FM 2010: What Do You Want To See?

1. Go back to showing the kit on match overview

2. Be able to spend the wages you earn, for example 1.learn new languages 2.Take coaching badges to upgrade skills 3.any other ideas?

3. Make players more open to be sent on loan or be transfered and not just rot in reserves

To be able to tell a club that you are NOT selling a certain player after 1 or even 2 bids, and have the board and the player in question CONFIRM that he is not going anywhere.

For example:

I'm Arsenal
Transfer window opens
R. Madrid want Nasri
Bid for 12m - Rejected
Issue hands off warning
Bid for 13m - Rejected
Issue hands off warning
Bid for 15m - Rejected
Issue hands off warning
Bid for 13m - Rejected
Issue hands off warning
Bid for 15m - Rejected
Issue hands off warning
Bid for 16m - Rejected
Issue hands off warning
etc etc until the final minute of the transfer window.

After the 300th TIME i'm very bored and frustrated. So it would be nice to get confirmation from your board and the player, and have them issue a statement saying they are NOT FOR SALE. And that the other club, and any other club interested gets the message.

like instead of choosing a picture, i rekon you should be able create your oown face like on fifa and havepersonal life like on fifa manger o and why not have a real premier league with badges, kits and at least key players player facesand choose your own feeder and parent club instead of having to waitv a COUPLE seasons, and you could attend training and help train players, maybe a quick sim instead of having to go on holiday

Last edited:

2. Be able to spend the wages you earn, for example 1.learn new languages 2.Take coaching badges to upgrade skills 3.any other ideas?

3. Make players more open to be sent on loan or be transfered and not just rot in reserves

1. I think they could easily do it where it includes the kit & the logo which would please everyone.

2. That's quite a good idea actually. It would definitely make wages useful. It's similar to the system they have on FM Live where you get experience and you use it to increase your stats.

ye its not the managers job but it would make the game alot better
i wouldnt say make stadium but like help design like ad massive tvs or balconys or commentator boxes an d choose a stadium sponsor

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Also like the one above to have ur Stadium in full detail. Like fifa or pro evo. It looks no gd jus being grey.
and add fans nt just subed players in the stand and a proper game intro

When you create a manager and you have the option to have past experiences like:
Sunday league
Semi pro..... and so on
It would be nice to have a more in depth manger history, like having your managers player stats for the teams he had played for and how many appearances and goals.
Maybe choosing his old position, e.g Striker and now when ever you sign a striker he (the striker) will benefit more from playing under you and develop quickly.

Love these ideas.

two of mine.
1) able to attempt to capure markets(asia, american, etc) thru playing friendlies there.

2) better chance of winning ban appeals..(i don't know about you guys, but I have won an appeal even once before.)

like instead of choosing a picture, i rekon you should be able create your oown face like on fifa and havepersonal life like on fifa manger o and why not have a real premier league with badges, kits and at least key players player facesand choose your own feeder and parent club instead of having to waitv a COUPLE seasons, and you could attend training and help train players, maybe a quick sim instead of having to go on holiday

Football Manager will never have Premier League badges and faces etc... EA Sports own the image rights and it just wouldn't be financially beneficial for Sports Interactive to acquire them.

I don't think a quick sim option would be right for FM. I feel that if a player has to skip matches then they aren't playing the game correctly.

i think really the suggestions should be more focussed away from trying to make fm like fifa or pro evo seing as the games arn't nearly the same

I do believe they've already announced there is going to be a tactics "wizard" based on the TT&F documents in FM2010.

I would like a revamped media interaction and a less predictable match engine. Other than those 3 things I can't see anything that is essential, but there are a few things that would make it more enjoyable, like some of the suggestions in here.

The whole stadium design idea, that is not a manager's job at all so it won't be added to a management simulation. And people who say it would make it more fun, you're only going to be doing it once if you're lucky, you can't expect a new stadium every season!

to be able to create stadium and what capitcy and ticket prices how much you want to sell season tickets for

to be able to create stadium and what capitcy and ticket prices how much you want to sell season tickets for

It's a Manager game. Those aren't the things you should be concerned with.

To be able to design your own stadium, like in LMA manager.

Also to be able to sign your own sponsor for kits and stuff? Mabe to be able to change the colour of your away kit every other season.

1.stadium design sort of like lma or something along those lines
2. being able to choose your kit sponsor .

i think they shud let you chose your sponser and also you should be able to build a new ground and actually see it like fifa and pes

Jesus Christ, if you want it like LMA, play LMA!! All of the above suggestions (all stupid by the way) aren't things that a manager does!! We get these every year-they will never be brought in cos its a management game! If you want those things, write to SI and ask them to make a game called Football Chairman or Football Chief Executive. Alex Ferguson and Rafa Benitez don't build expansions to OT or Anfield now do they? Nor do they have any kind of important say in who the sponsor is.

Now, proper suggestions:

BRING BACK SIDE ARROWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Team talks for players you are about to bring on? e.g. If you are going for the game and bringing on a striker, something like 'go and get a goal', 'shoot on sight etc', or if you arre defending a lead 'Don't be careless' 'Be sensible and time-waste', things like that.

I think it might be worth them changing the training again-I don't know, but I just find it hard to get into. Like it used to be maybe with morning sessions, practice games before a big game etc.

FIFA Manager is just silly, nobody really cares if they get an option to go and play some golf it's just retarded. If you want that in your game just go and play FIFA Manager.

i want to see faster match play coz i think that when you are playing a game it dose take a while i mean no too long but it shud go faster

I do believe they've already announced there is going to be a tactics "wizard" based on the TT&F documents in FM2010.

I would like a revamped media interaction and a less predictable match engine. Other than those 3 things I can't see anything that is essential, but there are a few things that would make it more enjoyable, like some of the suggestions in here.

The whole stadium design idea, that is not a manager's job at all so it won't be added to a management simulation. And people who say it would make it more fun, you're only going to be doing it once if you're lucky, you can't expect a new stadium every season!

totally agree!
i think moving ad-boards would be quite cool as well!

i don't think this counts as a feature but i would like it to be possible for you or your players to get on icons\legend list of your club without having to score a billion goals (player) or take a team from league two to the champions league (manager)

Sligthly trival and a bit FIFA'y but maybe a choice of holiday destination a fancy a few weeks in the carribean ^^)

Some of the things I really want them to do are...

- A more up to date and user friendly skin. They need to get rid of the current clunky and database style skin set up. A whole revamp is needed.
- Set up an easier tactic system for beginners. Like seen on PES 2009 where you can choose a few settings and it creates a tactic suited to your needs.
- lots more to come :)

Dunno if you play FMLive Sean but have you seen the tactic builder on that? Something like that would be good for beginners.

I havent read the other posts so I may be repeating some points..

Not having to wait 6 months if you fail to get a feeder/parent club.

Cypriot leagues, more African leagues and more lower leagues in most countries.

Huge database without having to download the file.

Manager profiles same as AI managers.

A journeyman game mode.

Introduce Charity matches i.e Europe Vs South America, Legends etc etc.

Interviews with players before you sign them. For example, when Man Utd and Arsenal where battling it out for Aaron Ramsey he obviously like Wengers youth policy and thought he more chance of first team football with them then Utd, through his chat with Arsene.

Job interviews.

A complete revamp of the outrageously repetitive press conferences.

Better Training engine.
More in-depth, more options. More feedback. The ability to organize proper pre-season tours, training camps etc.

Select the languages you speak without having to add Nationalities.

Disable Man City. :D

Side arrows. Although i do have a file that gives me bendy arrows.

More PPM like cut inside, hog the line etc.

More balanced regens in terms of stats.

Some premade scenarios.

If you resign from a club a press conference is called asking your reasons why.

Talk to your subs before they come on and telling them to warm up.

More than one favoured clubs.

Being able to add favourite players/staff to tour profile.

You being abke to take a certain part of training.

Fix the stupid mentality and cretive freedom sliders.

Take over as a real manger i.e. Wenger at Arsenal, Fergie at United and so on..

Cba to type anymore..

Last edited:
If SI games could somehow unite with EA games so there will be a game playing fusion option just like in TCM 05 and FIFA 05