Team Help....struggling to break UTD and City

TheWanderer

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am struggling with some decisions at the moment and would like some help/advice on how to go. I have just won the FA Cup and finished 5th in the premier league as Bolton Wanderers in my 5th Season. I have a budget of 25 mil to spend but mainly my current team is a lot of players bought cheap/on a free. The most expensive player (and best buy) is Admeilson. I am thinking I need a good Mid to direct my play and another quality finisher. Last season I was going for a good mid but bought the 2 CB’s instead which turns out was a great idea as my def has been amazing this season expect for a 8-0 smashing at City. I am struggling to get anyone decent as City and arsenal are constantly getting there before me and pumping up the prices. (example Christian erikson was asking for 21 mil but city then went and offered 32.3 mil L ) ALSO UTD are just unbelievable and have been bought out. Pep is now managing them and their team is out of this world Hamisk, hummels,neymar, baines to name a few signings. Here is my team current at the start of the new season:

Gkr – Marc-Andre Ter Stegen FREE

RB –Sebastien Corchia – FREE
CB - Rafael Toloi – 8.9 Mil
CB – Jan Kirchhoff – 8 mil
LB – Nathaniel Clyne – 3.5 mil

RM – Lee Chung-Yong – Already in Squad
CM – Mark Davies – Already in Squad
CM- Oskar Hiljermark – 700k
LM – Juan Manuel Vargas – FREE

ST – Admelison – 9.5 mil
ST – Marvin Sordell - Already in Squad

SUBS
Stuart Holden
Leigh Griffiths – 600k
Gregg Wylde
Tim Ream
Marcos Alsono
Ibrahima Sy – FREE
Potential 5 star striker
Potential 5 star RB/LB

As you can tell my Def is pretty strong, ideally I would like to get a good LB in but my mid and striker postion is more urgent. Vargas is getting too old and Mark Davies is just not cutting it. Oskar is doing well and worth 6+mil and attracting a lot of attention at the moment too. Here are my targets and pricing

Mattia Destro – 5.5mil
Andrea Poli – 11.5 mil
Granit Xhaka – 11 mil
Moussa Sissiko – Not got a price but 14 mil has been refused so far

Can anyone offer some other players to help push me on this season? Or out of the above tell me who they would sign?

THANKS ALL

I'd grab Poli, Xhaka and Destro. Had all three before and all are worth it, could try for Isco too if he's not moved club.

Don't have enough for all three plus wages. Sissiko will not be coming they want 50 mil plus n isco is wanting 29 mil

Your transfer targets seems good, u really need to strengthen the middle. IMO with 4-4-2 and these players your team is weaker, get a DMC (Sissiko is good option) and Poli/Xhaka (they are pretty similar) and switch to 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 if u have someone for AMC with Ademilson up front, try go get some decent AMR too (loan maybe?). Against superior team i suggest 4-1-4-1 counter attack and direct play and wingers set to defensive wingers, hard tackling etc., focus is to "park the bus" and play all balls to ademilson :D. Also u may wander in tactics section and look for alternatives there.

Last edited:
Destro is a beast and 5m is a great buy imo. Poli and Xhaka are also great playmakers to have in mid but as Darock said i would only sign one if it were me.

Capoue - if you want a huge anchor man, he may have moved or signed a new contract, if not try to unsettle him and he is usually about 12m (i know he has the 13.5 release clause but you can get him for cheaper)

Emre Can - from bayern as well, he is a bit of a young Sahin (also turkish) and should be developing well by then and maybe not broken into the team yet.

Tachtsidis - from Roma is another physical BEAST like Capoue and much younger and cheaper.

Wanyama - from Celtic originally as well for some muscle in mid.