BBNFFC87

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I've been using FM base for a few years now, but as you can see, this is my first forum post, and I come to you all with a bit a of problem.

I'm 9 games into my first season with Forest, and although I've just gone top of the league, losing just once and winning the other 8, near enough every time I check of my assisstant's feedback during a game, he tells me that a number of my players are struggling to find the motivation to play for me.

Wondered if anyone else has experienced this and what you can do to change it?

Is it something that changes over time as you stay with the club longer, become more successful and experienced and so "bond" with your squad more, or is it something to do with the way I conduct myself in press conferences and other facets of the job, off the pitch?

I'd be grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction on this. It must be something new added to FM11 as I don't recall seeing it in FM10...

what have you set your reputation at?

The players think they are above your level, that's why they have that problem... win the league and they'll come around eventually...

it's been in the last 2 or 3 FM's at least... possibly before that too?

yeah, agree with above. tried to manage Everton at Automatic level, and the motovation was through the floor. Lost quite a few games as a result, and safe to say, I was given the boot :'(

So I created a local team, started at the bottom and I'm working my way up, to make sure when I manage a bigger club, I have the respect of players. Working at the moment, as I've just started campaign in Npower League 2 and started at English Northern League Premier League (Think that's how I remember the name lol)

I've never seen it before Lazarus... This is the first FM game I've had where it's show up for me, and I'm not doing anything particularly different.

My past experience is set at Automatic, whatever that means. It also says on my profile that I'm uncapped at international level, and my description is "Popular Manager".

Can't see any particular reason why my players would feel they're above playing for me??

I guess you're right though, once I win the league and consign Derby to relegation on the last day, they'll be singing my praises! (H)