FM2011 - Uncle Ron's England Levels 7 and 8 - Southern, Northern & Isthmian Leagues

uncle ron

Reaction score
FM2011 - Uncle Ron's England Levels 7 and 8 - Southern, Northern & Isthmian Leagues

Hi all, following on from the release of my FM2010 English expansion pack activating Levels 7 and 8, i.e. Steps 3 and 4 in the National League System, to make the Northern Premier, Southern League and Isthmian League playable, I have released a version for FM2011.

Check out the official thread on the Si Forums for the latest information http://community.sigames.com/showth...-and-8-Southern-Northern-amp-Isthmian-Leagues

File Includes
  • Level 7 activated and league rules set for Northern Premier League Premier Division, Southern Premier League & Isthmian Premier League
  • Level 8 activated and league rules set for Northern Premier League First Division North, Northern Premier League First Division South, Southern League First Division Central, Southern League First Division South/West, Isthmian League First Division North & Isthmian League First Division South
  • Level 9 set as inactive to allow promotion / relegation between Level 8 and Regional Divisions
  • Added Northern League Cup, Northern League President's Cup, Northern League Chairman's Cup, Southern League Cup & Isthmian League Cup
  • Added 6 awards per Level 7 and 8 League Division, i.e; Player of the Month, Manager of the Month, Team of the Week, Top Goalscorer, Player of the Season & Manager of the Season
  • Added missing City 'inhabitants range' and 'attraction' data
  • Added missing Club 'nicknames', 'city' and 'year founded' data
  • Added Media Sources for non-league football
  • All the league and cup dates are based on a realistic schedule to avoid fixture clashes.
  • A reasonable estimate of prize money is included for all competitions. Accurate prize money is included for the FA Cup and FA Trophy.
  • Correct Levels 7 and 8 discipline rules
  • Correct Levels 7 and 8 fixture rules
  • Correct Levels 7 and 8 match rules, i.e.; no more than 5 loan players in match squad and no more than 2 trialists in match squad
  • Correct Levels 7 and 8 transfer rules, i.e.; transfer window closes on 31 March in any given year
  • Correct Levels 7 and 8 loan rules, i.e.; maximum of 16 loans per club during season, maximum of 12 short term loans per season, maximum of 2 short term loans at any time and maximum of 4 long term loans per season
  • Added Administration rules for Levels 7 and 8, giving 10 point deduction if club enter administration by last Friday in March
  • Added realistic fixture scheduling, i.e.; matchdays on Bank Holidays, Boxing Day, Boxing Day Bank Holiday, New Years Year or New Years Day Bank Holiday
  • Added realistic sorting for play-off matches
  • Added fixture breaks for leagues to avoid clashes with cup competitions
  • Added FA Ground Grading Requirements for Levels 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 (Football League =min 5000 inc 1000 seats, Step 1 = min 4000 inc 500 seats, Step 2 = min 3000 inc 250 seats, Step 3 = min 1950 inc 250 seats and Step 4 = min 1300 inc 150 seats)
  • Rebuilt SI FA Cup without loss of features to expand competition to include 2 additional rounds and regionalised draws, i.e. Preliminary Round and 1st Qualifying Round.
  • Rebuilt SI FA Trophy without loss of features to expand competition to include 2 additional rounds and regionalised draws, i.e. Preliminary Round and 1st Qualifying Round.
  • Added u18 Youth Leagues specific for Levels 7 and 8

Unlike other files, my file has been created from scratch with all new data added to the brand new SI FM2011 data update 11.1.0 to ensure no conflicts occur.

The file has been tested until 2020 and no crashes have occurred.

Download

The file is available in two versions, with or without County FA Cups.

Version 4.0 FM2011 Data Update 11.3 ONLY - Download Here ***By downloading this file you agree to not re-release it or host it in its original form, or in any edited form, without first seeking and obtaining my express prior permission - this includes redistribution of this file in 'Megapacks'***

Version 4.0 for FM2011 Data Update 11.3 ONLY *WITH COUNTY CUPS DISABLED* - Download Here ***By downloading this file you agree to not re-release it or host it in its original form, or in any edited form, without first seeking and obtaining my express prior permission - this includes redistribution of this file in 'Megapacks'***

Activation
  1. Extract the .dc file "v4.0 Uncle Ron's England Levels 7 & 8" to the Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\editor data folder in your My Documents (PC) / Documents (MAC) folder. If there is no 'editor data' folder then please create one and copy the folder into it.
  2. Load FM2011
  3. Select ‘Preferences’ and go to the ‘Display/Sound’ tab. UNTICK use skin cache. TICK ‘Always Reload Skin on Confirm’
  4. When completed, leave preferences and ‘Start A New Game’
  5. In the dialog window that pops up, TICK the change box.
  6. Select the LATEST file in the list, if not already. Deselect ALL OLD VERSIONS
  7. Start a new game as normal, selecting FM2011 update 11.3 and select the lowest level as English Regional First Divisions
  8. Select 'Add Key Staff'.
  9. Select 'Custom Database' and add 'Load All Players from Nation > England'
  10. These files are not saved game compatible and require a new game to be started.

If you have any issues, make sure you've read the Editor Forum FAQ thread at http://community.sigames.com/showthr...r-Features-FAQ.

FAQ

* Why is my team in the Northern Premier League, shouldn't they be in the Isthmian League?

One of the qwerks of the English non league steps is how much change there is every season. This all depends on which teams are selected for promotion from Level 9 that may not easily fit into the regional geography of Levels 7 and 8. For Football Manager this is a problem as whilst rules have been set for each league and the vast majority of teams, unfortunately you can't programme common sense into the data editor. On the rare occasion you may find a team sorted into the wrong division, be rest assured that when the first opportunity arises to place them back into their correct division the game will sort them correctly.

* Why do I need to add All Key Staff?

I recommend you tick 'Add key staff'. That way all the staff you need, i.e. a physio and assistant manager will be generated for the clubs where there is not one set in the database.

* Are you planning on providing a data update for these teams so they have the correct players and staff etc?

This is not a player data update, no players have been added or their stats amended and I have no intention of adding this information.

* Why are Ilkeston playing in the Blue Square North and Winsdor & Eton and Leyton in the game?

In real life, following the withdrawal of Ilkeston from the Blue Square North in September 2010 the league will operate with only 21 teams with 2 relegation places, to be expanded back up to its full compliment of 22 teams and 3 relegation places for the 2011/2012 season.

I have decided these files will operate as per the line-up on the first league fixture of the 2010/2011 season, so Ilkeston, Windsor & Eton and Leyton are reinstated into their respective leagues. The same also applies to point deductions, i.e. those not in-place at the start of the season are not included.

* County FA Cups: Will my first team always play in the County Cup?

The County Cups are taken seriously by the majority of Level 7 and 8 clubs. As a result I decided to allow some clubs to always field their first teams. All Premier, Football League and Conference clubs with all other clubs with a starting reputation of 900 or above will field their reserve teams. Allowing the lower club first teams to compete increases competition and a vital source of income.

Unfortunately the cups are not dynamic, so if you are the manager of Hungerford, for example, will always field their first team, even if you get them to the Premier League.

If you are not interested in the County Cups I have provided a second download with these competitions disabled.

* What is the rulebook?

The editor is limited in what match and competition rules can be input. As an example, clubs in Levels 7 and 8 are only permitted to give a player a contract, known as League Forms, for one playing season only.

I've reviewed the Isthmian, Southern and Northern League Handbooks and Rules and I have devised a simple rule book for gamers to follow (if they wish) to help make playing these leagues more realistic. The Rulebook PDF is combined within the file download.

And Finally...Please Note:

By downloading this file you agree to not re-release it or host it in its original form, or in any edited form, without first seeking and obtaining my express prior permission - this includes redistribution of this file in 'Megapacks'. Please PM me if you wish to discuss link the download to your site.

Last edited:
looks pretty comprehensive. Does the Fa Cup Function as it should (Prem + Coca Cola in round 3 etc?)

If so I will download and no doubt play

looks pretty comprehensive. Does the Fa Cup Function as it should (Prem + Coca Cola in round 3 etc?)

If so I will download and no doubt play

Yes Premier and Championship teams enter in Round 3. I have extended the FA Cup to include the 1st Qualifying and Preliminary Qualifying Rounds. All rounds are named as per real life and all teams enter at the correct stage.

Best version of the lower league's Ive tryed.Are there any plans to add level 9?

Best version of the lower league's Ive tryed.Are there any plans to add level 9?

I'm still investigating whether a vaguely realistic promotion / relegation between Levels 8 and 9 could be created if Level 9 was activated... looks unlikely at the moment but I'll keep trying.

are there any regional cups? (eg. Hampshire senior cup)

are there any regional cups? (eg. Hampshire senior cup)

Not yet...

A new version (2.3) has been published today with some fixes and can be downloaded from -

Last edited:
This is amazing mate! When I get home I'm probably gonna try and take a team from level 8 to the Premier league.

Great work, I am playing the 2nd release in l8 and havent found any problems.

Version 3.1 Released!

Version 3.1 is now released, see download and activation information in opening post for full information.

The file includes the following fixes:
  • Fixed leagues not scheduling fixtures on date of FA Cup 1st Round
  • Fixed league fixture scheduling avoiding clashes with all competitions that created fixture breaks
  • Altered all County Cups to not schedule the competitions on stage setup
  • Added Northern Premier League Peter Swales Challenge Shield
  • Added Isthmian League Charity Shield
  • Added Isthmian League Fair Play Awards
  • Added additional competition histories for Regional and County Cups
  • Fixed potential conflict between Preliminary Rounds scheduling for Evo-Stik President's Cup and Chairman's Cup if same club was involved in both competitions at that stage
  • Corrected Isthmian League Cup fixtures
  • Corrected fixture offsets for Southern League Cup
  • Corrected County Cup dates to ensure no clashes with new Isthmian and Southern League Cup dates
  • Fixed Manchester United appearing in Isthmian, Northern or Southern League Super Cups rather than Cup runner-up
  • Changed Wiltshire Premier Shield to 2 leg semi-final

Enjoy!

I am in my 4th season in version 2 and everything has worked great. Downloading a new version will only affect new games not saves.

Uncle Ron I was hoping that you may have advice regarding my question posted in this forum and lower league forum about youth salaries in foreign leagues as you seem to really know your way around the editor. Thanks alot for this file and double thanks if you can assist with setting lower youth salaries!

To use V3.1 you need to start a new game and only use the files within the v3.1 folder

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

I am in my 4th season in version 2 and everything has worked great. Downloading a new version will only affect new games not saves.

Uncle Ron I was hoping that you may have advice regarding my question posted in this forum and lower league forum about youth salaries in foreign leagues as you seem to really know your way around the editor. Thanks alot for this file and double thanks if you can assist with setting lower youth salaries!

In terms of salaries... I'm not aware of anything specific to alter them. Salaries will be determined by club reputation, player reputation and league reputation.

Havent logged in for a while but glad I did now.Im looking forward to the new updates.Many thanks and keep up the good work.

Love this database, really great! Does anyone know about any kit or logo pack for level 7 downwards? :)

My Documents/Sports Interactive/FM11/Editor Data

If you don't have Editor Data folder, create it.