GK suggestions for Southampton Season 1 in Prem with LFCMarshall's summer update

Carozzi

Reaction score
I am looking for suggestions for a goalkeeper who can replace Kelvin Davis as number one at the start of the first season. I am using LFCMarshall's summer update so Southampton start in the premiership. I have a budget of £16million.

How much of that budget are you looking to spend on just a GK? Could get Maxym Koval for a large portion of it, although I usually raid a championship team of their keeper, like Jason Steele from Middlesbrough.

Get steele our Butland both really good keepers and maybe Amos has a 2nd keeper and all english

fraiser forster? he normally turns out good, and can get him for less than 2m. ter stegan? he might not come though. adler might be able to get on a free if your lucky. might be able to get say paul robinson or someone depending on who got relegated

depending on how long term you are looking Mark Schwarzer can be picked up for a couple of mill

Just going to jump on the back of this as I am also Southampton and my first season in the EPL, July 2012

The options so far are
David Ospina 7.5 million 40k a week, 23 years old
Renan, 4 million, 13k a week, 21 years old
Tim Krul, 12-15 million, 45k, 24 years old
Yann Sommer, 5 million and 15k
Ron Robert Zieler, 15-20 million, 50-60k a week

Not all players will come to Southampton of course as the rep is still national

I've already signed a young 19 year old, Patrick Rakovsky for the future for 1.1 million
I get bored going for the usual aphonse arelo

thanks!

Thanks for all the suggestions, will have take a look at a few of the keepers suggested

The south African national keeper Khune is good but not outstanding. Good for mid table though and only 350k and like 7k a week so really cheap