Reaction score
This seems to happen a lot to me in the Cups when I play the big games. Now I wonder whether it is the squad I use and team talk before hand or are Giant Killings easy in FM11 cause it seems easier than 10.

So far as Gillingham in League One these are the teams I have beaten in the cup (League Two my team did badly in cups):
Watford (Top of Championship)
Ipswich (Bottom of Premiership)
Pourtsmouth (Top of Championship)
Hull (Mid Table Premiership)

Those were all from League one. Is this common to beat big teams. Obviously there's the factors like I swap round my players round to play the ones with best mental ability, and the re match team talk I do. However I don't use wonder tactics cheat or d anything that would be classed as "cheating". Obviously I had good morale at this time and my squad is very good however Hull should not have lost to me in theory.

Has anyone else had some good cup runs with low down teams.

I think the higher sides are playing weaker teams and focusing on the league.

Naah I looked on their squads, they were their first choice teams, and these were all the FA Cup, so it's not the Carling Cup.

yeah i just beat Newcastle and Fulham with me Leeds Side and am facing Tottenham in the FA Cup Semi-finals and crossing my fingers for another giant killing although I am not 2 hopeful

I play 4-4-2 :p no cheating as I said./

What I do do is change some players to have higher mental attributes and don't say wish luck or you can win this, it doesn't work. Pre match talks, btw, look at Wolfgan's I think it was team talks guide, it really helps.

I do have Borini though who is incredible.

I play 4-4-2 :p no cheating as I said./

What I do do is change some players to have higher mental attributes and don't say wish luck or you can win this, it doesn't work. Pre match talks, btw, look at Wolfgan's I think it was team talks guide, it really helps.

I do have Borini though who is incredible.
: I signed Borini on a free transfer, he was awful and had a high wage bill :p

And I suppose, you could just be a very good manager? On the day, its probably down to motivation and team talks ;)

Yeah I know what you mean mate.
On my Coventry save I beat Fulham, Blackburn & Tottenham before getting beat in The FA Cup Final against Chelsea.

Here are the screenshots of the matches and some other stuff. Borini and Drinkwater are my two best players. I play 4-4-2 and I played some with different tactics but you can see that these seem quite common, even if it is just one or two leagues above they have better players, overall, and all were playing there main squad, so it seems weird to happen four times.

nice, is that craig beattie from swansea or rangers good signing too.