Galactico's. Failure or success?

Will the new Galactico's era be a success or not?

• Success

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • Failure

Votes: 26 32.5%
  • Mediocre

Votes: 22 27.5%
  • Don't believe this is the start of a new Galactico era

Votes: 7 8.8%

• Total voters

19-11-08

loves anderson
Reaction score
So with Perez in charge, a world transfer record broken and almost every half decent player linked with Real Madrid it looks like a new Galactico era has begun.

so as in the short term the last one was a success but some people now view it as a failure as they eventually ended up not winning any trophies for three seasons in a row (the horror).Do you think they will be a success, failure, mediocre or do you think this will not be a new galctico era and they will not get any more galactico's.

La liga next year will be interesting as it will be barcelona's dream team 2 against possibly the galactico's 2.

Big money signings+Real Madrid=flops

well if they can get kaka, then they can get pretty much anyone, the only thing is i want to know where all the money is coming from, originally, madrid got alot of money because they sold theyre training grounds to the government for 50 times their worth because they were in debt... so wondering where the money is coming from now

true, the big names may be good in the forseeable future, but what is it going to do over 10, 15 and 20 years???

It doesn't matter how many good attacking players they have if their defence is still ****.
It amazes me that they continuously seek to improve their attacking ranks but fail to see their biggest problem that is their defence. Cannavaro has gone, so what are they left with ? Pepe and Ramos are their only decent defenders. Heinze should be shot, he is terrible, Miguel Torres? nothing more than a average backup, and Marcelo is more of a winger than defender. Ok Garay is coming back from loan but seriously people who are expecting a new era of dominance from Madrid can think again unless they get some top defenders.

NEW GALACTICO ERA = FAILURE

real madrid need a proven world class coach, not more expensive signings, they already have the players to do the job, they just lack direction. I don't know why they keep letting coaches who win titles go?????? A coach needs at least 5 seasons to do a good job, but these days yopu don't get that in football!!! And the whole philosophy of football at madrid is wrong, it should be about football not star signings!!! So i say this season they will finish 2nd, nothing more. Barca are way ahead of them and madrid need some years to catch up!!!

Last edited:
We just need to see there begining of the season if it will be a success or a epic failure ;)

And Barcelona is alot stronger then Real Madrid ,Real has not won a champions league title for some time and Barca did twice in 2006 and in 2009

I think it will be again a failure for Real Madrid all though they are a very strong team...

i hate real madrid full stop ....................

yet you put ...... after it oO)

Will be interesting to see if they can bring in the likes of Ronaldo and Villa now but like a previous poster said they really need to consider defence aswell.

I decided not to vote just yet..see where the next few weeks take us

They employed Sacchi as a 'technical director' last time. He warned them and warned them that they weren't creating a team but a group of very talented but limited individuals. Madrid knew better and went on to, erm, mediocrity.If they've learnt the lesson that they need to defend as a team, then they might do well. I don't reckon Madrid will ever learn that lesson though - they are still too much in thrall to the idea of players who only ever attack and don't track back to help in defence.

Ive heard that kaka didint have a choice to join milan or something like that ac milan were apparently in dept and they had to sell kaka and he had a choice between real madrid or man city and he decided to go to madrid after beckham persuaded him to go there instead of city.

Is this true? because i aint got a clue?

Ive heard that kaka didint have a choice to join milan or something like that ac milan were apparently in dept and they had to sell kaka and he had a choice between real madrid or man city and he decided to go to madrid after beckham persuaded him to go there instead of city.

Is this true? because i aint got a clue?
Apparently the club said to kaka that the best thing he could do for the club is leave to get a huge amount of money to help milan with their debt hence the reason no milan people are ****** that he has left

Apparently the club said to kaka that the best thing he could do for the club is leave to get a huge amount of money to help milan with their debt hence the reason no milan people are ****** that he has left

id say a fair amount of milan supported are probally ******, i would be

Thanks mate.

i thought there was something strange about the move.

Thanks mate.

i thought there was something strange about the move.
Yeah, because kaka always said he is very happy to stay i was like WTF! when he went to madrid then i heard what i told u and i was like ahh thats why then

Madrid has won two ligas in the past three seasons (all by last minute come back). With a very corrupt president (it may be the chance his corruption would get Real Madrid relegated, but I suspect if as unlikely as it is it were to be proven one part of the corruption wasn't for the president's private pocket but team any real action would be taken).

Allegedly they still have around 130M€ left to spend and next would be Villa, who would cost 30M€, which means they'll still have 100M€ left for other players

It will be no different because Barcelona play good football and will rule spain for another few years at least.

Prob a good 1st or second season but unless they can improve on defence then in the long term they will flop.

It doesn't matter how many good attacking players they have if their defence is still ****.
It amazes me that they continuously seek to improve their attacking ranks but fail to see their biggest problem that is their defence. Cannavaro has gone, so what are they left with ? Pepe and Ramos are their only decent defenders. Heinze should be shot, he is terrible, Miguel Torres? nothing more than a average backup, and Marcelo is more of a winger than defender. Ok Garay is coming back from loan but seriously people who are expecting a new era of dominance from Madrid can think again unless they get some top defenders.

NEW GALACTICO ERA = FAILURE

Agree totally.

they are well on their way to committing galacticide again, as one paper i remember reading a few years back put it,