eire59

Reaction score
I play a 4231 with wingers. I have a good bit of money now because I got taken over. My team is

Baumann

Santon Sakho Omer Toprak Tremoulinas

Tiote Cabaye

Nani Silva Bale

Tevez

I can beat every team apart from man utd man city and Liverpool with this tactic but I create no chances against the good teams and my defence becomes terrible. Btw i play a rigid attacking short passing pressing game with a normal defensive line and width

Despite my very limited knowledge of FM, I might be able to help, but am open to any changes you may suggest.

1. You seem to have brought in a lot of new players, they simply might not have gelled well enough to play well against the top teams. Centrebacks most of all are susceptible, especially if they don't speak the same language.

2. Playing attacking football against much better teams is suicidal. They'll simply soak up the pressure&exploit you on the break; try go a little bit more conservative with your approach. I usually go with a Balanced - Standard approach with More Disciplined creative freedom, so the players stick to their jobs&don't get carried away.

3. Team selection. If you're playing a big team, consider more hard-working&defensive minded players over your creative, flair players. For example, if I were managing Man Utd and I were playing, say, Norwich, I'd go with a midfield of Young-Carrick-Anderson-Nani, but against Inter Milan, I'd probably go with Park-Fletcher-Carrick-Valencia. You get what I mean?

By no means take my word as gospel (I am just as eager to learn as you are!) but that's just what I go for when I play FM, and I generally do quite well :)