Status
Not open for further replies.

StuW

Why So Serious?
Reaction score
I am going to start this story whilst I get my blog sorted fully, and will then continue it on there after this section is closed.

6epfp.png

WATSON REPLACES HUGHTON AT THE HELM
93936.jpg

Chris Hughton today left Newcastle after contract talks finally broke down. Hughton, who had only 11 months left on his current contract said he was 'disappointed, but hopes the club progress'. Mike Ashley, who earlier in the week officially placed Newcastle United up for sale, said that he did not want to lose Hughton, but said himself and Hughton had 'two different visions' of the club's future progress.

Mike Ashley has hastily appointed unknown Stuart Watson at the helm, apparently handing him a 5m budget to prepare the club for the return to the top flight.

Newcastle Transfer Rumours
- Sparta Prague winger Martin Zeman is believed to be on Watson's radar. (Daily Star)
- Toon fans are anticipating the arrival of Santos Laguna frontman Christian Benitez. (Mirror)
- Free agents Enzo Maresca, Fabian Carini and Vinicius are expected to go on trial with the club. (Times)

What DB Extensions I am using-
11.1.1 DB
StuW's FM11 New Talent DB Part 1(available soon)
Updates soon:)

Last edited:
SQUAD ANALYSIS

First thing to do now is to take a look at the squad I have, and see where I need to strengthen or sell players. The squad is quite a good size to compete, however, the quality is not so good.

Goalkeepers

Steve%2BHarper%2B%2528Profile_%2BAttributes%2529.jpg

Steve Harper - A fantastic servant to the club, where he has been his entire professional career. Will be number 1 for this season.
Tim Krul - A top youth keeper, who will provide push Harper this season.
Ole Soderberg - Youngster, who is nowhere near the standard I need. Will look to loan him out for match experience.

Defence

Jos%25C3%25A9%2BEnrique%2B%2528Profile_%2BAttributes%2529.jpg

Defence is the key to any team. Good solid defence will lead you towards glory, whilst a weak line will surely see you fall into trouble. I feel the defence I have will fit just in behind the 'Good' category.

Central

Fabricio Coloccini - Argentinian international, who has good, all-round stats.
Sol Campbell - Old reliable will be integral to the team, with his experience being hugely important.
Steven Taylor - Has the potential to be a great defender. With an injury until around November, he will have to work to get back into the team.
Mike Williamson - A player who spent half a season with Portsmouth before joining, has the ability to push for the starting berth.

Full-Back

Danny Simpson(DR) - Signed from Man Utd, and after an impressive season behind, will certainly want to show his quality again.
Jose Enrique(DL) - A workhorse who will be looking for another good season at Left-Back
Ryan Taylor(DR) - A versatile player, who can play right up the right. Average stats, may have a job to do.
James Perch(DR) - Poor player for the team, I don't think he will figure this season,and I will look to sell him ASAP.

Midfield

Hatem%2BBen%2BArfa%2B%2528Profile_%2BAttributes%2529.jpg

Midfield is hugely important for any team. Whether it is to support the attack or the defence, a strong midfield makes a strong team.

Central

Kevin Nolan - A workhorse who will lead as captain this season.
Joey Barton - Tenacious and hardman are words that spring to mind with Barton. However, seems to have changed himself, and will hopefully be a key member of the side.
Alan Smith - Once a frontman, now a strong midfielder, Alan will certainly provide steel to the side.
Cheick Tiote - A impressive DM who will have a huge role to play, stoppping the many high class attacking midfielders I will encounter.
Hatem Ben Arfa - A flamboyant, skillful, and unpredictable player, Hatem will be the chief architect for the team. Can play as a Winger as well.
Danny Guthrie - A player who has all the traits to become a good central player. Hopefully will take his chances once back from injury.
Dan Gosling - A young player signed from Everton amid controversy, has shown glimpses of huge potential.

Wingers

Jonas(AM R/L) - By far the top winger at the club, will provide huge pace and style on the flanks.
Wayne Routledge(AM R/L) - Explosive is the best way to describe him. Will provide solid backup for me.

Strikers

Andy%2BCarroll%2B%2528Profile_%2BAttributes%2529.jpg

The players who will hopefully score the goals for the team.

Andy Carroll - Tall, powerful, undoubtedly talented, a huge season ahead for him.
Shola Ameobi - Very similar to Andy, hopefully his more flamboyant style will make sure he keeps near the first team.
Xisco - A player who has yet to impress St James Park faithfuls. A make-or-break season for the Spaniard.
Peter Lovenkrands - Electric pace, however, Peter is a fair way behind the other players.
Nile Ranger - A highly rated striker, who has a good mix of speed, skill, and strength. Could be a huge player for the club.
Leon Best - Fairly quick, but not intelligent. Not currently in the plans for the club.

Future Stars??

Along with the first team, I need to evaluate exactly how strong the youth is at the club. Here are some of the brightest prospects at the club.

Haris Vuckic(AMC/ST) - Could be the greatest export of Slovenia. With potential to be as good as anyone, big things are expected from the 17 year old.
Yven Moyo(AML) - Signed from under the noses of several big clubs, Yven comes with a huge reputation, and huge ability.
Tamas Kadar(D LC) - very promising all-round defender. Entering his fourth season at the club.
Aaron Spear(ST) - hot striker, hoping to follow in the footsteps of the great forwards who have blessed the club in the past.
Fraser Forster(GK) - Currently at Celtic, has all of the attributes to be world class.

After now looking at the squad, I now can see where I can sell and buy. the players I will try and offload this summer are -

Leon Best
James Perch(loan)
Ole Soderberg
Ryan Donaldson
Alan Smith

I will also look to loan out some of the backup/youth players so they can gain valuable match experience.

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:53 PM ----------

VUrSa.png

TOON PRE-SEASON SUMMARY

014b5d5695ee9ba8c07718120c122c06.jpg

Carroll's goalscoring exploits continued through pre-season

Newcastle's pre-season games were largely successful, with some very good results. The fans finally got to see some of the club's young stars, as well as some trialists. Five wins, one defeat, a very promising start for Newcastle's new manager Stuart Watson.

wq7KR.png
\

Pre-Season Star

Such a good pre-season for many of the sides players, it was quite a tough job to pick out a single player. However six goals in four appearances gives Andy Carroll the edge.

Andy%2BCarroll%2B%2528Profile_%2BAttributes%2529.jpg

Transfer Summary

For all of the football the team has played, everyone wants to know the transfer dealings.

AJs67.png

The market saw Newcastle united bring in a plethora of new players, a mixture of tomorrow's stars, shrewd acquisitions, and some experience.Below are the transfers that stand out -

Enzo Maresca CM/DM - Free Transfer

qrekE.png

Experienced Italian is now at his ninth club, after spending time with Cagliari, West Brom, Bologna, Piacenza, Fiorentina, Sevilla, Olympiakos, and also three stints with Juventus.

Christian Benitez - ST - 1.5m from Santos Laguna

lOzqN.png

Electric frontman, who spent last season at Birmingham City on loan. Could be a shrewd signing for Newcastle United.

Zargo Toure - DM/MC - 500k from USBCO

CqVP5.png

Young talented midfielder who has caught the eye of many clubs in France. After outbidding Lyon, Montpellier and Auxerre, this player is set for a big future.

Taufic Guarch - ST - 850k from Estudiantes Tecos

w3TBb.png

Another huge prospect, with a great balance of speed, skill, strength and bags of potential, many are waiting to see his impact.

With a grand total of 6.675m spent, 17 players joining, 3.31m income form sales/loans. With 8 or 9 of those new signings going into the first team squad, the other 8/9 will be given reserve/youth team action or loaned out to give them experience.

Last edited:
Nice enjoying the story, pero yo te voy a dejar comments en espanol :p, buena suerte en el futuro

Nice enjoying the story, pero yo te voy a dejar comments en espanol :p, buena suerte en el futuro

Vale, espero que siga leyendo amigo. Ya he completado la mayor parte de la primera temporada, así que se irá actualizando regularmente:)

yapo no voy a vistar aca regular mente, hasta que tengas el blog,
PS - soy mas o menos a escribiendo el espanol

Good start StuW good luck with it I followed your last story the joint one if im not mistaken ? If I am right I expected a better start to your story although it was Decent our last one was outstanding. None the less I will be following.

Nice stuff Stu. :)

I'm following with interest.

By the way, how did you sell Best because he always fails his medical for me. (Injury)

Nice stuff Stu. :)

I'm following with interest.

By the way, how did you sell Best because he always fails his medical for me. (Injury)

Using new DB I am ready to release with updated injuries for all Prem teams, and other stuff.

good luck im following can i just ask where did u get that grey skin from?

Good start StuW good luck with it I followed your last story the joint one if im not mistaken ? If I am right I expected a better start to your story although it was Decent our last one was outstanding. None the less I will be following.

yeah, well, I don't want to put too much effort into a story that will be closed in a few weeks.

Fair point mate, Will you not just carry it over onto a blog though ?

Fair point mate, Will you not just carry it over onto a blog though ?

Yeah, my blog is already running, but I am starting it here to generate some interest.

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:51 PM ----------

Now I will show you the three tactics I have decided to use this season.

4-4-2

CjxPR.png

A fluid, attacking formation that will use the width to defeat teams, with a Target Man and a Poacher.

4-5-1

vdzIA.png

A more defensive formation, dropping one of the Strikers in favour of a Defensive Midfielder to add more stability in the Defence.

4-4-1-1

HDQcz.png

A formation I am still working on. From the use I have had from it, it is very good against the 'big 4'. Hopefully will give me a chance to pick up some points.

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

VUrSa.png

AUGUST REVIEW

A tricky start to the new season, with an away game against Liverpool to start, before a trip to rivals Sunderland, and wrapping up the month with a home match against Wolves.

MATCHES

LIVERPOOL 1-0 NEWCASTLE
Fabricio+Coloccini.jpg

Coloccini looking disappointed after late winner

Newcastle's first game since their return to the top flight saw them go down by a solitary late goal to Liverpool. Newcastle looked resilient throughout the game, and it wasn't until Dirk Kuyt hit an 88th minute header that the side looked troubled. Flashes of magic from loanee Hatem Ben Arfa early got the fans in good voice.
4t2AN.jpg
hbRp4.jpg

SUNDERLAND 1-2 NEWCASTLE - Nolan(39), Benitez(76)
Newcastles-Kevin-Nolan-ce-001.jpg

A true captain's performance from Nolan

Newcastle United took the North-East bragging rights after a fantastic 2-1 win against fierce rivals Sunderland at the Stadium of Light. Kevin Nolan opened the scoring with a driven shot from the edge of the area after 39 minutes. Ghanaian striker Asamoah Gyan levelled after 55 minutes with a clever striker. Ecuador forward Christian Benitez then struck the winner with 76 minutes on the clock, beating two defenders before passing it beyond Mignolet.
oIFuM.jpg
VBAWQ.jpg

Carling Cup
NEWCASTLE 2-0 SCUNTHORPE - Lovenkrands(18), Abdellaoue(26)
peter-lovenkrands-111831083.jpg

Lovenkrands opened the scoring

Newcastle passed through tot he third round after a straightforward win against Scunthorpe. Peter Lovenkrands scored after 18 minutes with a simple striker, before debutant Mostafa Abdellaoue struck 8 minutes later to double the lead. Scunthorpe never got back into the game, and Newcastle eased into the next round.
O840b.jpg
d9Ci7.jpg

NEWCASTLE 4-1 WOLVES - Ben Arfa(25, 39), Benitez(49), Carroll(66)
392930180-soccer-barclays-premier-league-everton-v-newcastle-united-goodison-park.jpg

Ben Arfa was absolutely brilliant, with two goals.

Newcastle picked up a third win in succession, after hammering Wolves by 4 goals to one at St James' Park. ben Arfa scored a well taken volley after a goalmouth scramble, before he doubled his tally with an exquisite lob from the edge of the area after 39 minutes. Benitez then increased the lead, breaking the offside trap to plant it beyond Hennessey. Local hero Andy Carroll then wrapped the game up with a strong header from a corner. Doyle scored a late consolation for the visitors.
BXUyW.jpg
RMGG4.jpg

Player of The Month - Christian Benitez
christian%20benitez.jpg

Two very well taken goals for the new signing. Looked very active, and hassled defenders constantly. Could very well be a huge player this season.

good story:D I cant find out how you put pictures on. It keeps failing for me:( can u tell me how you do yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.