Getting the best out of Martial

• Thread starter Thread starter Jesse
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 5K

Jesse

Reaction score
This is my first team and tactics. Last season I had Ibra up front as 1st choice and brought Martial on mainly as a sub and in games against weak opposition. He did pretty well but now he's the main he's struggling a bit. Anyone got any tips?

View attachment 108732View attachment 108731

Try him as a complete forward (support) rather than a False 9 he's slightly better in that role. Mind you I have him playing as an Inside Forward on the left in the supporting role and over the last 3 seasons he's been in double figures all 3 seasons but I do occasionally play him in the main forward position but usually as part of a 2 man frontline twinned with a defensive forward. Don't give up on him as he has got better each season as he matures.

Cheers for the advice pal, he ended up going on a bit of a spree and is doing ok but i'll experiment with CF(S). Depay was pretty monstrous last season and has kept it up this which is why I had him on the left instead. But he's not developing well, his WR went down to 11 which I can't have so I've bought Morata for £50mil (coming end of the season) and will push martial out to the left

View attachment 105911 View attachment 105912

Back