AussieOchoa

Reaction score
chivas-morales-b-456.jpg

Name: Giovanni Vela
Nationality: Mexican
D.O.B: 12/11/75 (Age 33)
Place of Birth: Mexico City, Mexico
Uncapped

Giovanni Vela is the man at the helm of the Mexican National Football Team. The former Club America player was forced to retire at 23 due to persistent injury, unfortunatley retiring when he was edging his way into the Mexican national side. But that forgotten he now has his chance again as the manager of the side. The Mexican F.A. sacked former Head Coach, Javier Aguirre, after an unimpressive set of results. The Mexican F.A. expect Vela to take Mexico to the World Cup and progress to the Round of 16. Vela's first match in charge will be at home to U.S.A., their main rivals for 1st spot in the CONCACAF 3rd Phase Qualifying Group.
Tue 7th July 2009​

----------------------------------------

Guardado and Dos Santos out!

Mexican stars Andres Guardado and Giovani Dos Santos have been ruled out for Tuesday's crucial World Cup Qualifier against the United States. They have both been ruled out for three to possibly four games for Mexico, and this will hand United States a big advantage.

6a00e54ef2975b88330120a4dcf125970b-500wi
16-giovani-dos-santos-nota_.jpg

The Injured Pair
Wed 29th July 2009

Perfect start for Vela

Mexico 2-0 United States
Fernando Arce 62'
Maza Rodriguez 67'

Mexican manager Giovanni Vela has got Mexico of to the perfect start under his management after a 2-0 win over rivals, the United States. The Mexicans played a deep, balanced and fairly defensive game, throwing the odd attack at the States. The States had a total of 19 shots, compared to Mexico's 10, but a man of the match performance from Guillermo Ochoa proved to be the difference as Mexico's goalkeeper kept many brilliant efforts out of the Mexican net.

The Lineups
View attachment 85431
The Stats
View attachment 85432
The Ratings
View attachment 85433

Wed 12th August 2009​

Ochoa is Mexico's new hero

Costa Rica 0-1 Mexico
Fernando Arce 7'
Fernando Arce Injured 53'

A second 'Man of the Match' performance from Guillermo Ochoa saw Mexico come away with a 1-0 victory from Costa Rica. Fernando Arce's 7th minute header was enough to see Mexico win the highly anticipated 1st vs 4th match. This win puts Mexico 3rd above Costa Rica in 4th, but behind the United States and Honduras in 1st an 2nd respectively. Mexico now go on to face Honduras to see if they can leap frog them into 2nd position.

The Lineups
View attachment 85452
The Stats
View attachment 85453
The Ratings
View attachment 85454
Sat 5th September 2009​

Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots, Mexico takes Shots... and Win

Mexico 3-1 Honduras
Castillo 28'
Vela 38'

Costly 67'
Caballero O.G. 70'

Mexico secured a place in at least the North American/South American Playoff Match and 1st place in the Group with a 3-1 win over Honduras. The Mexicans look set to dominate from the early, and they were rewarded with goals from Castillo and Vela before the break. After the break the game evened out and Honduras pulled one back before Caballero put one in his own net to give the Mexicans another two goal buffer.

The Lineups
View attachment 85484
The Stats
View attachment 85485
The Ratings
View attachment 85486

Wed 9th September 2009​

MexicanFA.png

Dos Santos Returns!

The Cotton Bowl in Dallas Texas was home to the friendly match between Mexico and Colombia. Bofo Bautista scored the only goal of the game in the 14th minute, but was subbed off at half time to make way for the returning Giovani Dos Santos. Dos Santos was met with a huge roar of support from the travelling Mexican fans. Dos Santos did little, but he did what he did brilliantly, moving past defenders and sending over crosses like a true expert.

The Lineups
View attachment 85794
The Stats
View attachment 85795
The Ratings

View attachment 85796
Wed 30th Sep 2009​

Sexy layout, keep up the good work. :)

MexicanFA.png

Mexico Qualify

Mexico 2-0 El Salvador
Bofo Bautista 51'
Carlos Vela 57'

Mexico are the first North American team to qualify for the World Cup after having beaten El Salvador 2-0. The first half was a drab affair, with the minimal shots all going wide. The second half came alive when substitute Bofo Bautista score in the 51st minute. Carlos Vela put the game to bed 6 minutes later with a nice strike from just inside the 18 yard box. Mexico now go on to face Trinidad and Tobago in 5 days time.

The Lineups
View attachment 85797
The Stats
View attachment 85798
The Ratings

View attachment 85799
Sat 10th October 2009​

Yo dude Im a big fan of Mexican football and if you have all players loaded MAKE SURE you get Marco Antonio Palacios in your squad, one of the best CB's on the game. Also Leandro Augusto plays in the Mexican League, I Believe(not 100%) that he can be converted to Mexican from Argentinean. Also Barrera but 100% get Palacios in scored 20 goals in one season for me at CB without the corner bug.

MexicanFA.png

Mexico fall to T&T

Mexico 0-1 Trinidad & Tobago
Stern John 47'

Giovanni Vela, Mexico's manager, has suffered his first loss at the hands of Trinidad & Tobago. Mexico ran a very young and inexperienced side, and it backfired as no one could finish and they were left with there heads in their hands. One highlight was Andres Guardado returning and playing quite well.

The Lineups
View attachment 85800
The Stats
View attachment 85801
The Ratings

View attachment 85802
Wed 14th October 2009​

Yo dude Im a big fan of Mexican football and if you have all players loaded MAKE SURE you get Marco Antonio Palacios in your squad, one of the best CB's on the game. Also Leandro Augusto plays in the Mexican League, I Believe(not 100%) that he can be converted to Mexican from Argentinean. Also Barrera but 100% get Palacios in scored 20 goals in one season for me at CB without the corner bug.

I had a look, but I can't seem to find them :( It's quite a shame they sound good. I know about Barrera and was disappointed when I couldn't find him first time round :S

MexicanFA.png

Mexico Prepare

Giovanni Vela has to face his toughest challenge as Mexican manager so far in 7 days. Netherlands travel to the Azteca to face the Mexicans. This match is being seen as Mexico's toughest challenge in years. Vela set up the match himself. It seems he wants to challenge his team by putting them up against the 3rd best team in the world according to FIFA. Vela's side is currently ranked 11th, surprisingly above Portugal (16th) and only one behind England (10th).

The FIFA Rankings
View attachment 85808

Wed 11th November 2009​

Last edited:
MexicanFA.png

Mexico so Close

Mexico 1-1 Netherlands
van Persie 10'
Bofo Bautista 75'

Giovanni Vela's Mexico proved today that they are a world class team, having drawn with Netherlands. The Mexicans should have put 2 or 3 pass Stekelenburg in the Dutch goal but were unlucky not to. They were so close to an upset, but this left many supporters happy with their performance and slight dominance. Young starlet Jonathon Dos Santos got his chance to shine when he was brought on in the 60th minute, but he didn't shine.

The Lineups
View attachment 85809
The Stats
View attachment 85810
The Ratings
View attachment 85811

Wed 18th November 2010​

MexicanFA.png

Mexico drawn in 'Group of Death'

Mexico have been drawn in the Group of Death for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. They have been drawn with Argentina, France and Australia. Mexico need to try and get a point out of either Argentina or France and beat Australia and have results go there way for them to progress. The Mexican FA can also confirm two pre-tournament friendlies;
Mexico vs England - Away
Mexico vs South Africa - Away

Groups
View attachment 85812
View attachment 85813
View attachment 85814
Fri 4th December 2009​

MexicanFA.png

Vela Rejects Vicenza

Vicenza approached Mexico manager Giovanni Vela to replace former manager Rolando Maran at the helm of Vicenza. Vicenza offered a transfer kitty of 400,000 Pounds, and a wage budget of 71K Pounds. Vela rejected the offer wanting to focus on the up and coming World Cup

View attachment 85815
Wed 6th January 2010​

Good luck for the World Cup, if you make it through the group stage, it looks like your round of 16 opponent will be a bit easier!

I like the formation you are playing, if you are playing against opposition using three in the central midfield, may I recommend to play Marquez in the central sweeper position with the Libero role set to Support or Attack. This will give him the freedom to step into the midfield when you have possession to retain it better, and he will drop back to defend when you lose it :) just like he does for Mexico in real life :) good luck!

Good luck for the World Cup, if you make it through the group stage, it looks like your round of 16 opponent will be a bit easier!

I like the formation you are playing, if you are playing against opposition using three in the central midfield, may I recommend to play Marquez in the central sweeper position with the Libero role set to Support or Attack. This will give him the freedom to step into the midfield when you have possession to retain it better, and he will drop back to defend when you lose it :) just like he does for Mexico in real life :) good luck!

Yeah I just pray for a draw or win vs France :)

Oh thanks with that, I'll try it out in one of my friendlies, atm I have him as Ball Playing Defender - Stopper, and he hasn't done quite what I like so I'll see how that goes, thanks :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short update before the World Cup, just to update my pre-tournament friendlies and injuries

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MexicanFA.png

Pre-Tournament Friendlies

England 3-2 Mexico
Lampard 16'
J. Cole 28'
Gerrard 56'
Bravo 68'
Castillo 91'

South Africa 0-2 Mexico
Dos Santos 71'
Bravo 82'

Injuries