donshaggy

Reaction score
What is it with these fake players on the german national team? their stats are immense and its virtually impossible to play against them? is this an error in the game or is it just me? :/

Max

As with previously installments of Football Manager, FM12 has a certain file that prevents you from managing the German national term and from current German players showing up in the national team, the applies to the Japanese national team. Fixing this is relatively simple, but the effects will only apply to games you have created after fixing it.

Go to:

Windows
Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012\data\db\1200\lnc\all

Mac
[username]>library>Application support>Steam>steamapps>common>football manager 2012>data>db>1200>lnc>all

Here you will find 3 or more files:

• fake.lnc
  • lic_dan_swe_fra.lnc
  • nleague.lnc.

To unlock the German national team simply delete the fake.Inc file before you create a new game. The other files cause similar restrictions but apply to different competitions so you may as well delete all the files in this folder.

Note: Official updates contain these files too, so if your game has been patched then you will have to delete the files again in the relevant update folder. For example if your FM12 gets updated to 12.1 version go to > Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012\data\updates\update-12.1\db\1210\lnc\all

As taken from the Fm-Scout website, I hope this helps :)

nice one mate... thanks! its probably late now as i am well advanced in my save but will delete it for future saves.

Thanks