costas

Reaction score
COSTAS TRAINING 2012

Hi to everyone,
For second season in a row I uploaded my training schedules in order to share them and of course to improve them.
The 12.4 version contains the following schedules:

SENIOR TRAINING
- Goalkeeper
- Centerback (Centerback schedule with no shooting training. In FM 2012 composure gets trained by Tactics slider so no need to get individual training anymore)
- Fullback
- Defensive Midfielder
- Midfielder
- Attacking midfielder
- Winger
- Fast Striker
- Targetman
- Pre Season Defenders
- Pre Season Midfielders
- Pre Season Forwards
- Injury Recovery: Unlike irl, in FM how hard or not a training schedule is does not affect a player's fitness. As a result the injury recovery schedule won't help your players regain their fitness after an injury but will help them avoid another injury during their recovery period.

YOUTH TRAINING
- Goalkeeper - Centerback - Fullback - Defensive Midfielder - Midfielder - Attacking midfielder - Winger - Striker - Pre Season Defenders - Pre Season Midfielders - Pre Season Forwards
Unlike what happened at senior training, after running some tests, I observed that altering workload from heavy to very heavy doesn't have a significant effect on the number of injuries suffered. So I decided to keep workload at very heavy but if anyone faces injury problems please inform me!
- Injury Recovery

PART TIME TRAINING
- Goalkeeper - Centerback - Fullback - Defensive Midfielder - Midfielder - Attacking midfielder - Winger - Striker

VETERAN TRAINING
Schedules focused on physical training for over 30 players.
- Goalkeeper - Centerback - Fullback - Defensive Midfielder - Midfielder - Attacking midfielder - Winger - Striker - Pre Season Defenders - Pre Season Midfielders - Pre Season Forwards

TEAM TRAINING
Schedules based on Mantralux' s Training Masterclass thread. Use them to help new players ''match'' to the rest of the squad. Schedules available for possession and counter tactics for now.
- Possession Defenders - Possession Midfielders - Possession Forwards
- Counter Defenders - Counter Midfielders - Counter Forwards

UNHAPPY PLAYERS: If you have players unhappy with the training workload reduce the workload of their training by 4 or 5 notches. This way players will become happy and the training results will be almost the same.

Changes from version 12.1 to 12.2:
- Youth schedules added
- Small changes made in every schedule.

Changes from version 12.2 to 12.3:
SENIOR TRAINING:
YOUTH TRAINING
- Injury Recovery schedule added.
- Preseason schedules added.
PART TIME TRAINING
- Part time schedules added

Changes from version 12.3 to 12.4:
- Veteran schedules added
- Team schedules added

DOWNLOAD SCHEDULES HERE!

Feel free to express any criticism (negative or positive) in order to help me improve the schedules.

Last edited:
Looking forward downloading your schedules to see how they differ from my approach ( i.e what I can learn from it)
As usuall though, when starting a thread, plese dont make it one that only tells us what you intend to do it the future. I will close it for now and when you have uploaded the schedules, please send me a pm and I will open the thread for you.

ps ! I am not having a go at you as such, but to avoid a floodgate scenario, I think its wise to put a foot down.

Thread Closed ( for now)

Yep i started using them with my new ajax career, and if they are as good as fm11, then they're brilliant. Are you going to add any youth schedules to them?

Yep i started using them with my new ajax career, and if they are as good as fm11, then they're brilliant. Are you going to add any youth schedules to them?
Of course i will add youth schedules but i am not yet sure when they'll be ready.

hi costas, i use your schedules in 11, and they were so good!
i'll test 12.2 in the weekend.
TKS a lot!

hi costas, i use your schedules in 11, and they were so good!
i'll test 12.2 in the weekend.
TKS a lot!
Don't forget to report if you see something you don 't like. Version 12.3 will be up soon!

Hi, costas!
here is my report of AS Roma's training, for 1 season test.
pic 1 is 11.08.2011
pic 2 is 20.05.2012
pic 3 is 20.05.2012 about the data of all the younger players
View attachment 204154View attachment 204155
View attachment 204156
about pjanic, he was Injured for 12 days in training, but more than 3 months in match, so his ca.......
lamela was Injured for 3 weeks in training, and only played a few games;
bojan was Injured for 2 weeks in training;
angel was Injured for 2 weeks in training;
the other guys was ok in training.

A logical number of injuries I believe. As for Pjanic even with a decrease at his CA his positional rating improved a little and that's a sign that the attacking midfielfer schedule is working. Btw thanks for the input and the support.

Last edited:
Do you change senior schedules to very heavy during pre season?, or just the same all the way through?

never mind me, just noticed the preseason bits, D'OH!

Do you change senior schedules to very heavy during pre season?, or just the same all the way through?
I have special pre season schedules that are heavier than the normal ones but only set to heavy because I discovered that in FM 12 changing from heavy to very heavy increases dramatically the number of injuries.

Dunc's Training - FM2012

Medium Workload Schedules
test
result
View attachment 204671
I think costas's 12.2 is better than dunc's training Medium Workload Schedules.
and the Injury almost the same as dunc's medium.

So, i believe 12.3 is even better.

Very encouraging results! As long as workload is the same injuries wiil normally be almost the same. In which schedule did you train Lamela and Rosi? Although they reached almost the same CA with both trainings they have a smaller Positional rating with mine. Maybe something needs some "fixing"...

Lamela is amc, Rosi is fullback in costas' & wingback in dunc's
but, they only played a few games.
So, I think match is also important as training.