Freddy Adu

Anlaby7Hull

Reaction score
I know he is pretty good on the game but does anyone know how good this guy is in real life because he is being heavily linked with a move to Hull,,I remember being tipped for greatness a few years ago but haven't heard much of him since

He was linked with the likes of United and Madrid etc but then went to a big Portuguese team (Benfica I think?) and since then he has moved to Veleneses (sp?) and can't really get first team football there. Not a bad player though at the moment I'm led to believe.

Back at DC he was thought as the next big thing, when it comes to the big games he never performs, cant get in USA World Cup squad then he aint that good. I think all the publicity made him feel invincible. A good signing for Hull but not Champo League standard.

beleneses dropped him after a handful of starts. benfica had loaned him to beleneses with the expectation that he would be the first name on the team sheet for them. the hype surrounding him since he was 13 cant have helped him mentally. he was the highest payed played in the MLS aged 16. apparantly he looked at home among man utds youth players, but not outstanding.

i think having his international team mate jozy altidore there already will help him, and he could be the man to step into the breach if jimmy bullard is out long term.

having said all this he could fail miserably, which would be a shame considering the promise he showed as a youngster

player #3867 to reject Hull this season - a **** over-hyped American. no wonder Phil's looking so pale these days :D

Didn't his mom won the lottery when he was like 10?

beleneses dropped him after a handful of starts. benfica had loaned him to beleneses with the expectation that he would be the first name on the team sheet for them. the hype surrounding him since he was 13 cant have helped him mentally. he was the highest payed played in the MLS aged 16. apparantly he looked at home among man utds youth players, but not outstanding.

i think having his international team mate jozy altidore there already will help him, and he could be the man to step into the breach if jimmy bullard is out long term.

having said all this he could fail miserably, which would be a shame considering the promise he showed as a youngster

He seems pretty tough mentally, follow him on twitter and he seems very determined, also looks like he doesnt mind going to a new country etc from his tweets as well it looks like he puts a lot of thoughts into his moves, even if none of them have come off :p

Didn't his mom won the lottery when he was like 10?

a green card lottery silly :p

Hmmm the rumours around Adu was that he looked so good because he lied about his age, he was playing with people 2-3 years younger than him hence why he tipped to be so good, he's failed to settle in most places in Europe but apprently he is still a good player, I don't care how good he is, I just want to know how old he is ;)

Hmmm the rumours around Adu was that he looked so good because he lied about his age, he was playing with people 2-3 years younger than him hence why he tipped to be so good, he's failed to settle in most places in Europe but apprently he is still a good player, I don't care how good he is, I just want to know how old he is ;)

they have those mri scanners for international youth tournaments now. when fifa introduced them for a recent world youth cup, over 20 potential squad members from nigeria (i think nigeria, but deffo african) were sen thome fro being overage, one by 4 years!!

i cant see pro clubs not using them to find a players age. if this was true about adu it would have come out by now. its a simialr story with the rumours that followed obafemi martins for a little while

what's the official news on Martins? is he still 21? XD