waywardzzt

Reaction score
I'm in season 2 in BSP. I am over 1k below my board's wage requirement. Yet when I look for staff to sign I cannot get anyone to agree to within 25 pounds of the asking price. The board puts a limit of 375 and I cannot get anyone to get below 400.

I'd really rather not make this the 2nd season in a row where I go without a dedicated defensive coach.

Normally if you have a really good scout round at all the staff you can normally pick up a no body cheap enough and be suprised at how well they do, Marcus Bignot is a guy i normally pick up on the cheap and is ok.

Cause you are in the BSP is the reason why you can't get a good coach. Work on getting your facilities up to higher standards and your club rep up to finally get better coaches.

Cause you are in the BSP is the reason why you can't get a good coach. Work on getting your facilities up to higher standards and your club rep up to finally get better coaches.

My problem wasn't so much signing "good" coaches, as that's unrealistic with LLM just starting out. The problem was signing any coaches at all.

I since realized that I was starting too high in my negotiations.

My problem wasn't so much signing "good" coaches, as that's unrealistic with LLM just starting out. The problem was signing any coaches at all.

I since realized that I was starting too high in my negotiations.

I think your expectations of getting a defensive coach is a little unrealistic then. What is your head coach background. I usually do Sunday League Player so it takes about 5-7 years to start bringing in good coaches and about 3 years to actually bring in coaches at all.

Also about negotiations always go very low. If they are interested they will come back with a counter offer that will mostly be under your cap to sign. If you usually go right below like 400. Say like 350 or 375 they might come back with an offer at 500 or so.

For me it seems when I do LL teams that I don't usually worry about coaches until my third year. Only one I care about first year is my assistant coach. First 3 years trying to build up money and improve my stuff and then around the third year I get some amazing coaches and players and then dominate the league from there on.

Yeah I see what you're saying. My biggest problem was that I have having a lot of trouble even negotiating contracts to retain my own staff.

FYI: I started as automatic. So that means no rep for me. I'm up to Continental in season 5 though, so it's just a matter of building it up.