Radamel Falcao - Does He Stay or Does He Go?

Falcao: Stay or Go?

• Sign Him Up

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Let Him Go

Votes: 20 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tom_7

Reaction score
Hi All
After your advice on my latest FM save as I am stumped on this one...

I'll set the scene...
I have just completed my first season with Man Utd. I managed to create an invincible team that won the league with 32 wins and 6 draws. I also won the FA Cup beating West Brom in the final by two goals to nil. I can't access screenshots at the moment as the save is on my laptop and I'm on my work computer (Shhh don't tell anyone). I'll upload screenshots later if need be. Anyway, Falcao has had a fantastic season by scoring over 25 goals in the league (can't remember the total) and winning the PFA Player of the Year Award.

So the question is, do I sign the Colombian on a permanent deal or let his loan expire?

At this point you'll probably be thinking "Sign him obviously" but I do have some doubts.

Firstly, the majority of his goals came in the first half of the season. He struggled towards the end of the season and was displaced in the starting lineup by a free scoring Robin Van Persie.

Secondly, I'd need to fork out £46 million to bring him in. After bringing in Strootman at the start of June, I have a budget of £16 million which can be adjusted to £56 mil if need be. So buying Falcao would seriously deplete my budget both in transfer and wage fees.

Adding to that, Javier Hernandez returning to the club means I have a glut of top strikers (there are worse problems in the world I suppose) with my predominant formation favouring the lone striker role.

Lastly, the lad is 29 years of age. Not getting any younger and his stats starting to slowly deteriorate, I'm not sure that £46 mil would represent value for money.

So, like I said, I can upload screenshots when I get home from work if you need me to, but any opinions welcome. When I resume my save, I will have 5 game days until Falcao heads back to Monaco (hence me asking whilst at work) and need to make a final decision.

Stay or Go?

I didn't even keep him for the season mate. Great player but 45 million is too steep I think. His wages are mental too which is why i sent him back.

I was using 1 striker and RVP is as good anyway. I kept RVP until he left the club at 36, still banging them in (12 apps 18 goals and some assists when his contract ended). Only reason I didn't keep RVP was because I had Jovic and Lukaku who were younger so wanted them to play more.

I am playing as Liverpool, 4 seasons in and Falcao is soooooo annoying!! on that basis I would sign him

@Average Joe - Yeah that's a good point mate. Only thing is, Rooney's goalscoring form has been poor so I'd be relying on an ageing Van Persie and untested (in my team) Javier Hernandez. Is that enough for an assault on the title, domestic cups and Champions League?

@Average Joe - Yeah that's a good point mate. Only thing is, Rooney's goalscoring form has been poor so I'd be relying on an ageing Van Persie and untested (in my team) Javier Hernandez. Is that enough for an assault on the title, domestic cups and Champions League?

Rooney was **** for me too mate! Couldn't score to save his life (even a 16 year old Halilovic, played in the same role was scoring more than Rooney!)

RVP was my main striker, Hernandez should be a very able back up for you if you are also playing 1 striker. I've seen a lot of people rate Wilson (though he didn't develop much for me)

Have you got Henriquez?

Maybe see how much you could get Fierro for. A friend had him for AC Milan and he score 39 league goals for 2 years running....would be a lot less than Falcao is on too!

Let him go although he continues to score goals his wages are far to high, that said you may want to consider getting rid of Rooney as well as his stats drop rapidily after the first season. You would be better to develop Henrique and Wilson or buying younger less demanding player.

Rooney was **** for me too mate! Couldn't score to save his life (even a 16 year old Halilovic, played in the same role was scoring more than Rooney!)

RVP was my main striker, Hernandez should be a very able back up for you if you are also playing 1 striker. I've seen a lot of people rate Wilson (though he didn't develop much for me)

Have you got Henriquez?

Maybe see how much you could get Fierro for. A friend had him for AC Milan and he score 39 league goals for 2 years running....would be a lot less than Falcao is on too!

Got Henriquez but only just, Celta met his buyout clause of £3.8mil but he turned them down. You reckon I should sign him up on a new contract? Finishing is 17.

Will see Wilson's stats and goalscoring form when he is back from his loan at Bolton. Fierro is a good shout as well, never had him in my team but heard he is decent! Thanks mate.

Just keep renewing his loan deal - you don't have to sign him permanently.

All you pay are his wages which are high - but you really shouldn't have any problem with that.

When you get the notice that his deal will soon end - click make an offer and change from purchase to Loan.

Totally worth it for me - he just finished season 4 still on loan at 32yrs old with 40 league goals.

Results below - first 3 seasons were as lone ST using Christian Eriksens tactic, 4th season Bad Possession:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...422835336-bad-possession-180-goals-falcao.jpg

Also - his stats have not dropped at all!

Last edited:
Let him go although he continues to score goals his wages are far to high, that said you may want to consider getting rid of Rooney as well as his stats drop rapidily after the first season. You would be better to develop Henrique and Wilson or buying younger less demanding player.

Yeah Rooney has been massively disappointing. Few goals and assists and that's it. Mata has been far better in the AMC role. Might sell him on.

Just keep renewing his loan deal - you don't have to sign him permanently.

All you pay are his wages which are high - but you really shouldn't have any problem with that.

When you get the notice that his deal will soon end - click make an offer and change from purchase to Loan.

Totally worth it for me - he just finished season 4 still on loan at 32yrs old with 40 league goals.

Results below - first 3 seasons were as lone ST using Christian Eriksens tactic, 4th season Bad Possession:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...422835336-bad-possession-180-goals-falcao.jpg

Also - his stats have not dropped at all!

Didn't think I could do that! Wouldn't of thought they would accept a loan deal again. Thanks man

In my game he was dreadful for me. Started off amazing in his first 10 games but after that he couldn't hit a barn door. RvP was lethal, and is still into my second Season. I let Falcao go back to Monaco and he injured himself immediately for 4 months!

I did have a loan offer accepted again but decided against it, so it's definitely possible.

Sell Rooney, Send Falcao away and Sell RVP.

With the money you save in wages (more than 3M € per month!!), plus more than 50M € for the 2 sales you can get Berardi and Lukaku and have strikers for the next 10 years with 20 % of the wages!

For £45m you could buy at least 5 top talents, if not 10. And their combined wages would still be lower than that of Falcao's. I don't see any good reason for signing him.

Honestly... get Munir, I find him to be a better player with much better wage demands. And his release clause is just £10m, LFC's update is £30m but both are better than paying £44m + 1.2m a month.

I always offload Rooney too (Chelsea gave me £29m... haha), keep Wilson around, you can profit from him after some loan spells to boost his value, spurs bought him for £26m, never made an appearance for the first team. RVP will be good enough until Munir is ready.

well there is no doubt that falcao is an excellent player and he will definitely score a lot of goals

but his wages and transfer fee are insane.....

In my first save I did not sign Falcao as I had signed Paco Alcacer and already had hernandez and henriquez coming back from loan. Plus wilson is a great striker.

In my current save I terminated Falcao's loan on the first day and signed Icardi, Fierro and Jovic (who will be coming after 2 seasons)

The main point being you will get many players at lower fee and wage demands who would score even more goals. so dont sign him

Falcao is a beast, scored about 110 goals for me in 3 seasons in all competitions, but I would rather have let him go to be honest. As he costs so much I feel obliged to play him, when I have Henriquez and Zivkovic who want to break into the team.

I HIGHLY recommend playing Henriquez at least every other game, I did in my second season after massive injuries to my forward line. Started the season as an average back up player rated about £3m by January he was world class, better than Rooney and on par with RVP and was worth nearly £30mil, I have never seen progression like it.

Wilson is hit and miss he never developed at all for me despite plenty of apps for me and on loan.

Spend that £46mil on 2-3 other players that are younger.

Yeah Rooney has been massively disappointing. Few goals and assists and that's it. Mata has been far better in the AMC role. Might sell him on.

Rooney was awesome for me at AMR Inside Forward (first choice) and occasionally as lone F9 striker.

Then in season 4 at 32yrs he scored something like 30 goals in 39 games as part of a front three.

The little ogres stats do drop fast even in season 2 but he just keeps on going.

Mata is monstrously good at a variety of roles - particularly at CM Attack.