liverpool crisis

hairdoodmax

Reaction score
as you know Liverpool have failed to finish 4th and look to be finishing a disapointing 7th so what could they do to prevent this next year and who would be a suitable replacement for Alonso?

To do better:

Rafa replaced
Yank Owners out
Lucas out
New LB
New CB
New Striker

New striker is really needed, cant really rely on anybody when Torres is out. Aquillani could be good if he gets used, Alonso wasnt always the player he was by the time he left for Madrid.

To prevent this next year we need the following...

• Avoid injuries to our key players - with a little protection from referees and our new head of sports science this is easily achievable.
  • An experienced Left-Back who can fill in for Insua. Assuming Aurellio will be injured/sold of course.
  • Some better luck with refereeing decisions.

If there's actually going to be some money made available then a decent quality striker to warm the bench (although Jovanic may well be good enough for this) and a new left sided midfielder.

Last edited:
There are tons of threads about this, although I totally agree with Lee. Although I would add

• 1 or 2 big signings, hopefully the cash will be there
  • Managing to keep Gerrard and Torres, not only at the club but fully fit all season
  • Rafa not leaving, unless he is replaced by Martin O'Neil who brings in Milner and Ashley Young :wub:
  • Oh and a bit of luck for once!

If the owners don't sell and Benitez leaves I think Hodgson would be a good choice -- experience at every level, respect, knowledge of transfer markets, great tactician, and he can work wonders on a shoe-string budget.