GCSE Options

Raphael.

Reaction score
It's coming to that time of year when Year 9's have to pick their options. :p
I know there' quite a few of us on this site so meh.

I've gone for History and Geography. Plus Doing Citizenship tomoz + done Italian. :)
So what have you guys picked?

Oh and Joel, GodCubed and Dunc dont come saying GCSE's are a doddle wait for A-Levels. :p We know. :p

GCSEs are a doddle, ha beat them to it
I went for History, RE, Electronics and Spanish when I did GCSE. What History do they do for GCSE at your school?

GCSEs are a doddle, ha beat them to it
I went for History, RE, Electronics and Spanish when I did GCSE. What History do they do for GCSE at your school?

USA, Russia, Germany I know for certain I think the other is the UK... not to sure.
Ah I have to do R.E compulsory (catholic school) luckily I started this year so I finish it next year.

you do diff course to us. I did Medicine through time in year 10 and Germany 1918-1945. 2nd year as actually quite interesting. What time periods u doing? RE was my only A* :S I got A*, 7As and a B. Could have done better but couldn't be arsed to revise. I regret nothing

you do diff course to us. I did Medicine through time in year 10 and Germany 1918-1945. 2nd year as actually quite interesting. What time periods u doing? RE was my only A* :S I got A*, 7As and a B. Could have done better but couldn't be arsed to revise. I regret nothing

Not to sure the time periods although I'd imagine that we would be studying Germany WW1-WW2 and aftermath possibly. Not sure about the others. To be fair you results are pretty good.

Not to sure the time periods although I'd imagine that we would be studying Germany WW1-WW2 and aftermath possibly. Not sure about the others. To be fair you results are pretty good.

suppose I may be able to help if u ever need it next year. Yeah I'm happy with my results, they're basically meaningless now. Gotta get good AS results and then good A2 results :/

In my school, we do a 2 year course for History studying Germany WWI,WWII and Russia plus we learn on the history of colonialism in Asia but I live in Singapore so yea my syllabus should be way lot different from yours

suppose I may be able to help if u ever need it next year. Yeah I'm happy with my results, they're basically meaningless now. Gotta get good AS results and then good A2 results :/

Lol yeh... hopefully I get my A* 's & A's !! :p :D
I should be revising ATM LOL .... Citizenship tommorow morning... but meh **** that... I've done enough.

Lol yeh... hopefully I get my A* 's & A's !! :p :D
I should be revising ATM LOL .... Citizenship tommorow morning... but meh **** that... I've done enough.

revising for Citizenship? That's even more retarded than me revising for General Studies

revising for Citizenship? That's even more retarded than me revising for General Studies

Yeah fair point. I did a mock earlier in April marked by the teachers and I got 80%, (without any lessons, we didn't get any lessons lol just around 3 revision classes) + I went to a revison class on Saturday and had one yesterday and today so I should be prepared.

I'm doin' that now. Finished medicine, got an A. Doing Germany 1918-45, it's **** easy.

Yeah fair point. I did a mock earlier in April marked by the teachers and I got 80%, (without any lessons, we didn't get any lessons lol just around 3 revision classes) + I went to a revison class on Saturday and had one yesterday and today so I should be prepared.

It's just common sense :p I did it but I'm not gonna include it whenever asked about my GCSEs when applying for stuff
I'm doin' that now. Finished medicine, got an A. Doing Germany 1918-45, it's **** easy.

You do the exams in separate years? We both exams at end of year 11. Would have been useful to revise medicine actually :S meh still remembered enough

We picked our GCSE options in Year 8- I picked Drama, Spanish, Geography and IT.

We chose are options in year 8(this year) at my school. I choose Business Studies, Geography and Music Technology.

I would die for those GCSE's right now.

I picked Business (****, pretty easy though), Geography (****), History (good) and mandatory IT (Cida),

Doing my GCSE's now. I chose, IT, Music and Business Studies. I had to take triple science, maths, english, P.E and one other subject but it's pointless so it's not worth listing.

Do physics, chemistry, biology and maths. The only real subjects.

Also the compulsory ones. ;)

if you're worried then just cram before the exam. People who did that got like 100 UMS

Cramming is for tards, and even if you do revise isn't a good method.

You should learn your inbetweeners: [video=youtube;q1bros_nkxc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1bros_nkxc&feature=fvsr[/video]