Football Manager 2019 Betting League

CraigWL

Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: I am in no way promoting, suggesting or participating in genuine gambling on this site, no real money will be used in this game if it happens, all money is purely virtual, and will remain that way.

Hey guys! It's been a long time since i've posted on here, hope you are all doing well! This is an idea that i've been toying with doing on this site for a while but i've decided to give it a proper go. What i loved about this site when i was always on here a while back was the community and some of the stories and games/saves on this section that involved a lot of people coming together for some fun experiences involving FM, such as chairman games, online games, tournaments etc. This is one that i've thought could be pretty fun, the FM19 Betting League!

My idea is to start up a save as an unemployed manager and observe a Premier League season (As it strikes me as the easiest league to do this with due to its widespread popularity) and offer betting odds across the course of the season on various markets, such as:

Winner
To Qualify for Champions League
To Be Relegated
Top Goalscorer
Top Player
Top Young Player (24 and under)

Among many others, i may dabble in other special ones across the course of the season such as managerial appointments/sackings depending on how it all plays out. Odds will also be offered on all games through the season including:

Full Time Result
Over/Under
BTTS
Accumulators

Among others

Rules:

My idea is that each participant will begin the game with £200, and may use this money however they see fit, and the person who has the most money at the end of the Premier League season will be crowned the winner. All odds will be set by myself. Overall odds will be given out at the start of the game and will be updated periodically over the course of the season, match odds will be given the day before the games are due to be played and players will have a real life day to place their bets on the matches during that week before the matches are played. Special odds can be requested on anything that a player wishes, although again all odds will be set by me. All odds/bets/discussions are to be placed inside this thread to allow full transparency to all other players involved, however you are free to PM me about anything anytime you would like

I'm very welcome to suggestions in terms of changes to the rules, permutations, layout etc. as this is very much an experimental idea, but i think if the kinks are worked out then it could be a lot of fun for everyone to take part in in the long term. Again, i hope this is in the correct section and doesn't break any regulations or anything along those lines due to the nature of the game, and i hope a lot of you like the idea that i've came up with and decide to give it a go! There will likely be a lot of problems to be worked out but if this can become a long running thing i hope it can be smoothed out to a great experience.

Just a suggestion, i think it would be better if u use the betting odds in FM for the matches ( i mean for 1, X and 2). The other odds you may decide them