Football manager 19 atributes , help

manny..

Oct 10, 2019
I'm new to football manager . I've played 2 seasons with Leyton orient and I'm really struggling to get my players better . None of my attributes seem to be getting any better ,if anything the are going down and my players value going down too. I have the best coaches in the league even the player that says he does well in training every week isn't getting better, its been the same for 2 seasons . My players age from 18 to 25 , even the 22 year with potential 5 star and was golden boot last season as dropped down in value and stats ..

How do I get the attributes better and grow my players , any help would be great thanks many..

Vanjagl

Premium
Jul 14, 2010
Your facilities might not be up to standard. Try asking your board for better training facilities.

Either that, or your players lack ambition/desire to progress. It shows if player has low determination, work rate and few other hidden attributes. I always have problem with Pogba and training him to his maximum potential because of that.

OP
M

manny..

Oct 10, 2019
Your facilities might not be up to standard. Try asking your board for better training facilities.

Either that, or your players lack ambition/desire to progress. It shows if player has low determination, work rate and few other hidden attributes. I always have problem with Pogba and training him to his maximum potential because of that.
Thanks for replay , it says training facilities are adequate , if ask to upgrade no joy. A lot of my playing are 10 plus on determination. when I check on attribute change over last month or 6 month plus just stays the same or has gone down.
my plan was to get 18 to 20 year olds in,grow them and sell them off for a profit ,then buy the team I want , but cant seem to get the to get better , driving me a little mad:(

Vanjagl

Premium
Jul 14, 2010
Adequate is on the bad side. Here's an article that might help a bit:

Also sometimes coaches are wrong about players potential. I had a player who they rated 4.5 star potential, but after couple of seasons of stagnating with progress, I sold him and then scouted when he ended up on transfer list after some time. Scout report said he's playing close to his potential. Check your coaches judging player ability and potential (should be north of 15, I usually have one "scout coach", coach with judging player ability at 19 or 20, and I use his reports).

OP
M

manny..

Oct 10, 2019
Adequate is on the bad side. Here's an article that might help a bit:

Also sometimes coaches are wrong about players potential. I had a player who they rated 4.5 star potential, but after couple of seasons of stagnating with progress, I sold him and then scouted when he ended up on transfer list after some time. Scout report said he's playing close to his potential. Check your coaches judging player ability and potential (should be north of 15, I usually have one "scout coach", coach with judging player ability at 19 or 20, and I use his reports).
my scouts are only 9 10 , not enough budget , . I will try and get new ones. IT looks like my training facilities are bad, that's why its takes so long to get better . thanks for your help

Last edited:

wkdsoul

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
www.fmshots.com
Stars are only reflective of the player compared to the squad/team you have. They aren't very good when assessing development potential. If you have Messi at RW, any regen will be 1/2 stars compared to him when in fact he' could develop into a world beater (just not Messi, more Sterling levels)