jaq855

Reaction score
I'm currently using a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond formation with PSG in the first year. My wingers and strikers are producing a lot, but Pastore (AMC) isn't contributing. He has only a couple assists and goals and is averaging around 7.00 while my other offensive players are all at about 7.30.

I've used Pastore mostly as a playmaker, but he is only making simple short passes away from the box and never looks to score himself.

I've had this problem before, when using wingers to setup scoring from the outside-in, my AMCs seem to get lost.

What can I do to get him more involved in play?

How can 4-1-2-1-2 diamond have wingers??
Could you post your AMC setting ?

I struggled with this and posted in the ask Raikan thread and he suggested setting the AMC to Run from Deep Rarely, Run with ball and through balls to sometimes, passing a bit more direct, Roam from position and moves into channels.
Was using Ganso in the AMC position and he started playing much better after this so might be worth a shot.
Credit goes to Raikan as it was his idea

I have a few ideas for you---

1/ Pick him as your playmaker if you haven't already

2/ Change his duty to Attack, rather than Support and put the Forwards on Support and then Pastore can play he natural game and join the forwards as they lay it off for him

3/ Change your tactic---> by your set-up with a complete forward and a target man, your team is more likely to play long ball and effectively cut Pastore out of the build up.