Chelsea

[GK] Peter Bonetti, Petr Cech, Carlo Cudicini

[DL] Graeme Le Saux, Ashley Cole, Eddie McCreadie
[DR] Dan Petrescu, Steve Clarke
[DC] John Terry(Y), Ron Harris(Y), Frank Lebouef, David Webb, Colin Pates(Y)

[ML] Frank Blunstone, Clive Walker(Y)
[MR] Charlie Cooke, Pat Nevin, Bobby Tambling(Y)
[MC] John Hollins(Y), Claude Makelele, Dennis Wise, Ray Wilkins(Y), Roberto Di Matteo, Frank Lampard, Alan Hudson(Y)

[ST] Gianfranco Zola, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Kerry Dixon, Peter Osgood(Y), Roy Bentley, Tore Andre Flo, Didier Drogba

Manager - Jose Mourinho
Assistant - Andre Villas Boas
Board - Roman Abramovich

(Y) = Academy Graduate

First team squad - 23
Youths - 9
Spaces left - 3

AVB?? How?

Cocconi was a strong and gritty centre back.
Polli was a libero.

Where do I put Zidane? While at Juventus, he won World player of the year twice and the Ballon D'or, while at Real Madrid he won World player of the year once. He seems to have a closer affiliation with Madrid though...? It may be better to put him at Juventus as they might miss out on Platini(Nancy Lorraine), Nedved(Lazio?) & Davids(Ajax?).

Steve Clarke is in as a player, otherwise it would be him. AVB was part of the backroom staff under Mourinho and was quite influencial back then. Who else could replace him?

Ahh.., dunno, what about Di Mateo as player/coach?

Where do I put Zidane? While at Juventus, he won World player of the year twice and the Ballon D'or, while at Real Madrid he won World player of the year once. He seems to have a closer affiliation with Madrid though...? It may be better to put him at Juventus as they might miss out on Platini(Nancy Lorraine), Nedved(Lazio?) & Davids(Ajax?).

I'd say both Nedved and Zidane are Juventus legends.

I'd always associate Zidane, Nedved and Davids at Juve but that might just be me, along with Ravenelli, Del piero, Vialli, Baggio etc.

I'd say both Nedved and Zidane are Juventus legends.

I think you're probably right. This would make Zidane younger but Nedved older (29 years old). He's one of my favourite ever players, it would be a shame to not have him for very long before he retires! Think I'll probably put Davids at Juve too, I think Ajax will have plenty of good players!

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please put Marc Vivien-Foe at Manchester City. Nobody mentioned him.

Also, I'd say Zidane at Juventus but Nedved at Lazio. Davids has to be at Juventus surely.

Out of curiosity, where are you going to put Ronaldo and Seedorf? Both incredibly successful at a number of clubs, would be an asset anywhere.

Also, out of curiosity - where is Zlatan going? (Please say Ajax :wub:)

I think Nedved's place is with Juve. After all he stayed with them in Serie B and was adored by their fans. And is still part of the club.

Ronaldo is tough, but I'd put him at Inter where he won his first Ballon d'Or and was nicknamed Il Fenomeno.

Also Seedorf is tough. But in Milan he's most capped non italian player and he's been there for 9 years compared to 3 in Real or Ajax.

Juventus

[GK] Stefano Tacconi, Angelo Peruzzi, Gianpiero Combi(Y)

[DL] Antonio Cabrini, Gianluca Pessotto, Pietro Rava(Y), Umberto Caligaris
[DR] Antonello Cuccureddu, Gianluca Zambrotta
[DC] Gaetano Scirea, Claudio Gentile, Giancarlo Bercellino(Y), Sergio Brio, Carlo Parola(Y), Sandro Salvadore, Virginio Rosetta

[ML] Carlo Bigatto(Y), Franco Causio, Angelo Di Livio
[MR] Giampiero Boniperti(Y), Romeo Benetti, Mauro Camoranesi
[MC] Marco Tardelli, Antonio Conte, Giuseppe Furino(Y), Edgar Davids, Zinedine Zidane, Alessio Tacchinardi

[ST] Roberto Baggio, Alessandro Del Piero(Y), Roberto Bettega(Y), David Trezeguet, Filippo Inzaghi, Omar Sivori, Felice Borel(Y)

Manager - Carlo Carcano
Assistant -
Board -
Stadium -
Stadio di Corso Marsiglia

(Y) = Academy Graduate

First team squad - 25
Youths - 10
Spaces left - 0

Last edited:
Please, please, please, please, please, please, please put Marc Vivien-Foe at Manchester City. Nobody mentioned him.

Also, I'd say Zidane at Juventus but Nedved at Lazio. Davids has to be at Juventus surely.

Out of curiosity, where are you going to put Ronaldo and Seedorf? Both incredibly successful at a number of clubs, would be an asset anywhere.

Also, out of curiosity - where is Zlatan going? (Please say Ajax :wub:)

Marc Vivien-Foe will probably be at Lyon - they retired a shirt number in his honour that was later worn by Jean II Makoun.
Zlatan will be at either Inter or Ajax.
Seedorf is at Milan.
Ronaldo is a tough one. He spent more time at Inter but struggled with injuries, making a lot more appearances for Real Madrid.

I think Nedved's place is with Juve. After all he stayed with them in Serie B and was adored by their fans. And is still part of the club.

Ronaldo is tough, but I'd put him at Inter where he won his first Ballon d'Or and was nicknamed Il Fenomeno.

Also Seedorf is tough. But in Milan he's most capped non italian player and he's been there for 9 years compared to 3 in Real or Ajax.

Decided to put Nedved in at Lazio. Was a tough decision, only made easier by the legendary Juventus left midfielders that I had to choose from. At least it'll make Nedved a bit younger in the database.

Yea I think that's quite good squad even without Nedved. Are you doing Ajax soon?

Me too. he was class... ^_^

He's still got it. Just finished a season with my local team HJK. Injuries destroyed most of his career. Seems to happen to almost every good finnish player.

http://premiersoccerstats.com/epl.html#
great site for all players who have played in premier league

footballzz.com :: All about football
great site has all players in database including height and weight

UK A - Z Transfers
great site for English and Scottish teams

Good Luck with the project let me know if I can help you with anything.

Thanks Will, some great sites there. I'm trying to develop this thread for everyone's benefit, rather than my own. It is just a personal interest of mine, and I will probably make a database at some point but I was just hoping we could pull a lot of ideas together. If you want to add anything else to the thread, please feel free to.