liam_engleby

Reaction score
Sunderland have confirmed the signing of their new manager Liam Engleby following Steve Bruce's departure, rumoured to be because of personal reasons. As Engleby is a passonate Sunderland fan, has stated that this is his dream job and hopes he can do the club proud. It is rumoured that he has been given £13.25 million to spend on new faces.

Sunderland (3) vs Sunderland Reserves (0): Bent:2, Malbranque
A good solid first game with the reserves putting up no challenge against the lads. Bent scored two powerful shots and Malbranque dominated the midfield, creating many chances for the lads. Hopefully these are good signs for things to come.

Last edited:
Signing of manager?!

Good luck anyway!

Players Coming and Going
Sunderland have confirmed that Wigan have signed David Healy on a loan deal for £400k, with a possible permanant move for £3 million. Engleby has also confirmed the signing of spanish youngster Marc Muniesa from Barcelona for £20k. Engleby has stated that he believes that Marc will develop into a top class player and that he is always looking to build for the future.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

cheers guys, btw this is my first thread so bare with me!!

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:25 PM ----------

Sunderland (3) vs Stirling Albion (1): Reid, Malbranque, Young (OG) - Young
Another good performance, especially when going forward but abit dissapointed about conceding late on.

Sunderland (0) vs Standard Liege (2): Camargo (2)
Very poor performance as Standard dominated in all areas of the pitch. Will be expecting more in the next game against Lincoln.

Sunderland (3) vs Lincoln (0): Zenden, Bent, Jones
Much better performance from Sunderland. We created many chances and should have scored more. Sunderland have also confirmed the signing of midfielder Jakob Poulsen for £3.5 million. Liam annouced that he was very pleased to be able to sign someone of good quality and should create more competition for places in the squad.

I'll follow! Sunderland are a decent challenge! One thing i'd suggest is look to bring in more English players as the teams in the EPL have far too many foriegn stars as it is!

Sign David Wheater, Jamie O'Hara, Onhuoha, Jordan Spence, Gosling, Downing and Whilshire(on loan obv) at some point throughout your story! These young ENGLISH stars will help u push on!