Hernanes

Reaction score
I'm trying to play with Goias in the second brazilian division. They have some good players like Rafael Toloi, but I have a problem to find a good formation.

View attachment 196365

I don't know if that would be a good formation. I have a lack of wingers, so I need to play a narrow formation. Do you have any other ideas?
thx

I'm trying to play with Goias in the second brazilian division. They have some good players like Rafael Toloi, but I have a problem to find a good formation.

View attachment 196365

I don't know if that would be a good formation. I have a lack of wingers, so I need to play a narrow formation. Do you have any other ideas?
thx

4-4-2 Diamond - there's a guide to it in the tactics section, I think it's in Nick's amateur chalkboard.

On a slightly unrelated note, Tardelly turns out rather good so you could probably benefit from a two striker formation, nothing beats first-team football when developing a youngster.

4-4-2 Diamond - there's a guide to it in the tactics section, I think it's in Nick's amateur chalkboard.

On a slightly unrelated note, Tardelly turns out rather good so you could probably benefit from a two striker formation, nothing beats first-team football when developing a youngster.
It does. Ambition ;) Everything else is pretty much spot on :)

I'm currently playing in the Goias State championship, so I have a few matches to prepare for the second division. I just tried a 4-2-2-2 with two DMs and 2 CMs. It worked prett good, but the other teams were weak. I have to develop youngsters, because I don't get much money. Unfortunately Lazio bought Rafael Toloi for 3.2 mio and I couldn't stop it because of the board. I will now try a 4-1-2-1-2 formation

I'm currently playing in the Goias State championship, so I have a few matches to prepare for the second division. I just tried a 4-2-2-2 with two DMs and 2 CMs. It worked prett good, but the other teams were weak. I have to develop youngsters, because I don't get much money. Unfortunately Lazio bought Rafael Toloi for 3.2 mio and I couldn't stop it because of the board. I will now try a 4-1-2-1-2 formation

You need players? Should've asked before!

Dida (GK)
Geder (CB)
Jonatas (CM - Playmaker)
Edu (DM)
Caio (AMC)
Danilo Ferreira (CB)
Gino Clara (Striker, more useful when retrained as a winger, though)
Juan Camilo Angulo (D/WBR)
Wason Renteria (ST)
Luan (D/WBL)
Jose Luis Diaz (AMC/ST - Old, but good)

All of those would suit a 4-4-2 Diamond formation, plus they're all free transfers. You may need to start over to get some of them, though.

I'm using LFC Marshall's summer transfer update, so most of these players aren't for free anymore and dida has retired. However I got Miguel Medina.

hey bud :) in Brazil you need to play with a tactic like this :)

View attachment 196558

set short passing, the central Cm will be your more defensive one and the two cm's to the sides your supporting ones :)

play narrow, quick/normal, through the middle, pressing but zonal marking, little freedom (only give it to your most creative player and make the person your playmaker) drill crosses and soft tackling :)