dimartino

Reaction score
Bored to death with the tactics on this forum, mainly with all the 523, I (once again) went back to a beautiful, simple, tradicional shaped, masterpiece created for FM2016 by FM14SERBIA.
Guess what? IT USES REAL WINGERS!

To fully enjoy this tactic understand this:
1-BE PATIENT! This is not the best nor the most efficient tactic on the forum, but you will clearly overachieve, and in a realistic way. (It will take you a few seasons before you're able to win the champions league with Porto :)). Give it time.
2-Don't panic with the number of CCC you opponent creates. They will actually miss a lot.
3-The football played is just great and really, really, realistic. (you will not see the ball bombed upfront like all those 3 strikers tactics around;))
4-Don't change anything, mentality, roles, whatever, just plug and play.

Any doubts concerning the type of players and training, please refer to the original thread, but actually what I do, playing FM Touch on the PC, is set the training to general, and set individual training to the following roles (like TFF recommends): GK-GK; DL-CWB; DC-BPD; MC-DLP; W-W; FC-Trequartista.

Concerning the players just two remarks:
1-Right wing-Right foot, Left wing-Left foot
2-Don't be afraid to play unsuitable strikers on the F9 role, even tall slow guys, they will play well and score goals.

OIs: The Original Thread from 2016 does recommend a few, I just ignore it.
smile.gif
So for me NONE.

And the usual general notions:
Keep morale high, playing friendlies against amateur clubs whenever the schedule allows it, or using your reserves to do so.
During a match sub all players underperfoming, if needed by half time, mainly if you are loosing.

To finish just let me reinforce the idea: this is a wonderful and fun tactic to use on the long run, it will work on all teams, but if you are looking for miracles, sorry look elsewhere. And again BE PATIENT! Don't give up on this tactic with a couple of defeats. Go for it! Go for it on the long run, forget about tricking the ME, and have real real fun.

LINK: FMSRB TOTAL DOMINATION 4-2-4 V1_CBB06871-E897-48C7-86AF-EB9550FF5131.fmf

FM2016 Thread (and the original): http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-16-tactics/359794-total-domination-4-2-4-a.html
FM2017 Thread (mine): http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...ust-keep-coming-back-fm2016-master-piece.html

Results:
First season with Sirius in Sweden (predicted bottom of the table): Won League, Cup, and went top of my Europa League Group.
View attachment 64449View attachment 64448View attachment 64447View attachment 64446

The swedish success led me to Rangers in December, still in time to win the league and the cup.
Second season won the league cup and was in a tough fight with Celtic for the league, before accepting the toughest challenge until this moment....
View attachment 64445View attachment 64447View attachment 64443View attachment 64444View attachment 64442

....taking over a dying Marseille in December, and just 2 days before a away game against PSG!!!XD
Immediately started a revolution in a crazy squad, full of unhappy players, so had to sweep the trash out, and prepared for some January buys. Obviously I suffered the consequences: 0-5 lost at Paris. But slowly I'm setling the team, I bought some good players and they are now responding: after a odd defeat against Auxerre, two very convincing wins against a very strong Monaco and a always tough Bordeaux. I'm aiming for a Europa League place. :)
View attachment 64437View attachment 64436View attachment 64435

Last edited:
Remember this one, happy days using it with small teams, fun building teams around this tactic!
I think i`ll give it a shout again :)

Hello Dimartino also works for 18 this tactic? You've tried?

Hello Dimartino also works for 18 this tactic? You've tried?

Yes. Try it, don't give up with the first bad result. Give it a go for 20 matches, and then give us some feedback.

Ok I try and let you know .. Is it a good game? What results did you get on fm 18?

Juts for the thread info (5 * * * * *)
The tactic? I will give it a try ;)
GOOD JOB dimartino

where is the download link?

nevermind..... I was being blind.
i've found it now lol

Last edited:
a bit challanging to survive 20 games without getting sacked

Well, I imagine that like in real life, it's tough to survive with Swansea in the Premier League. Still I think you had a run of bad luck there. Don't give up on this yet. Try to drive your way out of the hole, change things, do something different.
I made my own "7 league games" test with Swansea's original squad, with no management whatsoever. Just auto picked the team, and god knows the AI picks very badly sometimes, and used instant result. Spectacular? No. Just pretty real for Swansea. And if well managed, with some good buys, pretty sure I would be able to aim for Europe.
PS: Just call me Carvalhal. He has a dream. (Carvalhal Reveals 'Carlos Had a Dream' Stitched on Jacket as Swansea Reach FA Cup Quarters | 90min) :D
View attachment 64329View attachment 64328

Is there many PI's set on the player roles? Loved the original and may give it a bash on FMT on android!

What I ask to everyone testing this tactic is: don't settle with just a couple of matches. Do a long test, at least 20 matches. Enjoy the gameplay, the goals, the wins, with the inner satisfaction of winning with a "normal" tactic, with "normal" results.

I love the football this plays! Its really attractive to watch and very realistic.
Nice to have wingers crossing for my strikers to tuck it away!

Well, I imagine that like in real life, it's tough to survive with Swansea in the Premier League. Still I think you had a run of bad luck there. Don't give up on this yet. Try to drive your way out of the hole, change things, do something different.
I made my own "7 league games" test with Swansea's original squad, with no management whatsoever. Just auto picked the team, and god knows the AI picks very badly sometimes, and used instant result. Spectacular? No. Just pretty real for Swansea. And if well managed, with some good buys, pretty sure I would be able to aim for Europe.
PS: Just call me Carvalhal. He has a dream. (Carvalhal Reveals 'Carlos Had a Dream' Stitched on Jacket as Swansea Reach FA Cup Quarters | 90min) :D
View attachment 1149664View attachment 1149665
don't worry i always test tactics for at least 15 games, so i will stick to it

Finally a 4-4-2 that works, love the playing style :) i`m playing with Valencia and i'm at the top of the league in Januari!
But now the real test begin i guess ;)