Golden Oldies Challenge

DMF

@dmf180593
Reaction score
Using Free Agents Database!

Daniel Feliciano was today appointed manager of newly reformed football team Manchester United after they folded just last month. They have no players and Feliciano has said that he is looking to bring in some "golden oldies*" to boost his squad with experience as well as potential threat and back up.

Transfer Gossip

After Daniel Feliciano's statement that he is looking to bring in some golden oldies to his Manchester United squad rumours have started flying. David Beckham, Roberto Carlos, and Ronaldo are just some of the names flying out of the hat and supposedly towards Old Trafford.

* Golden oldie is anyone aged 31 or over at the point of signing them.

manchester-united-crest.jpg

Last edited:
god luck mate, neville is a golden oldie, figo and viera

Good luck.

Your team will have loads of experience and should do very well

i've got some ideas of who to get, but you'll have to wait and see who it is :)

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Thanks Danny, only downer is that loads of teams are going to have superhuman teams because of the database.

New updates coming when i have a starting 11

TRANSFER UPDATES!

Manchester United have today confirmed no less than four top signings. Roberto Carlos has joined on a free transfer after recently being released by Turkish outfit Fernebache. Robert Pires, the former Arsenal playmaker, has also joined on a free transfer after Villarreal released the midfielder after an injury-hit spell in Spain. Filipo Inzaghi is a shock signing on a free transfer after his contract at AC Milan expired recently and finally David Beckham made an emotional return to Old Trafford this afternoon after his free transfer from the LA Galaxy, after he negotiated the release from his contract from the American club. He has been given his old Number 7 shirt back "to bring back the good ol' days" to put it into Mr.Feliciano's words.

More news to follow...

Viera, Tristan, Coupet, G Neville, Van Nistelrooy, Zenden, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Juninho, Van Der Sar, Lauren (?), Sol Campbell, Beckham, Scholes, Giggs, Bordon, Lucio, Henry (?), Nedved, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Hypia, Ballack (?), Gallas, Silvestre, Almunia, Drogba (?), Shevchenko, Puyol, Sylvinho, Emerson, P Neville (?), Heskey, Roberto Carlos.

TRANSFER GOSSIP!

Manchester United have announced 6further signings in the last 48 hours.

Fabio Cannavaro, Ronaldo, Juninho Pernambucano, Belletti, Jens Lehmann and Patrick Vieira have all joined.
Former Arsenal skipper Patrick Vieira had this to say on his move to the Old Trafford club," It's a great opportunity for me. I've been out of football for a few months after what happened at Inter Milan and now I'm ready to do a good job for Manchester United."
After being asked about whether he thought about the Arsenal fans while considering the move, he replied simply. "No, not at all."

More to follow...

Feliciano to tempt Zidane out of retirement?

Sources close to Manchester United are claiming that new manager Daniel Feliciano could attempt to lure Zinedine Zidane out of retirement by offering him a key role in Manchester United's reformation. Zidane, who bowed out of the game in disgust after headbutting Marco Materazzi in the 2006 World Cup final, refused to comment on the rumour thus fueling speculation he could be set to make a spectacular return to the footballing world.
In other news, Rivaldo has joined Manchester United on a free transfer. Daniel Feliciano has said that he will act as back up to the midfield and strikers.

More to follow...

how'll you manage to get Zidane out of retirement? didnt even know you could do that haha

I can't lol.. hence the rumour. Just to give the story something else lol

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Manchester United today confirmed the signing of two more players.
Ex-Chelsea goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini has signed and will provide cover for Jens Lehmann. Sol Campbell has also joined on a free transfer insuring that Fabio Cannavaro has a partner at the heart of the Manchester United defence.

In other news, Daniel Feliciano has today quashed rumours that Zinedine Zidane may be joining the Red Devils. "That is the biggest load of rubbish i've ever heard in my life. Zidane is a director at Real Madrid and ended his career 2 years ago on the grandest stage of them all. He will not be joining Manchester United."

zinedine-zidane.jpg

ahhh, just adding a bit of media rubbish to the thread? :p fair play haha

Over 31 isnt THAT old
Your defence & GK will be amazing lol
You should make it Over 34 :p

over 34 is too hard.. lol give me a break
and yh just to give it a bit of a kick thought i'd put in a false rumour. who knows, more may come ;)

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Daniel Feliciano has moved further to quash rumours of Zinedine Zidane's arrival to Manchester - by signing Marco Materazzi! The Italian hardman has joined on a free and will provide stern competition at the heart of defence for Fabio Cannavaro and Sol Campbell. Surely Zidane won't join now that his 'nemesis' is at the Red Devils.

20080619142804!Marco_Materazzi_flickr.jpg

Why dont you sign bordon, much better than the other 3

Clarence Seedorf has signed for Manchester United. "I've come here, not to be back up to Patrick and not to be back up to Juninho. I've come here to be first choice and be the best player I can possibly be for this football club." Daniel Feliciano called him a "model professional" and said "he couldn't wait to work with a magician like Seedorf"

imgClarence%20Seedorf1.jpg

More to follow...

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

(A)
Why dont you sign bordon, much better than the other 3

because im currently in negotiations with him. lool. Thanks for that Tiraths. Hoping to have a very strong back line, as my goal keeper isn't the strongest. Any suggestions for a goalkeeper?

Federico Vilar is a lesser known Gem
Obvious choice is buffon/ enke