How to play Llorente and Isco - Tottenham

welkro

Reaction score
Hi all,

I cant get Llorente to scor many goals at Tottenham, using him as lone striker in a 4-5-1 formation with wingers (Ben arfa, Bale).. Which player role should I use for him, and should I set him as target man beside his player role?

How to play Isco? I am playing with 2xMC, 1 ballwinning and thinking of playing Isco as AP with Attack.. Do anyone have experience with him? And should I retrain him for that position?

Thanks

Isco - AP Attack or MC attack / support. Depends what you want really mate.

Make Llorente target man and tick the 'target man' box on your team instructions. Play the ball to him mixed

Thanks Joe,

How will it work playing only 1 striker as a target man, will he create space for the wingers og IF?? And will he try to score?

Thanks Joe,

How will it work playing only 1 striker as a target man, will he create space for the wingers og IF?? And will he try to score?

He may work better if you use him as an advanced forward if you want him finishing more. Keep the team settings as having him ticked as target man, but choose his role as advanced forward :)

If you use a target man with only two wingers on the side, you're to easy to defend because you depend on crossings to his head. The gap with the two MC's is to big, so you'll be only dangerous over the wings.

If you play with a target man, you should put on a AMC, or number 10 figure. the two MC's behind him, use them as playmakers fot the defence. You will have great build up play, with danger from the wings and danger through the middle: you can play the ball to the target man, he comes in the ball and the AMC goes deep in the penalty area. You have a lot more possebilitys.

If you have a lonely striker, he has to be very very good, like messi, to score all on his own.

Isco is best in the hole behind the striker (ie AMC) in my experience

^this. Isco has been a consistent goal threat for me, firing in from the edge of the box and from free kicks as an AMC. He can still be a good option for MC even if you don't retrain him, but it is still a step lower than his natural spot.

What guus said.

I use a lone striker in my formation and it isn't idea, if you want him to be banging in goals. I play this only because all in all, it's the best formation for me.

The reason why it's hard for lone strikers to score a lot is because you effectively have two CD on him most of the time so it's hard to him to score.

^this. Isco has been a consistent goal threat for me, firing in from the edge of the box and from free kicks as an AMC. He can still be a good option for MC even if you don't retrain him, but it is still a step lower than his natural spot.

What these 2 said... I used Isco on as a treq. in the AM position/On the wing (I had either Wilshere or Isco in those 2, with both rotating in the PI) and both were amazing! Isco seemed to have too many long-shots which weren't threatening though, so I trained him to have the look for pass PPM, got bags of assists (Granted though my team were pretty-much free-scoring ;))

if you PPM Isco and let him passes more than shoot, then he is awesome as a AMC (AP), he can score some free kicks too.

Llorente is best played as a Advanced Forward but with the target man setting ticked. Then have two inside forwards playing with him on the wings. Isco is best played as an AP with attack duties. Both are class when played right!