Graphic card help...

• Thread starter Thread starter Henry8597
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2K

Henry8597

Reaction score
I have a gaming PC, everything is excellent on it except the graphic card which is not very good at all. The computer cost me just over £1,000, but has a graphics card that only costs £30. This was due to only wanting to play fm when i first bought it, but now i want to play other games aswell... Is there any suggestions for a good graphics card that will play all games for no more than £150?

You're gonna need to be a little more specific...

What is your current graphics card?

You may as well just post all your computer specs.

My graphics card is currently an ATI Radeon HD 5450
It has an Intel core i7-3820cpu overclocked to 4.20GHZ (8 cores)
has 60gb SSD
500gb hardrive
Asus P9X79 PRO Intel X79 (Socket 2011) DDR3 Motherboard
Onboard 7.1 Audio

HD 7850 is best bang for your buck. However if you are looking at Nvidia which I would recommend since you have intel cpu and motherboard something around GTX 560 or GTX 660

Okay thanks... What can I expect from these types of cards with my system??

What do you mean? In terms of performance? Well all those 3 cards are similar with the HD 7850 probably having a small edge you will be able to play most games on max settings so like Bioshock, Battelfield 3(probably at max not ultra) Skyrim etc

Okay, that's what I want!! I wish when I bought the PC I would've just spent the extra 100 on getting a better card so then I wouldn't have to mess about with it now

Yeah... that's what I meant ... I just want good performance on more graphic intense games

My graphics card is currently an ATI Radeon HD 5450
It has an Intel core i7-3820cpu overclocked to 4.20GHZ (8 cores)
has 60gb SSD
500gb hardrive
Asus P9X79 PRO Intel X79 (Socket 2011) DDR3 Motherboard
Onboard 7.1 Audio

I have done pretty much the same as you, I got a PC with my only gaming intent Football Manager, owever I'm now interested in Arma 3, GTA 4 with mods, and a few others.

My Specs were

Processor AMD FX 8350 (8 Core) not overclocked
Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD 5450
500gb Hard Drive

I did find that the HD 5450 works well for gaming for its price, and because the processor is a beast it plays some games it perhaps shouldnt.

The ATI Radeon HD 7770 is in your price game, it can play all modern games and max out some settings.

Back