The Great San Marino Challenge

Has anyone been able to get a useful feeder club? One thing I've noticed with LLM is that its nearly impossible to get a useful one. I've been trying for years to get one for loans or good youth systems and the only options my board gives me are **** clubs in non-loaded leagues.

since Serie C1 we had two italian feeder clubs: one from C1 as well and another one from C2. They can be very useful especially to send decent SM prospects on loan, as they won't be immediately good enough for Serie B.

in Serie A we've added links with spanish and french clubs (both 3rd tier) though I think they're only useful to expand scouting knowledge.

in other news my first Serie A season is going very well:

View attachment 207516

and we could have been even higher with a bit of luck! the team has started to play really well in January, hopefully we can keep this form and shock Serie A with an europa league spot!

Bruno Veiga with a nice season so far, battling with Cavani for Top Scorer

View attachment 207517

looking forward to the next youth intake, serie A rep + excellent junior coaching might bring some good news on march 18th

jm, that sounds perfect. Glad we can get past this now!

It's because it's all down to rep.. Your rep is probably 2 stars, pretty much every loaded club with have rep of at least 2 star.. Apart from a couple of promoted C2 teams and D league teams.. Maybe wait until you reach 3 star rep before worrying about feeder clubs.

That's what I figured. But the thing is, I'm in the year 2020 and have won Serie A and am currently in the top 30 clubs in Europe. My rep is ~6500 (checked w/ FMRTE) or 3.5 stars, more than almost any second level club in any country. I should, theoretically, be getting options for Championship teams in England, Serie B teams, LIGA adelante etc., yet the only options I'm getting are 'Spanish Second Division B4', which I'm not sure what level that is but it's worthless.

And when I DO get the rare Serie c1/c2 option, the training facilities are so bad that my players don't even want to go on loan there.

EDIT: Quick update so my post isn't just a sob story.
View attachment 207709
*Complete domination throughout the entire year.
View attachment 207708
*Best player I've ever had. Absolutely unstoppable. Barca activated his release clause (60 mil) during Jan. but he rejected the contract :D. Hope he stays forever!​

Last edited:
That's what I figured. But the thing is, I'm in the year 2020 and have won Serie A and am currently in the top 30 clubs in Europe. My rep is ~6500 (checked w/ FMRTE) or 3.5 stars, more than almost any second level club in any country. I should, theoretically, be getting options for Championship teams in England, Serie B teams, LIGA adelante etc., yet the only options I'm getting are 'Spanish Second Division B4', which I'm not sure what level that is but it's worthless.

And when I DO get the rare Serie c1/c2 option, the training facilities are so bad that my players don't even want to go on loan there.

EDIT: Quick update so my post isn't just a sob story.
View attachment 207709
*Complete domination throughout the entire year.
View attachment 207708
*Best player I've ever had. Absolutely unstoppable. Barca activated his release clause (60 mil) during Jan. but he rejected the contract :D. Hope he stays forever!​

Where do you play him?

Ketz's San Marino

Finished with second season and still going strong :). Managed to get promoted (not as smooth as i would like it, but still ;) ). And won the serie c cup again!

View attachment 207813View attachment 207814

My new signing for serie B

View attachment 207824

Unfortunately, regens this season weren't worth a single screenshot :D

Btw, i am having major finance problems and was reading what you were writing here. How stable will the saved game be if i was to use this FMRTE (never used it)?

everyone should backup their save before they use FMRTE just in case

This may sound like a silly question. But i have just seen this challenge, and think i'll give it a go. How do i add in all the SM players?

This may sound like a silly question. But i have just seen this challenge, and think i'll give it a go. How do i add in all the SM players?

where you select the database size you can chose custom and then load all players by nationality, san marino

I'm going for it. Going to be SICK. Any particular advice? :D

I'm going for it. Going to be SICK. Any particular advice? :D

Sign Scorza, Cardacio and Ballini first season (among others). Then go for Brady and Maybe Cesarini at the start of the second season.

FMRTE Help

jm426 was so kind to send me these instructions for editing San Marino TV contracts with FMRTE and solve the bug, I think this will be extremely helpful for people who are not familiar with editors etc. Remember you are supposed to do this only after you have reached Serie A.

A big thank you to jm426 and to all the guys who helped with researching and testing like Aannddyy, Brian and wkdsoul.

Here are step by step directions for assigning yourself a TV contract:

To be safe, create a backup save
Open FMRTE while FM is running and your game is loaded
Press the Load Game button at the top right
In FM, click on any one of your players currently with the club (ie not on loan)
In FMRTE, press the third button from the left in the row of buttons at the very top. The player's info will now open up. Just below the row of buttons at the top, it will say their name, nationality, and team
  • The button looks vaguely like a computer monitor
  • The tooltip reads: "Shows in the editor the same person/club that you are seeing in game"
Click the team name to open up the San Marino page. You are now presented with a whole bunch of tabs (Tactics, Staff, Information, Teams, etc.)
  • (There are direct routes to get to this page, but this tends to be easier)
Click on the Finances tab
Locate the Sponsors sub-header, and the Individual TV Deal dropdown within that section.
  • If there are two dropdowns listed as Individual TV Deal, just use the first one (I don't think it matters, but better to be safe and ensure consistency)
Replace the -1 in the value field with 12,000,000 Euros / 17,200,000 Dollars / 10,400,000 Pounds (do not use commas when entering it in FMRTE)
  • MAKE SURE YOU NOTE WHICH CURRENCY FMRTE IS USING. IT WILL NOT NECESSARILY BE THE SAME ONE YOU ARE USING IN-GAME. There is a way to change the currency FMRTE uses, but it's probably easier to just stick to whatever the default is (I can't remember whether its Pounds or Euros, otherwise I wouldn't bother giving the conversions)
The Expire Date field should automatically be set to the correct date (it can fall anywhere from the 23rd to the 30th of June in any given season)
Now look at the row of icons at the top again. Press the second button from the left to save your changes
  • The button looks like a floppy disk
  • The tooltip reads: "Save changes..."
Mission accomplished!

Thank you Kandersson for the howto guide. Wasn't planning on using FMRTE before getting to serie A. This will be most helpful if/when i get there :)

Just to reiterate for the TV editing thing: After you do it once, it should automatically renew at new values depending on your club rep (and possibly other factors), so you don't have to worry about FMRTE again.

-----
@kandersson: your inbox is full so I couldn't reply to your PM

Thank you Kandersson for the howto guide. Wasn't planning on using FMRTE before getting to serie A. This will be most helpful if/when i get there :)

all credit to jm426, I'm completely useless when it comes to FMRTE!

@jm426: just deleted some old messages so you can reply when you have time, or leave a message on my page :)

Season 2016/17:

PgOSQ.png

I got into the Europa League which was a great season for me. Delighted!!!

Transfers:
AePhp.png

Cesarini left, lots of co-ownerships. City stole my very good AMR.

Finances and Facilities:
84Omi.png

4XhnG.png

Co-ownerships helped me alot, I will have TV money from next year so can turn some co-ownerships down.
Bought the stadium now so expansion should start soon.

Key Players:

OaIJR.png

WJi8H.png

DNFCI.png

NTP2d.png

Well Friday is my best player by far and he is only 20. I missed him when he got injured at the AFCON. M'Passi and Bettini shared the striking duties. Iorfa was immense at CB for the season bagging 7 goals in the league aswell.

Prospects:
vt9kn.png

CBvvv.png

Both have Decent to good Serie A potential which is great for the NT

Kanderrson, couldnt one just type in 0 instead of -1 then it would grow as normal? i mean that you can type in 0 at the start of the game, then you would get your tv-money in serie B and the cup from the start aswell?

Kanderrson, couldnt one just type in 0 instead of -1 then it would grow as normal? i mean that you can type in 0 at the start of the game, then you would get your tv-money in serie B and the cup from the start aswell?

That's exactly what I was thinking..

Couple problems with this:
1) Most of us are far enough in that restarting would be a waste, but it would be doable for new people if not for...
2) At the very end of my Serie B season (which is when this came up in discussion), I gave myself a tiny TV ($625 per year) contract just to see what would happen at the renewal date. On June 30th, now in Serie A, I got a TV contract for a whopping $1900 per season.

So if you start out with 0 in C2 (though I think you might have to start out with the minimum non-zero number, not sure), youd get about $15 in C1, $50 in SB, and maybe a couple hundred in Serie A. A far cry from the $17,000,000 you should get, unfortunately.

---
Addendum: The reason that this doesn't work as you expect is because this isn't the same as the league-wide TV contract. Starting with 0 in the Individual TV Deal box doesn't change the fact that the game will still prevent you from ever collecting money from the proper league-wide TV contracts. The two are separate entities, so there's no reason (from the game's perspective) for them to ever line up properly.

Last edited: