An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide

awesome first seaons guys, well done! :) SS are most welcome to :)

Ok, update.

I am only reaching January now as I haven't got a lot of time to play the game.

I am currently still in all cups and top of the league, one point ahead of Spurs having scored 60 goals and conceded just 7. I was unbeaten in my CL group because I got an easy one of Rosenberg, Udinese and CSKA Moscow; and my one loss in the league was a 1-0 loss away to City. My only signings were Hamsik and M'Vila in July and I have a bid in for Paloschi to join when his contract is up in the summer. The board have given me another 11 mil to spend in January but I don't know who to sign if anyone.

I will post a screenshot of my team if you tell me how to take one.

I had a career jus testing out tacics, found i hard geting some consistency, too many injuries etc. Who do you tend to sell?

Iv'e sold
  1. PIG
  2. Diouf
  3. Park
  4. Carrick
  5. Owen

I know this may sound stupid and ill probably no the answer when you tell me but who is PIG??

And FAB:D:D guide Raikan im gonna start a Manu save using this guide so ill keep you posted in how i do and other stuff!!!!!
Just a few questions how do you player Owen or do you just straight rotate him with Chicharito??
And how do you play Giggs or does he just rotate with the Centre Mids???

Last edited:
For some reason it wont load your training schedule? Downloads fine, I make a schedule folder within FM12 and drop the download in it, go on FM12 but it doesn't see it?? Any other suggestions on who to sell? No one will take diouf or Gibson off me!

I know this may sound stupid and ill probably no the answer when you tell me but who is PIG??

And FAB:D:D guide Raikan im gonna start a Manu save using this guide so ill keep you posted in how i do and other stuff!!!!!
Just a few questions how do you player Owen or do you just straight rotate him with Chicharito??

PIG = Pole In Goal - Tomasz Kuszczak - He gets called PIG because of his difficult to spell name

Hi Raikan007 my board as just signed me Luka Modric

View attachment 200292View attachment 200293
and im wondering which best role and duties to play him would he fit in to the Centre Mids role n duties in your formation??? or should i tweak the MRC to a box2box midfielder with the roles n duties suggested in http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2011-tactics-training/57796-[amateur]-tacticians-chalkboard-football-manager-2011-a-63.html#post1256133

And just a quick update my pre-season is going well so-far but ill keep you all updated..

Thankyou for the help in advance peeps!!

hey guys, nice going so far! will reply to all the questions now!

PLEASE NOTE:

THE GUIDE IS 100% COMPLETE AND UPDATED FOR THE FULL VERSION!

Ok, update.

I am only reaching January now as I haven't got a lot of time to play the game.

I am currently still in all cups and top of the league, one point ahead of Spurs having scored 60 goals and conceded just 7. I was unbeaten in my CL group because I got an easy one of Rosenberg, Udinese and CSKA Moscow; and my one loss in the league was a 1-0 loss away to City. My only signings were Hamsik and M'Vila in July and I have a bid in for Paloschi to join when his contract is up in the summer. The board have given me another 11 mil to spend in January but I don't know who to sign if anyone.

I will post a screenshot of my team if you tell me how to take one.

awesome mate :) I am also just in January as well! I am similar to you :) May I suggest reading the OP for the new versions of the tactics :) (what tactic are you currently using btw?

good players for the Cm there! I bough Fellaini for £7m and Eriksen for £10m (his new release clause I found he had in Jan)

put all that cash into your wage budget (read the OP) :)

cheers mate :)
I play Owen quite often in the Champions League and he performs fantastically :) I rotate Chicho and Welbeck alot though in EPL games and Cups!

I play Giggs either in the Aml or Cm positions :) he has about 10 assists, 4 goals in 11 appearances :) just signed a new 1 year deal with me :) he is God!

For some reason it wont load your training schedule? Downloads fine, I make a schedule folder within FM12 and drop the download in it, go on FM12 but it doesn't see it?? Any other suggestions on who to sell? No one will take diouf or Gibson off me!

hey mate, did you get the training to work? did you go in game to import schedules? did you put it in mydocs/sportsinteractive/fm12/schedules?

wait until Jan, Stoke took Gibson off me for £1m and I did a straight swap deal with OM for Azipilicueta :) which was awesome :)

Hi Raikan007 my board as just signed me Luka Modric

View attachment 200292View attachment 200293
and im wondering which best role and duties to play him would he fit in to the Centre Mids role n duties in your formation??? or should i tweak the MRC to a box2box midfielder with the roles n duties suggested in http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2011-tactics-training/57796-[amateur]-tacticians-chalkboard-football-manager-2011-a-63.html#post1256133

And just a quick update my pre-season is going well so-far but ill keep you all updated..

Thankyou for the help in advance peeps!!

Nice deal there mate :) how is he in the tactic? I suggest using the Short and Sweet tacitc from the OP I updated! he would rock in the playmaker role :)

In the Might and Magic tactic I suggest changing it to attack and giving him a little more freedom and attacking while allowing him to run with the ball sometimes :)

[/QUOTE]Nice deal there mate :) how is he in the tactic? I suggest using the Short and Sweet tacitc from the OP I updated! he would rock in the playmaker role :)

In the Might and Magic tactic I suggest changing it to attack and giving him a little more freedom and attacking while allowing him to run with the ball sometimes :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks mate ill give those tactics a go..

Luka is doing ok.. I play him in the carrick role with same duties just use him as playmaker though when he in team

View attachment 200551

Im near end of November and im doing fine

View attachment 200552View attachment 200553View attachment 200554View attachment 200561

my update so far.....

I managed to get to around the middle of January this weekend on my full Fm12 game with United :) it is going fantastically well so far :) I suggest reading the new OP as well!

I have been using my two tactics so far this season, the home tactic is my Short and Sweet possession tactic and the away is my Might and Magic away/counter (which has now be added to the download link and updated the OP with the correct shouts to use for it when playing away from home)

as you can see I have won quite a few in a row :) Stoke and Man City have been the two hardest games so far! I was down 2:0 with Vidic getting a red card in the 1st half! I gave my team the biggest team talk they had ever received, we came out and took the game to City winning 3:2 with Kompany receiving a red card when we were 2:2! It was a fantastic game! really wanted to beat them! Europe has been easy, was on top of the group scoring 24 goals and only conceding 1 :) and it was quite a difficult group as well :)

Fixtures/Results/News:

View attachment 200585View attachment 200586View attachment 200587View attachment 200588View attachment 200589View attachment 200590View attachment 200591View attachment 200592View attachment 200593View attachment 200594View attachment 200595View attachment 200596View attachment 200597View attachment 200598View attachment 200599View attachment 200600View attachment 200601View attachment 200602View attachment 200603View attachment 200604View attachment 200605View attachment 200606View attachment 200607View attachment 200608View attachment 200609View attachment 200610View attachment 200611View attachment 200612

Transfers prior to Jan (I sold Park and Cleverley (£5.75m & £11.5m) and bought Fellaini:

View attachment 200613View attachment 200614

Hi Raikan ive downloaded your 'might n magic' and the 'short n sweet':)

This is how im playing Luka now:) What do you think should i tweak it more??

View attachment 200652View attachment 200653

Just won Chelsea at home 2-1 after extra time(Owen in 90+1 n Cech og in 102min after Fabio shot cameback off post) in carling cup qtr final:)..

I'm gonna start and use the 'short n sweet' tactic when i get a good defensive mid but for now the 'might n magic' tactic isworking:)

haha, nice :)

you dont need a DM Modric/Carrick/Anderson/Cleverley will be perfect for this role mate :) it uses the central Cm as the playmaker (make sure in the set pieces screen you add one of them to playmaker and target man) :)

haha, nice :)

you dont need a DM Modric/Carrick/Anderson/Cleverley will be perfect for this role mate :) it uses the central Cm as the playmaker (make sure in the set pieces screen you add one of them to playmaker and target man) :)

I thought the short n sweet classic tactic use a DM mate
View attachment 200726
or is this the wrong tactic:S

I thought the short n sweet classic tactic use a DM mate
View attachment 200726
or is this the wrong tactic:S
that is the old one that was not complete :) have you downloaded it today?? the new one should be uploaded :) it wont have the st arrow coming down and the dm will be in the cm position :)

that is the old one that was not complete :) have you downloaded it today?? the new one should be uploaded :) it wont have the st arrow coming down and the dm will be in the cm position :)

Ahhh no i have not lol

Last edited:
Hi Raikan again..

Sorry to keep bothering you but im just wondering if you could make any suggestions to me on a Central Mid and a Winger(backup)?? And also who would you sell out of my team to free up some funds 4 some new playersView attachment 200741 View attachment 200742

Also im looking at Neymar and Gotze and maybe Cavani but only when ive funds available..

Hi Raikan again..

Sorry to keep bothering you but im just wondering if you could make any suggestions to me on a Central Mid and a Winger(backup)?? And also who would you sell out of my team to free up some funds 4 some new playersView attachment 200741 View attachment 200742

Also im looking at Neymar and Gotze and maybe Cavani but only when ive funds available..

You don't need Cavani or Neymar, Rooney/Hernandez is one of the best partnerships in the game. Get Hamsik for CM, he'll rock your world.

EDIT: Don't bother with Hamsik if you have Modric. Moutinho is ridiculously cheap in game for his ability, try him.

Last edited:
You don't need Cavani or Neymar, Rooney/Hernandez is one of the best partnerships in the game. Get Hamsik for CM, he'll rock your world.

EDIT: Don't bother with Hamsik if you have Modric. Moutinho is ridiculously cheap in game for his ability, try him.

I'm in January now and my board have just gave me abit of money...
View attachment 200776

Im currently unbeaten in league and top... Only lost 1 game and that was away to Rangers 2-1 in champo league..but it did have Liverpool away next game so i rested players and it paid off with a 3-2 win:D
Im in Semi's of CC an got FC Kobanavn in knockout stage of champo league and got Charlton in 3rd round FA cup so all is good...
Also Rooney and Chicharito playing well and scoring even though Chicharito as been out 3months with a broken ankle and just come back...Also Rooney came 2nd in Ballon d'or(beating MESSI) but won 'World player of year:D

View attachment 200772View attachment 200773View attachment 200777View attachment 200774View attachment 200775
Or yes and i came back from 1-0 down to win City in com shield with 10men:D
View attachment 200796