Forgive A Sinner - Saints On The Up

farman95

Reaction score
Joey Barton Jailed!
C_71_article_1050391_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Former Newcastle United and QPR midfielder Joey Barton was today jailed for 2 years after admitting charges of serious assault and affray.

Barton, 29, was arrested in the early hours of December 15th in Trafalgar Square after becoming involved in a confrontation outside a busy nightclub.

The QPR star admitted the charges last month but wasn't sentenced until this morning at the Old Bailey. Judge David Henry QC told him it was a "soleless, cowardly act."

Last edited:
Barton Announces Retirement
Soon after the end of the court saga, Joey Barton announced he has retired from playing professional football.

This came after QPR boss announced the former QPR Captains remaining 2 years of his contract had been wiped.
The former Man City player enjoyed an eventful career as a no nonsense midfielder. The former Toffee youngster racked up a total of 232 appearances in the Premier League and is widely known as his career has been marked by controversy.

One things for sure, this wont be last football has heard of Joseph Anthony Barton

Barton Allowed To Sit Coaching Badges
In another twist of events in the Barton Saga, Barton has been granted a request to study and train for his level 1 and 2 coaching badges.

Michael Davis, Warden of Wandsworth HM prison has granted Bartons request after serving a year of his prison sentence. "Barton has never been a problem. The lad has just kept his head down, I understand its very unlikely Barton will get a coaching job once he has served his sentence."

Barton Released From Prison
barton-release-from-jail-415x275.jpg

Former Newcastle and QPR midfielder has been granted parole after serving just a year of his 2 year sentence of serious assault and affray.

The 33 year old retired midfielder was caught on cctv punching a man outside a busy nightclub last December.

In an exclusive interview with the controversial figure we got a close insight in the new Joey Barton.

When asked what the future holds for Barton he answered. "I plan to get into coaching. I am absolutely fully rehabilated. I have had anger management classes and now consider myself a new man. I had alot of anger in me, but can now control that and channel it into positives. I would like to take this chance to apologise to all the fans of QPR Football Club first and foremost. We just have to wait and see what the future holds for me."

One things for sure, this wont be the last twist in the turning tale of a troubled man.

Southampton part company with Adkins
Adkins, 46, took the decision to resign after 'a dispute' about the transfer budget.

First Team Coach Dean Wilkins has been put in temorary charge of training duties as Chairman Nicola Cortese starts the process of employing a new manager.

bet365_big.jpg

Next Saints Manager?
Mark Hughes - 5/1
Billy Davies - 10/1
Gianfranco Zola - 13/1
Ian Dowie - 18/1
Avram Grant 25/1

Saints have reportedly approached Gianfranco Zola who rejected the offer. "I was approached by a member of the Southampton board about the job, however I am enjoying time with my family and not ready for a return to Management just yet." Favourite for the job is surpisingly Mark Hughes who was last in charge of Fulham.
Southampton_FC.png

13938.png

Dismay as Barton announced as new Saints Boss

bartonMENSYN_228x615.jpg

Protests began outside St Mary's as ex convict Joey Barton has been announced only 4 months after his release from prison.

A spokesman for the fans of Southampton FC told the Daily Echo, " This is a disgrace. To replace a manager of Nigel Adkins stature with this thug is unforgivable"

In a statement on the Southampton website Barton told the fans. "I would like to thank Nicola Cortese and the Southampton board for this wonderful opportunity. I understand some of the fans might not be happy with the appointment but what I would like to ask is for their continued wonderful support of this brilliant football club. If not support me continue to support the club. I promise to give my all in getting this team back to where they belong in the Premiership."

Last edited: