Good gaming rig?

Reaction score
Since my old PC is as good as dead and I finally have some cash, I am planning to buy a new desktop. I just wanted advice from any experts on here whether the following is a good buy or not:

Processor
Intel Core i7 2600K 3.4 GHz
Processor Main Features64 bit Quad-Core Processor
Cache Per Processor8MB L3 CacheMemory8GB
Hard Drive 1TB
Optical Drive 24x DVD±R/±RW
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB
Audio Sound card - Integrated
Ethernet Gigabit Ethernet
Power Supply 600W
Keyboard Xtreme Gear USB Keyboard
Mouse Xtreme Gear USB Mouse
Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
Special Features Thermaltake Commander Gaming Case
Motherboard Chipset Intel Z68CPU
Audio Audio Channels7.1 Ch AudioCommunications
LAN Chipset Integrated
LAN Speed10/100/1000MbpsFront Panel PortsFront USB2Back Panel
Ports PS/21Rear USB2 x USB 3.0
4 x USB 2.0RJ451 port
ExpansionPCI Slots (Available/Total)2x PCI-e x16
3x PCI-e x1
2x PCI

The price is $800 or about £513. Now I'm not so great with the internal workings of a computer which is why I choose to buy a pre-built one rather than assembling one, which may end up being cheaper.

So what are your thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
that a hardcore gaming pc or what. i7, 1tb hardrive, and epic video card. imo, looks great.
edit: how much ram does it have, 8GB ??

Last edited:
very nice rig for quite cheap. where from? surpirsed that the power supply can support that rig tbh, basically means you won't be able to upgrade it all probably.

very nice rig for quite cheap. where from? surpirsed that the power supply can support that rig tbh, basically means you won't be able to upgrade it all probably.
Power supply should easily run that, my old PC was pretty similar and pretty much never used more than 400ish.

Anyway back on topic, looks a fairly solid starting rig.

Building your own PC is pretty straight forward unless you're looking into adding liquid cooling and extra lights/fans etc which take up more room and a little more planning.

Power supply should easily run that, my old PC was pretty similar and pretty much never used more than 400ish.

Anyway back on topic, looks a fairly solid starting rig. Does it say what make the PSU is? if it's a ****** brand it may not even produce 600W :/

Building your own PC is pretty straight forward unless you're looking into adding liquid cooling and extra lights/fans etc which take up more room and a little more planning.

600W for an i7 and an HD 6850? Running quite tight for my liking but that's just me.

Where from mate you got the link, I'm looking at for a Gaming p.c!

Looks very good for the price.

600W for an i7 and an HD 6850? Running quite tight for my liking but that's just me.

I run a 600W for an overclocked Phenom II 955 @ 3.7 and a HD 6970, should be fine for him.

Looks very good for the price.

I run a 600W for an overclocked Phenom II 955 @ 3.7 and a HD 6970, should be fine for him.

fair enough. still interested to know what make the PSU is

If you're going to play some first person shooters like BF3 or MW3, I would definitely buy a Radeon HD 6950 or 6970 instead...

Agree with the above, the 6850 is a very mediocre card although it would run MW3 very well at max, but not BF3.

Still though, very good price for what you are getting there.

I miss buying electronics from american stores..everything's so expensive in england! XD

that a hardcore gaming pc or what. i7, 1tb hardrive, and epic video card. imo, looks great.
edit: how much ram does it have, 8GB ??

Yeah, the RAM is 8GB.

Anyway back on topic, looks a fairly solid starting rig.

Well, I've read a lot of comments about people suggesting that it's better if you built one, but ordering and putting together all the parts just seems quite daunting to me.

fair enough. still interested to know what make the PSU is

It doesn't write what make the PSU is in the listing but I'm hoping it's something decent, although I might upgrade it in the future.
Agree with the above, the 6850 is a very mediocre card although it would run MW3 very well at max, but not BF3.

Still though, very good price for what you are getting there.

Well, I'd love to get a better GPU but for the price, like you said, this seems a good deal. Plus I can always upgrade my GPU in the future.

I miss buying electronics from american stores..everything's so expensive in england! XD

Good old Newegg. :)

This is the place and the original listing: Newegg.com - CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme 1322 (GX1322) Desktop PC Intel Core i7 2600K(3.40GHz) 8GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

OMG, im amazed tbh, to get a i7, and nearly the same specs as this pc will shoot up to $1500+ here in canada. any chance this pc will be shipped to the great white north ;)

OMG, im amazed tbh, to get a i7, and nearly the same specs as this pc will shoot up to $1500+ here in canada. any chance this pc will be shipped to the great white north ;)

Haha, yeah it does seem a good deal. I don't know tbh whether they ship to Canada but you can always ask their customer service. Who knows, you might get lucky. :)

Haha, yeah it does seem a good deal. I don't know tbh whether they ship to Canada but you can always ask their customer service. Who knows, you might get lucky. :)

well i check in newegg.ca, same version, but for canda, and free shipping too.

but apparently, no i can a cheap one close to those specs. most of them go to 1500+ mostly ;(

*maybe i should have bought an dell/HP laptop with a free xbox 360 offer ;(

have you ever thought in buying an aleinware area 51 there beast i have one worth the money