Football Manager 2014 - 14.3 patch

this game is totally wrecked, si must remember this is actually just a game so it should be made enjoyable its no good making it impossible?? i strongly recommend difficulty llevels that you can chose yourself in the next chapter of this as im from barnsley and what hope do you have with them?? then you look on the tactics page and some genious make a wonder win all tactic tested with barca madrid city united :( sorry guys spolit your own game

I don't think it's close to perfect or the best ME/patch for FM but i still think this patch is an improvement in some areas.

Last edited:
if you ask me its just got more realistic i have found that you need the best players you can get and you be fine

Guru or not, if you get humped 4-0 by Hull, it's probably not because of bugs. Calling the game broken by getting hammered in one game is, well, bizarre.

once again you blindly defend the game, every year you do the same bud.. just accept that SI are going backwards.. trust me I know what I am doing, something is wrong with the patch, previous patch it was actually pretty good I must say, I had no issues with it except for a few corner goals here and there... Never complained once about the patch...

Now it installed the new patch and its gone to ****, how can you not see EVERYONE complaining about it and yet you still blatantly defend it and say its not the game its you? I am pretty sure most of the people have an idea what they are doing pal..

once again you blindly defend the game, every year you do the same bud.. just accept that SI are going backwards.. trust me I know what I am doing, something is wrong with the patch, previous patch it was actually pretty good I must say, I had no issues with it except for a few corner goals here and there... Never complained once about the patch...

Now it installed the new patch and its gone to ****, how can you not see EVERYONE complaining about it and yet you still blatantly defend it and say its not the game its you? I am pretty sure most of the people have an idea what they are doing pal..
Where have I defended the game? Next time actually bother to read what I say, since I frequently pick things apart (such as the tactical interface, and the inability to defend up until 14.1.2 That's the stupidest thing you've said.

I actually didn't mention anything about the game state. what I did say is that calling the game broken because you lost 4-0 to hull is ridiculous, which it is. If you know what you are doing, then why does it not happen to everyone? Why are people who are supposedly much worse (as well as those who are better than you) than you not getting humped/doing consistently well. And newsflash, its not everyone, did you ever factor that? **** losing is not even way of showing a game is broken.

If it was Everyone it would be over 60,000 a day complaining. There aren't even 60,000 active members on this forum. You should probably open your eyes to more than just the frustration thread. Although its interesting that you say the last patch was fine, because you were doing well. You've basically said "last patch was fine because I was winning, now new patch, I'm losing =/= broken game"

If I'm mis-selling you, then enlighten me, becauase that just sounds like you're calling it broken because you cant win. I could list maye 2/3 dozen things that actually do need fixing ( see I actually like to objectively look at things, report them and then get feedback from SI as to whether they actually need fixing), but none of that would lead to you losing 4-0 and calling the game broken. Maybe you should go back to retirement if you call a game broken after one match. :p

Last edited:
I don't think it's close to perfect or the best ME/patch for FM but i still think this patch is an improvement in some areas.
Attacking is very very good, defending is decent, but plenty of room for improvement, need more proactive movement in terms of defensive shape, and the logic in a 3 man defense with a half back in front needs looking at because the centre backs split apart way too much, dangerously so. Goalkeepers (as usual) need more work. Long shot trajectory could be better. Outside of that, Tactics needs a visual indicator, Could do more work on transfer logic. The tactics creator needs more options opening up and set pieces need a lot more variation. Assistant manager advice needs to be less, well, stupid really.

The single biggest problem in FM is actually a module that doesn't exist and should, because its (non existence)is a source of immense frustration for a lot of people, and if it did exist quite a few people wouldn't get so wound up.

Look people don't have time to spend 6 hours a day to spend on the game (the people who succeed are the ones who tinker the game constantly) plug and play should still exist and it doesn't ... this game is not flawed it just requires too much 'experience' and if you are a newbie you have NO CHANCE! if SI would allow exploits or 'difficulty' setting no one would moan cause at the end of the day - if you want to spend your life on it you put a hard difficulty, if you want to play a few hours and have fun and win then you put it easy...

Look people don't have time to spend 6 hours a day to spend on the game (the people who succeed are the ones who tinker the game constantly) plug and play should still exist and it doesn't ... this game is not flawed it just requires too much 'experience' and if you are a newbie you have NO CHANCE! if SI would allow exploits or 'difficulty' setting no one would moan cause at the end of the day - if you want to spend your life on it you put a hard difficulty, if you want to play a few hours and have fun and win then you put it easy...
Then play FM12. it's really that simple.

I don't spend 6 hours a day on FM, i'm lucky if I get 2 hours these days.

Thats essentially what previous experience is, and tbh I don't get how people expect a difficulty to be implemented on the match engine what do you want it to do calculate the player is 2 down and then just press the I win button and be 3-2 up?

There is also FMC which people seem to forget

Haha, then whats the issue? You should play FMC as well. Not my thing, but I can 100% see why so many people play it. But you gotta accept they wont' make it like FM12 again, for a myriad of reasons.

Thats essentially what previous experience is, and tbh I don't get how people expect a difficulty to be implemented on the match engine what do you want it to do calculate the player is 2 down and then just press the I win button and be 3-2 up?

There is also FMC which people seem to forget
FMC has the same match engine just less functions (morale/team talks are not taken into consideration) but that does not change the overall result of the games...

FMC has the same match engine just less functions (morale/team talks are not taken into consideration) but that does not change the overall result of the games...

it also has instant result something that quite a few people like who don't want to deal with the match engine frustrations

you also haven't answered my questions how would you implement difficulty level?

it also has instant result something that quite a few people like who don't want to deal with the match engine frustrations

you also haven't answered my questions how would you implement difficulty level?
I actually implemented a difficulty level myself
see in the tactics folder there are all tactics used by the AI - if you put for example the 3-6-1 that means the AI will have a defensive tactic in the game and will not be able to change it... in that perspective, it is easier to win games!

Same as I always completed in other FMs tbh.
fair enough - I do play the same number of games too but in terms of enjoyment I don't feel the same way about it as it was in FM12 or even 13 to be honest..