From A Sticky Situation To The Top With the Toffee's...

Jake89

FM or Revision? Hmm.....
Reaction score
Started this game to trial Dan's tactics from his West Ham game but have really enjoyed it so thought I would post my story so far....

everton-logo-nc.jpg

After Ferguson announced that he was going to be resigning from football at the end of the season, David Moyes made the decision to leave Everton in hope of signing at the Manchester club. However, he was made to look a fool when Fergie later decided that it was not time to call it a day just yet and he signed a new 2 year contract. Moyes was believed to have begged for his old job back but the Everton board said he had let down the club and its fans and could not be trusted again.

moyes-disappointed-despite-win-$7040943$300.jpg

Moyes sad to leave Everton on such bad terms after a great spell.

Everton announce appointment of new Manager.
Everton have today revealed the new manager to take over after the departure of Moyes, young Paraguyan manager Ham Sanchez IV. Sanchez IV is a charismatic young manager who has been doing his managerial apprenticeship in the lower leagues of South American football, but Everton have given him this chance after impressive records in these divisons.

50320.jpg

Ham Sanchez IV arrives at Everton training ground for first day in charge.

The Tactics

As stated above, the tactics being used are Dan's West Ham tactics but with a few minor tweaks.

View attachment 62500View attachment 62501

The first tactic is Dan's tactic but with the mentality switched from Control to attacking, as I found we didn't create enough chances set to control. Used in games where I am favourate to win.

The second tactic is the one I use for big games and tricky away ties. Games where I am not the favourate in general. The only difference to Dan's tactics is the 2 CM are swtiched from supporting playmaker and attacking playmaker to 2 box-to-box midfielders. This gives the defense more support as well as getting them in the box at every opportunity going forward.

Transfers

There were little transfers made during the Summer for several reasons:

1) The squad was already large enough and well balanced
2) The quality of players were very good
3) Didn't have much funds, only a budget of £4m for continental qualification

IN

n_getafe_cf_soldado-2484.jpg

Soldado joins in £10.5m deal

This was the whole budget gone. Didn't think we needed improving in any other areas so didnt hesitate to spend this amount on one player. Will be starting up front alongside Yakubu.

OUT

Tony_Hibbert_609428.jpg

Tony Hibbert leaves for Sevilla in £3.5m deal.

Many youngsters have left on loan to gain some first team experience this season. These are:

Anichebe to Crystal Palace
Gosling to Preston
Coleman to Wigan
Jose Baxter to Cardiff

Pre-Season

Pre-season was a time for tweaking the tactics to get the best out of my players. Stuck with Dan's originial tactic for the opening few games but we weren't creating as many as we should have so changed the mentality to attacking.

Everton 7 - 1 Everton Reserves
Everton 3 - 0 Plymouth
Everton 5 - 2 Preston
Everton 1 - 1 Standard
Everton 3 - 0 Orlando Pirates
Everton 4 - 0 Barnet
Everton 1 - 0 Bury
Everton 3 - 0 Leicester
Everton 1 - 0 Atalanta

Good pre-season in which we only failed to win in 1 game, against Standard Liege who are a decent outfit. Not much can be read into these games though and the important fixtures were soon to get under way.

PREMIER LEAGUE

Everton 1 - 0 Bolton (Soldado)

Goal from Soldado on his debut which brought about a nice start to the season. Solid at the back and probably should have won more comfortably.

EUROPA LEAGUE QUALIFYING

OB 0 - 2 Everton (Pienaar, Soldado)

Comfortable away win which should see us easily make ther group stage. Another goal for Soldado, 2 in 2 for the new signing.

Everton 2 - 1 OB (Arteta x2)

Again we were comfortable here. Dominated the game and should have won by a bigger margin in the end.

PREMIER LEAGUE

Everton 0 - 0 Liverpool

Decent home draw and probably should have won. Changed to the more defensive tactic at half time as we were being outplayed and it worked, so stuck with the idea for future.

Hull 1 - 1 Everton (Bilyaletdinov)

Hull put up a good fight but we were tired after the Liverpool game. Had 8 first team players out; Yakubu, Soldado, Arteta, Cahill, Donova, Distin, Fellaini and Pienaar. Went into the game with 3 subs.

Man United 1 - 2 Everton (Cahill, Pienaar)

everton-v-man-utd-001.jpg

2 players come back from injury for this game and what a result. Went 1-0 down to a Rooney penalty but fought back brilliantly with Pienaar coming on up front for the last 5 minutes due to no other options being available, and he only went and snatched a goal and the win! The box to box midfielders looks like being a great tactic for the big games.

Everton 2 - 0 Portsmouth (Arteta, Baines)

Still looking good, unbeaten in all competitions. The main basis for this good run is a solid defense, we are hardly conceding any goals and that always gives us a fantastic chance to nick 3 points. Arteta back with a bang, 30 yard freekick.

EUROPA LEAGUE

Everton 2 - 0 Zenit (Yakubu x2)

Back from injury to get his first 2 goals of the season. Good all round performance from the lads.

PREMIER LEAGUE

Burnley 1 - 1 Everton (Soldado)

On paper looks bad but i'm pretty happy with this to be honest. Went into this game after a Thursday night game against Zenit and the players were very tired, most starting the game on 85% fitness. Plugged away and earnt a point.

LEAGUE CUP

Everton 1 - 0 Sheffield Wednesday (Senderos)

Rested as many players as possible but with still loads of injuries not many players had the day off. Good solid win to get through to the next round.

PREMIER LEAGUE

Everton 3 - 0 Aston Villa (Yakubu x2, Arteta)

efc__1188660065_gallyakcelebrate.jpg

Good win against a contender for the European spots with us. Unbeaten in 7 in the league and sitting in 3rd place now, brilliant start to the season.

EUROPA LEAGUE

AEK 0 - 3 Everton (Soldado, Arteta, Cahill)

These 3 goalscorers have been the best players so far this season for us. Another good win and we look set to qualify in style from this group.

PREMIER LEAGUE

Fulham 0 - 2 Everton (Soldado x2)

Good win in what could have been a stumbling block, Fulham are a tough side to beat but we breezed past them with a confident performance. WE FEAR NOBODY!

Everton 1 - 1 Arsenal (Cahill)

Eduardo---Arsenal-v-Burnl-001.jpg

Only a late Eduardo goal could stop Everton going to the top of the table in this game. Everton looked the better side from start to finish but substutute Eduardo grabbed a point at the death.

Wigan 0 - 1 Everton (Fellaini)

First goal of the season from the brilliant Fellaini. Been a rock in DMC as the "Anchorman" but got himself a goal today too. Unbeaten in 10 with 6 wins.

EUROPA LEAGUE

Zurich 0 - 4 Everton (Cahill, Soldado, Yakubu x2)

The Yak really seems to perform better in Europe as he bagged another 2 goals today. Good solid win away from home.

LEAGUE CUP 4th ROUND

Newcastle 0 - 1 Everton (Yakubu)

Comfortable performance, Newcastle never really troubled us here.

PREMIER LEAGUE

Everton 3 - 0 Man City (Soldado, Arteta, Yakubu)

1269103770_spt_ai_everton_bolton_12.jpg

2 of the goalscorers celebrate alongside Pienaar after going 2-0 up.

Arguably the best win so far for this fantastic Everton team. Brushed aside fellow European contenders City with no problems at all. Looking a real force and are currently 2nd in the league table, can they keep this form up?

Wolves 1 - 3 Everton (Soldado, Jagielka, Arteta)

More goals from Soldado and Arteta and this win sees Everton momentarily take the top spot.

West Ham 2 - 2 Everton (Distin, Vaughan)

James-Vaughan-001.jpg

James Vaughan gets first goal of season to sneak Everton a point late on.

Everton were knocked off the top spot after just 1 week following this draw away to West Ham. They performed well and a draw was probably a fair result all round.

Summary

Here's some screenshots of how we have done so far and our key performers.
View attachment 62536
View attachment 62537
View attachment 62538View attachment 62539
View attachment 62540View attachment 62541

Yobo has been a rock at the back whilst Arteta, Cahill and Soldado have been brilliant going forward.

Big thanks to Dan for the tactic, its really superb mate!

Thanks for reading, I hope you will comment and follow my story.

I will certainly follow it pal as you have given me a great insight into the tactics. They look like they are doing really well for you and long may it continue. I would also suggest using Pompey_Dans training to go alongside them.

For anyone wandering the tactics will be released for download tomorrow night.

FELLAINI OUT FOR 3-4 WEEKS

marouane-fellaini-injured-at-anfield-300-503322367.jpg

Bad news struck for Everton today as midfield lynchpin Marouane Fellaini has been ruled out for up to 4 weeks with a damaged foot sustained in training.

It is thought youngster Jack Rodwell will make the step up to the first team in the absence of Fellaini.

UNBEATABLE EVERTON ENTER RECORD BOOKS

View attachment 62542

Everton are already making massive improvements under new manager Ham Sanchez IV by setting the club's all time record for most games unbeaten. The Toffee's are now an incredible 21 games unbeaten in all competitions including games against Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester United, Manchester City and Aston Villa.

PREMIER LEAGUE

Everton 3 - 0 Stoke (Arteta x2, Yakubu)

Higginbotham getting sent off inside 15 minutes ended any slim hopes Stoke had of causing an upset here. Everton went on to dominate the game with 65% possesion and 24 shots.

Mikel-Arteta-001.jpg

EVERTON TO PLAY HULL IN FA CUP 3RD ROUND AT THE CIRCLE

RODWELL NAMED AS RUNNER UP IN YOUNG PLAYER OF THE MONTH COMPETITION

EFCs_Jack_Rodwell.jpg

Rodwell has stepped up in the absence of Fellaini and been performing very well. He has picked up 2 assists in the last 5 games as well as being solid defensively. He is going to be a huge part of Everton's future.

SANCHEZ GIVEN THIRD PLACE IN MANAGER OF THE MONTH COMPETITION

banega_ole.jpg

Despite leading his team to 2 wins and a draw in the 3 Premier League in November and his impressive performance all season, Sanchez was only given 3rd place in the Manager of the Month competition.

BAINES RULED OUT FOR 3 WEEKS

Leighton-Baines-001.jpg

The Everton injury curse continues as first choice Left-Back Leighton Baines has now been rules out for 3 weeks with a twisted knee. Leighton has been in great form this season with 1 goal, 2 assists and an average rating of 7.15 from 21 games.

SAHA RULED OUT FOR 10 DAYS

article-0-02A5DC3E000005DC-574_468x286.jpg

Seriously, how much bad luck can 1 team get with injuries? Just after Baines gets injured for 3 weeks Saha is ruled out for up to 10 days with a sprained ankle. Despite not playing much of a first team role he has been playing well when called upon getting himself 3 assists in 9 sub appearances.

EUROPA LEAGUE

Zenit 0 - 1 Everton (Arteta)

The man just cannot stop scoring! Now unbeaten in a fantastic 23 games in all competitions, conceding just 8 goals, Everton are really flying under the new manager. There are many interested clubs hovering around the Everton squad with keen eyes on players such as Cahill, Arteta, Yobo and Jagielka. Sanchez will need to keep this squad together to maintain this form until the end of the season as they have a fantastic chance of qualifying for Europe and maybe even the Champions League.

Last edited:
Great work,Soldado looks to be a great signing! Get Marco Verratti in January,he will be your next Arteta :) :)

Will definitely take a look, thanks a lot for the recommendation and comment :)

DECEMBER

PREMIER LEAGUE

Sunderland 1 - 1 Everton (Arteta)

article-1229564-071AE8BF000005DC-460_314x283.jpg

Everton were today left ruing their missed chances after Sunderland equalised in the 88th minute. Everton took the lead just before the break through a classy Arteta finish but couldn't wrap the game up.

TRIO RULED OUT FOR 2 WEEKS

cahill.jpg
u1_yakubu_280x390_475560a.jpg
arteta_mikel_efc_profile_2006.jpg

Devastation for Everton fans as yet again they get hit by injuries. 3 of the star players this season have all been ruled out for the next 2 weeks and will miss games against Birmingham, Blackburn, AEK and maybe the big one, Chelsea.
They join already injured Baines, Fellaini and Saha in the treatment room.

Birmingham 0 - 1 Everton (Soldado)

Going into the match with just 4 subs again due to a massive injury crisis, we performed well and come out with a deserved 3 points. Heitinga was taken off after 15 minutes but he didn't pick up a serious injury much to the relief of his manager.

Everton 1 - 0 Blackburn (Soldado)

Another good 1-0 win with Soldado getting the goal, 2 games in a row now.

soldado-061809.jpg

Everton are fined £30,000 by the FA for failing to keep their fans under control after Soldado went to celebrate with them momentarily after giving Everton a 1-0 win against Blackburn for his 11th goal in 21 games since joining the club.
The fans stripped Soldado down to his panties.

YOBO ADDS TO INJURY WOE - 3 WEEKS OUT WITH TWISTED KNEE

joseph%20Yobo_633568240557656250.jpg

EUROPA LEAGUE

Everton 2 - 0 AEK (Soldado x2)

Amazing performance from the striker again, he has scored our last 4 goals getting us 3 wins from 3 in the process. Qualified from the group having won every single game and not conceding a goal. Superb!

DONOVAN RULED OUT FOR 3 WEEKS

More misery as Donovan, only just breaking into the first team after a 3 month injury, has been ruled out again. When will it end I ask, WHEN WILL IT END!!??

EVERTON DRAW AZ ALKMAAR IN EUROPA LEAGUE 1ST KNOCKOUT ROUND

AZ_Alkmaar_the_050209.jpg

WINNERS GO ON TO PLAY GALATASARY OR STUTTGART

Galatasaray_Logo_by_GShastasi.jpg
OR
vfb-stuttgart.gif

PREMIER LEAGUE

Everton 2 - 4 Chelsea (Pienaar, Saha)

Well it was good while it lasted, 27 games unbeaten in all competitons. First loss of the season against a dominant Chelsea side, they were fantastic and simply too strong for us. But, given the size of the 2 clubs they should be winning, especially with the injuries we have at the moment. Hopefully we can pick ourselves up from this inevitable disappointment.

LEAGUE CUP QUARTER FINAL

Man United 1 - 1 Everton (Soldado)

Man United win 8-7 on Pens

Very good perfromance today, possibly the best of the season. We were down to 10 men from the 46th minute on when Distin got sent off and we held our 1-0 lead until mid way through the 2nd half. Still we battled on and kept it level until 120 minutes, Rooney then missed the first penalty but Jagielka missed our 3rd. It then went on with everybody scoring until Senderos missed and we lost.
Great performance, very proud.

PREMIER LEAGUE

Tottenham 2 - 1 Everton (Yakubu)

Fixtures are coming thick and fast and we don't have the depth to deal with it. Took a 1-0 lead early on but they come back and nicked the win in the 75th minute. Some depth might need to be added in the next couple of weeks when the transfer window opens as these injuries are just killing us.

Need to pick the form up again soon or we will drop too far down the league, I have full faith in the players ability though and i'm sure with a rest they can come back as strong as before.

View attachment 62763

Still delighted with the position we are in, and as long as we can get inside the top 4 come the end of the season that would be absolutely BRILLIANT!

View attachment 62764

The squad are all performing amazing especially Soldado, Arteta and Cahill. If some huge bids come in during the January transfer window I might struggle to hold on to some of the stars.

Thanks very much for reading, dont be afraid to leave a comment or request a screenshot.

Thanks again to Dan for the tactics- still working superbly mate!!

Still some good results with your injury crisis. I did tell you Soldado was epic! Loved the bit about him aswell, he does look like that kind of guy :S

Nice one mate! I'm an Evertonian myself, in second season now, finished 4th in my first season so I'm in the Champions League!

Just a quick question, who did you use at left back when Baines got injured?

Btw, some tips for ya- I bought Boriello from AC Milan for £5.5m in my first season and he's been awesome up front. Also, scouted Daniel Villalva and got him for about £2.5 from some Argentinian team- one for the future. (I play 3 up front so need the bodies up there!!) Vaughan turns out great if you give him enough games, but get rid of Anichebe.

Also, you can get Donovan to stay for about £1.9m- let his loan expire then offer that for him.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks a lot mate, some great advice there will definitely check them out. Keep following, I could maybe use some tips in the future :)

I use Phil Neville or Distin when Baines is out, Phil does an OK job and Distin is solid.

Right guys, quick question and I need advice quickly. I will not continue on my game for about 15 minutes to wait for some advice so please help.

View attachment 62787

Finances are pretty poor, losing money every month and dont have much in the balance. But, earlier in the season when they were better the board increased my budget to about £10m. Do I spent it, get a few players in to help my chances of getting top 4, take the gamble? Or do I save the money? Maybe do any transfers over 48 months and hope my finances are better by the time it comes around to that?

Please help, in a real dilemma :p

Isn't that Ever Banega from Valencia? XD

Good luck and good results mate,loving the story so far.

Yeh it is, he was the only South American I could find :p Looks like he could be a young Paraguyan manager :p

JANUARY

PREMIER LEAGUE

Bolton 0 - 1 Everton (Soldado)

Good win against a decent opposition. Soldado the man again, he has picked us up so many points with his goals this season.

Everton 0 - 0 Man United

Distin sent off after 43 minutes and we managed to hold on. Thats the last 2 games against Man United that Distin has been sent off in now, but we have still managed to go on and draw.

FA Cup 3rd Round

Hull 1 - 2 Everton (Vaughan, Saha)

Tried to rest as many players as possible in order to keep players up for the league. Good win and their goal was only a consolation in the 90th minute. Back on good form now.

PREMIER LEAGUE

Liverpool 0 - 2 Everton (Soldado, Vaughan)

Vaughan has 2 in the last 2 games, a good run for the youngster, also Soldado got another goal. What a man!

Fantastic performance against our main rivals, the solid tactics once again worked, keep an eye out for that from Dan later this evening!

TRANSFERS

OUT

Saha
was sold as he was earning 50k a week, far too much for a man with 2 goals this season. He went to Sevilla for £2.2m.

Next, Bilyaletdinov was the target for shock loan move from Barcelona. He was not performing well for Everton, but Barca put a bid to pay all his wages and pay £1m for the loan, as well as a future fee of £19million. I hope he has a good spell there and they offer that much.

IN
attachment.php

Marco Veratti
was brought in from Italian teams Pescara and Fiorentina. Combined fee of £1m and he looks like being a real star of the future, maybe a replacement for the ageing Arteta.

View attachment 62830
AdrienSilva.jpg

Next in was Adrien the CM who has joined from Sporting Lisbon for £3.2m. At only 20 years of age he looks like he can be a great player in the coming eyars and has good all round ability.

View attachment 62832

View attachment 62834

Still just one point away from leaders Chelsea and a massive 7 points ahead of 3rd place. Hopefully we can keep going and keep the pressure on Chelsea and just see how it goes. Maybe delve into the market for another player or 2 just for a bit of backup, we will see.

great update pal, the tactics will be up shortly

JANUARY

Everton have held firm to one of their star performers this season, Johnny Heitinga. Juventus and Inter Milan both came in with tempting offers of around £8.75m but Everton believe he is crucial to their success and want him around for years to come.

In other news, Anichebe has extended his loan spell at Crystal Palace until the end of the season. He currently has 14 goals in 15 games for the Championship side but his goals havent been enough for them as they sit 23rd in the table.

Other loanees Baxter and Agard, both at Cardiff have 3 goals apiece this season, a decent return from the youngsters.

VALENCIA SIGN EVERTON YOUNGSTER MUSTAFI

Everton have today confirmed the departure of 17 year old German Centre Back Mustagi, who has left for Spanish team Valencia for a fee thought to be around £1.7m. Ham Sanchez didnt believe that Mustafi was of the desired quality to break into the first team anytime soon so couldnt refuse the offer that was made.

932074147-18122009030329.jpg

AFRICAN TRIO DEPART FOR TOURNAMENT

Yobo, Yakubu and Pienaar have all left Everton's first team this week to meet up with their internation squads for the African Cup of Nations tournament. Hopefully they will be not out there too long and can remain injury free, as that is the last thing we need going into the last few months of the season.

PREMIER LEAGUE

Everton 3 - 1 Hull (Cahill, Veratti, Vaughan)

Nice win today and we were easy on the eye with some good attacking moves. Veratti got his first goal for the club off the bench which was nice for the youngster and Vaughan wrapped up the points late on. He looks like he will be a valuable player come the end of the season and is chipping in with some nice goals for the team whilst the Yak isaway.

MK-AV623_SP_COU_G_20090419213352.jpg

FA CUP 4TH ROUND

Everton 2 - 1 Swansea (Donovan, Vaughan)

Another game another goal for Vaughan. Started him in this game alongside a recovering Donovan and they both bagged a goal. This game gave us the chance to rest up some first team players such as Cahill and Arteta.

EVERTON TO PLAY FULHAM AT GOODISON IN FA CUP 5TH ROUND TIE

PREMIER LEAGUE

Portsmouth 1 - 1 Everton (Donovan)

No doubt in my mind we should have taken all 3 points here. We were the better side from start to finish and I am very angry with the officials, they disallowed 3 GOALS from Landon Donovan today, at least 1 of which should have stood. The FA were silent upon their criticism, perhaps shamed into not making an apology?

Landon-Donovan-001.jpg

TRANSFER WINDOW CLOSES

Next Update will be tomorrow night now, day of revision tomorrow. Fun times!
Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it.

Cheers guys, appreciate the comments :) Update later on tonight possibly.

loving the story mate and can i ask what role and duty did u give soldado and verratti