JMcQueen

Reaction score
(My aim of this story is to adventually manage one of the major London sides, Chelsea/Arsenal/Tottenham. As a Hibernian fan, I thought it was only right to start my success at them and see how long it takes to travel from Edinburgh to London. Ofcourse, I may have to take other jobs before getting one of the big three in London. It's not going to be easy that's for sure, so I invite you to take the journey with me.)

28bqzox.png

Josh McQueen - New Hibernian Manager

After the departure of Colin Calderwood at the end of last year, Hibernian went the rest of the season with caretaker manager Billy Brown in charge, where they just escaped relegation. Now, Hibernian have got themselves a permanent manager in and it's not a experianced or even well known face. It's long time Hibernian supporter and ex-Crusaders manager Josh McQueen.

McQueen has told reporters that he plans to bring back to pride and glory that the Edinburgh club used to have - a side what was rarely seen out of the top six has seen itself battling with relegation over the last few years. McQueen's job is to take it back into the top six, back challenging for the Europa League spots and even try and bring a domestic cup back to Easter Road aswell.

That's all good being said, but it's clear that McQueen needs time to sort this team out, he needs some fresh faces to strengthen certain areas up and overall he needs the support of everyone around the club, including players, staff, boardroom and most importantly the fans. Is this a new day in the green side of Edinburgh?

Fresh Faces Around Easter Road

New Hibernian manager Josh McQueen has wasted little time in bringing in new faces around Easter Road. Knowing he had to strengthen his squad, the board had giving £250k in funds to bring in these new faces. The first player to be brought in was ex-Dundee United right back Mihael Kovacevic. Experianced and talented, Kovacevic will bring in vital strength in that area, as Hibs will also have Michael Hart and Richie Towell as backup.

23kuas4.jpg

Mihael Kovacevic - Signed on a Free Transfer

Next was talented centreback who can also play in centre of the midfield aswell, Moreno. Moreno was brought in for a fee of £75k from Leicester City. A player with tricks and skills but can also be very aggressive when needs to be is a great signing for Hibernian as the continue to strengthen there defence.

21mvi2r.jpg

Moreno - Signed for £75k

With Leigh Griffiths and Gary O'Connor both certainties for the Hibs strike-force, you can imagine McQueen's frustration when both get injured throughout pre-season and will miss the first game of the season against Celtic. This meant McQueen had to quickly bring in another striker for back-up and found one in ex-Celtic star Mark Burchill. Signed from Cyprus club Paralimni for just £35k, Burchill has good experiance in the SPL with having spells at Celtic and also Kilmarnock.

dev5ls.jpg

Mark Burchill - Signed for £35k

The final signing for McQueen during the summer was free-agent Sone Aluko. The ex-Aberdeen winger has been out of club for just a short time, after Aberdeen being unable to renew Aluko's contract the season before. A dangerous player, who brings pace and his well known bag of tricks to the side.

ajy1d5.jpg

Sone Aluko - Signed on a Free Transfer

Pre-Season was all about the side gelling together, working out thhe best formation for the new season and generally seeing some good performances, ok -it's always nice to win too, but results isnt a major factor at pre-season. It's all about getting the players fit and there performances ready for the big kick off - the results of pre-season are below.

20hrbde.png

Some decent performances in there, although the game against Peterborough was maybe the only dissapointment I feel McQueen had throughout the pre-season, however no time to sit and dull, because for Hibernian it was time for the big kick off and for there new manager it couldn't be any harder, as they welcomed Celtic on the opening day to Easter Road.

Start of the Season..July/August

2ikfhoj.png

The first game of the season was always going to be difficult, with Celtic being our opening game. Although I still was fancying at least a point, since we was at home and to be honest - i thought we had a chance as the first half was pretty even, with both teams having chances. Although there goal right on half-time seemed to knock the wind out of us and on the second half, Celtic was the better side - we wasn't out of it as we did continue to create some chances but we was killed off with minutes remaining as they doubled there lead. Overall, it was a cracking effort by my players.

2rzoshk.png

Away up north to Inverness is always a tricky game, anyone in the SPL will tell you that, it's not just the travelling you have to do before it, it's Inverness style of play. Very hard challenges, very physical type game - a Stoke City type if you know what I mean, so I was happy enough to take a point from them especially after we fell behind. The first twenty minutes, we didn't seem to wake up, although when that goal went it, we certaintly did. A powerful header from Victor Palsson earned us a point, in a game which could of went anyway to be honest.

2exaeq1.png

Another away game, this time to Kilmarnock. A game I really fancied us to win to be honest as Kilmarnock have started poorly and are one of the favourites to go down this season in my opinion, despite the team the may have and i got exactly what I wanted when we took the lead inside a minute when Lewis Stevenson smashed the ball into the top corner after being played through one on one. We then doubled that lead with a Paul Hanlon header and Killie's misery was wrapped up when Dean Shiels was sent off for a second bookable offence. Very nice peformance all round for us, and our first win of the season.

2r7oy85.png

Finally, we was back at home - Easter Road. St Mirren was our opponents and I wanted to put a treat on for our home fans after-all they've only seen the Celtic game so far. We started very attackingly and took the lead after ten minutes when Mark Burchill got his first goal for the club. From there on out, we dominated and doubled the lead just under half an hour when David Wotherspoon got on the end of a slick cross from Lewis Stevenson. The game was in the bag by half-time aslong as we didn't get complacent...and we didn't as Lewis Stevenson then got the third to wrap up a very comfortable win for us.

2r57n7l.png

Next was the Scottish Cup 2nd Round tie away to Brechin City. A game we really should be winning, but you know what it's like in these **** cups, with there upsets. I wasn't really caring how we won, aslong as we did and got through to the next round. Brechin tried to bring the game to us, but two converted penalties from the returning Gary O'Connor was enough to see us in the third round of the Scottish Cup, where we drew Inverness at Easter Road.

2powtjr.png

Yess! Absolute delighted, a Edinburgh Derby win at Tynecastle - it doesn't get much better for us Hibs fans! We was absolute outstanding - the derby itself was amazing, it had everything. Entertainment, goals, tempers flying..everything you would want. We got off to a great start when David Wotherspoon found himself in the right place at the right time as Hearts keeper spilled the ball allowing Wotherspoon to roll it in. Hearts where soon level though with an amazing 30 yarder strike from Garry Thompson and then took the lead when our Paul Hanlon headed it past Stack for an own goal.

I told the boys at half time not to worry about it, especially Hanlon - there was alot of football to be played and we was very much still it, especially when Gary O'Connor levelled the scores one again with one of his own master strikers from 25yards as he blasted the ball into the roof of the Hearts net. Then it was Hibees new boy Moreno who's had an amazing start to his Hibs career already who popped up with the winner, by heading home from Aluko's corner to get his first goal for the club and give Hibs the win. We was fantastic, a greta peformance and a result what will be remebered for a long time.

26208e8.png

So that's the end of August now, and after the Edinburgh Derby win, we're sitting 2nd in the league with a game in hand of Dundee United who sit only a point above us. Celtic are also got a game in hand as they sit in third on level points with us, where as Rangers as further down the table as it seems they've got off to a pretty slow start this season. However, that means nothing - im sure they will catch up in no time. It's been a great start to this season so far and it was rounded off with me winning manager of the month award for August. Let's hope it continues...

nlv9dj.png

(Ok, I got carried away and ended up playing right through the season last night - so this update will be rather large. Usually it's meant to be monthly updates, but yeah - I got carried away. Im right into this game - so this update will catchh you'se all up - then it's back to the regular monthly updates)

Season Review 2011/2012

September -

Hibernian 0 - 1 Aberdeen

Dunfermline 0 - 2 Hibernian

(League Cup 3rd Round)
Hibernian 1 - 2 Inverness

Hibernian 0 - 1 Dundee United

Hibernian 3 - 2 St Johnstone

Not the greatest of months, exit out of the League Cup at home and also some poor results in the league. But a home win at the end of the month against St Johnstone kept our heads high as we continued to stay in the top six of the Premier League and challenge for those Europa League spots.

October -

Rangers 4 - 0 Hibernian

Hibernian 1 - 0 Motherwell

St Mirren 1 - 1 Hibernian

Celtic 1 - 1 Hibernian

Memorable Game -
15i55hx.png

A decent month, if you look at who we was playing - maybe the only dissapointment was the draw to st mirren, but it's still better than nothing. A game to remember though, was taking a point from Celtic Park in agame where I personally thought we should of won. Ok, it's just a point but when you play the Old Firm you dont really expect much, especially away from home. So to go there and to go behing, and still leave with a point - I was delighted.

November -

Hibernian 1 - 0 Dunfermline

Hibernian 1 - 1 Kilmarnock

St Johnstone 4 - 4 Hibernian

Memorable Game -
23r6amr.png

Once again, more draws than wins - starting to be quite frustraing at the amont of games we're failing to win - I mean we aint losing them but still games we should win. The St Johnstone game however was unreal, even with just ten players after having a man sent off, we scored four - just to bad we couldn't stop them from also scoring four. Although, I cant complain as at the end of the month we was still in 5th - which was my aim for the season, break the top six.

December -

Motherwell 2 - 0 Hibernian

Hibernian 1 - 1 Rangers

Aberdeen 2 - 0 Hibernian

Dundee United 0 - 0 Hibernian

Hibernian 5 - 3 Inverness

Memorable Game -
fdbw9v.png

Thank god for the last game of the year, the month was looking gloom without a win - until we absolute smashed Inverness in a goal thriller at home. Originally the draw with Rangers at home would of been the memorable game of the month, although the eight goal thriller topped it. Two great results throughout a difficult month and a great way to end 2011 as we went into the new year 5th in the league table.

January -

Hibernian 1 - 1 Hearts

(Scottish Cup 4th Round)
Queens Park 0 - 3 Hibernian

Dunfermline 1 - 4 Hibernian

Hibernian 1 - 0 St Johnstone

Rangers 2 - 2 Hibernian

Memorable Game -
s6tc43.png

Great month, unbeaten and moved up to 4th in the league! Gutted we wasn't able to beat Hearts at home after beating them earlier this season at there ground, but a draw's not a bad result I suppose. The memorable game of this month however was the final game of the month, at Ibrox. A last minute goal from Ivan Sporule earned us a point and a thrilling encounter, which meant that both Old Firm had dropped points to us this season and Ranger's has twice.

February -

(Scottish Cup 5th Round)
Hibernian 1 - 0 Motherwell

Hibernian 3 - 0 Aberdeen

Hibernian 0 - 1 Celtic

Kilmarnock 2 - 3 Hibernian

Another great month as we continued our fine form with three wins our of four games what strecthed our point advantage in 4th to over five points from Aberdeen. The only game we dropped points against was Celtic, which is fair enough as we did give up a good performance but we would have to do alot better next month as we had them in the quarter finals at Celtic Park - as for memorable game? None really, but the highlight of this month would be strecthing our advantage in 4th.

March -

(Scottish Cup Quarter Final)
Celtic 0 - 2 Hibernian

Hibernian 1 - 1 St Mirren

Hearts 0 - 0 Hibernian

Hibernian 1 - 0 Dundee United

Inverness 2 - 3 Hibernian

Memorable Game -
oucxgl.png

What a start to the month! Not hard to guess what the memorable game of this month was?! A famous win at Celtic Park booked us in the semi-finals against Dundee United in the Scottish Cup. Was gutted not to have carried our form from the cup into the league as we once again drew a few more games, including Hearts - at least they havn't beat us this season - but we ended the month in a high as we beat 3rd place Dundee United and Inverness to bring the gap between us and United to just three points for the race for 3rd.

April -

Hibernian 2 - 1 Motherwell

(Scottish Cup Semi-Final)
Hibernian 3 - 0 Dundee United

Dundee United 1 - 1 Hibernian

Hibernian 0 - 3 Celtic

Hearts 0 - 1 Hibernian

Memorable Game -
i6z1u1.png

What a month! We're through to the Scottish Cup final with a remarkable performance over Dundee United, we killed the tie after just twenty minutes! We've got Rangers in the final, it's tough but we aint caring - Scottish Cup final for the green of Edinburgh and to top it all off this month, we beat our Edinburgh Rivals Hearts in the last Edinburgh derby of the season which meant Hearts went the full season without beating us - it couldn't get any sweeter for us Hibs fans. As a memorable game, I wanted to put the semi-final but a derby win over Hearts at Tynecastle is just to good to forget and will be remembered for a long time.

May -

Hibernian 2 - 0 Rangers

Aberdeen 1 - 2 Hibernian

Memorable Game -
2ch8h1.png

What a cracking end to the season, we hammered newly crowned champions Rangers at home, before beating Aberdeen on the last day of the season to take 3rd place from Dundee United. The full of Edinburgh is buzzing as we look foward to the Europa League next season, but before we get to that we've got a Scottish Cup Final first before this season is over and after hammering them at home - we're feeling quietly confindent about this.

Scottish Premier League Table 2011/2012

2n9kp6p.png

Hibernian v Rangers
Scottish Cup Final
Hampden Park
12.5.12 - 3.00pm

nw0e0x.png

An unbelievable result to an unbelievable season. We looked down and out with only minutes remaining, but on loan Celtic midfielder, Richie Towell fired home a super strike to send the game into extra-time. The goal stunned Ranger's who was already in party mood for the treble and really wasn't up for extra time and it was clear to tell, when just one minute into extra time, Richie Towell again struck a fierce shot from closer in this time, which beat Allan McGregor to his near post. Just like that, the trophy was going to Edinburgh, not Glasgow..

11gngnd.jpg

Overall Season Stats -

Premier League Finish - 3rd
Scottish Cup - Winners
League Cup - 3rd Round

My hard work and success this season, didn't go un-noticed as the board offered me a new contract to extend my stay for another two years on a £5,000 a week contract, a very lucrative deal for a Hibs manager if I may say so myself.

j8cpqc.png

(Once again got carried away, really need to stop playing football manager when im off work! This is meant to be a monthly update, even though so far it's been seasons, I assure you once im back at work it will be monthly!)

Season Review 2012/2013

51cx9k.png

August -

iyg4dj.png

September -

1zq5xr7.png

October -

2rfc8is.png

November -

20nlax.png

December -

1zceu8n.png

January -

2s8fybs.png

February -

9pvsw0.jpg

March -

mrwolw.png

April & May -

szy5c8.png

Memorable Results Throughout The Season

The Edinburgh Demolition -

1yoksh.png

Champions? Who? -

14dm54p.png

Breaking Ibrox's Walls -

2ijrjhd.png

Scottish Premier League Table 2012/2013

domc86.png

Another successful season as Hibernian manager. Qualifying for Europa League for the second season in a row and was only a few points of beating Rangers to 2nd, however finishing 3rd consitantly over two years is still extremely good, it proves that outside the Old Firm Hibs are the best side in the league. Still, it would of been nice to of split the Old Firm..oh well, next season perhaps?

We got into the Group Stages this season aswell of the Europa League, ok we didn't do that well - only getting one point from six games but it was an experiance and a learnign curve for the players at the club and ofcourse myself. Good thing about it, is we've got it all to look foward to next season, if we once again get past the qualifying stages.

Another positive from this season, is once again we went unbeaten in the Edinburgh Derbie's. It's now been two years since Hearts last won in an Edinburgh Derby, and me personally have yet to lose one. That's how it should be, no more are Hearts the dominating side of Edinburgh - Edinburgh's full of green and white as the dominating Hibs show we're the best team in Edinburgh and one day hopefully Scotland. Out of all the derby wins, the five goal destruction we gave them, surely showed the power had turned in Edinburgh and it's going to stay that way for a long long time.

Also a couple of wins against the Old Firm again are always nice, both Celtic and Rangers fell before us as we made sure the knew that Hibernian was up and coming for title challengers and no longer would this league be a two horse race and up until around March I would say we was very in the title hunt, until Celtic ran away with it at the end. We also got to a Semi-Final of the League Cup and a Quarter-Final of the Scottish Cup, would of been nice to once again lift more silverware like last year, but still a very good season.

Overall statistics 2012/2013 season -

Premier League Finish - 3rd
Scottish Cup - Quarter Final
League Cup - Semi Final

50jth.jpg

Josh McQueen Resigns from Hibs...

New's that will shock Scottish football fans, and heartbreak many Hibernian fans came out today, that popular Hibernian manager Josh McQueen had resigned. McQueen who had been in charge of Hibs for two years won the Scottish Cup with Hibs for the first time since 1905 and also took them to the Europa League group stages. Also back to back 3rd place finishes in the league and famous wins over each the Old Firm. Also in his two year stay, McQueen went undefeated in Edinburgh Derby's, never losing to Hearts in his time in charge - so it was clear to see why McQueen had became such a big favourite with the Hib's support.

The reasoning behind McQueen's sudden departure is unknown but it is believed that he left, to follow his dream in managing down south in England. The Hibernian board wanted to thank Mcqueen for everything he had done and held no grudges against him for leaving and said neither should any Hibernian fans.

Hibernians now on the look for a new manager and it's believed ex-Norwich City manager Paul Lambert is then hot favourite for the job after being sacked earlier this year by Norwich after a poor string of results.

done well with Hibs! How comes you resigned? Is a job available in England?

nice story even tho im a jambo :p just like to add its 1902 last time hibs won the scottish cup ;)