the create manager screen) as a result when u start the game, some players will have indicators like hope the manager lack of experience will not hinder the team progress and most of the players morale are very poor.

Therefore to boast the morale of the players I will play some weak teams in friendlies to improve the player morale..they do improve after winning the matches...however they dropped pretty quickly back to very poor again and there are like 4 to 5 players morale are very poor when i start my 1st epl matches. When i gave team talks, 3 to 4 of the players will switched off or feel stressed. I understand that since the players morale aren't above okay, i used passionately do it for the fans for the matches, but that does not seem to work.

As for the match preparation I used attacking movement when against weaker teams at home/away... or changed to defend setpieces when my *** man say should focus on that during a match. As for training i used balanced with intensity high.

I am not sure which part of it I did wrong...any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks!

I have only bought in wellington nem, drenthe, cegile. Only nem is first team. I was thinking whether the problems are there are 4 new players for liverpool... allen, sahin, borini, nem that caused me results... maybe i need to put team cohesion and teamwork on very high in training?

Last edited:
Starting for a big club without a good background will make you struggle, as your players don't believe in you. I always start as an international player, but one time i forgot to do that and i could not make the team play as i wanted. I had to restart a new save, and now everything is ok.

Beside this, i think everything else is ok.

Restart and set it to international footballer. Setting it to automatic is like me going and taking over Barcelona from Vilanova - can you blame the players for being ****** off that some teenager's just taken over the best club in the world?:L
If you manage a big club, you have to have it at least on pro footballer.
I'm in the third season with Liverpool, came third first season in the league, did **** in all the cups, just focused on getting the club back into the CL - it was frustrating playing with Henderson and the likes first season, but stick it out - it gets better :D
Then second season, won the league over United on the last day due to goal difference - if only it was irl :p
And beat Juventus in the CL final.
This season brought in Cavani, Rodrigo, Griezmann, Oxlade-Chamberlain and more - just really beefed up the squad with the CL winnings money.

Don't mess about with youngsters like Nem first season - Liverpool need quality players ready to go.
I sold Glen, Downing and Doni and that got me good cash. Bought Ben Arfa who was a BEAST for 13mill, Benat for 17.5 and in January Isco for 17.5 too (coincidental release fees). I recommend a 4-2-3-1 as that best suits our squad first season.
Borini was class for me first season. I also recommend selling Suarez for a big fee first window - I didn't but I wish I did.
He played **** for me first season for the first couple of months then got a 7 month injury, his attributes went so bad, my scouts rated him 2 stars! So I sold him to Porto for 13 million which was actually a good deal considering how badly that injury ****** him up :L

If you want any more help with tactics or anything, PM me and I'll get back to you because it's a really enjoyable save when you get into it - I restarted with Liverpool about 5 or 6 times too.

I've never had any joy with my Liverpool saves. I've tweaked tactics and tried really hard to get good players in, set my training and match prep to the best of my abilities and we only seem to win games 1-0 or 2-0 then lose to really average teams. I think I'm too loyal to players that I rate at Liverpool (Gerrard/Suarez/Agger/Skrtel/Johnson/Reina) and I try to build my team around them. When I go a team I don't support, I have no loyalties to the players there, so ship them out without much thought. I've had great seasons with Newcastle and finished 3rd in the league and won the FA Cup. Had a dip in form when the African players went away, which cost me.

If you support Liverpool, try another team and see how your tactics do, it might just be that we're really rubbish!

I guess the reputation played a big part in fm13...i don't remember having much problem with team talks in fm12 when using automatic as reputation. Team talks were easy in fm12 where almost everything just use assertive or passionately. I will try 1 more last time with automatic reputation since i started already...since to have a better reaction from the players with calmly tone used...