Votes: 57 74.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 26.0%

• Total voters

Frank

Hobbs
Reaction score
fmbase2010_logo.png

After hearing many other podcasts, and also thinking that FM-Base needs something more to add to the site, I will try and start a series of podcasts, for you, the FM-Base community.

The podcast will not only feature things about the forum, but also news from the football manager and real life football world. **Hopefully we can have some guest appearances (maybe through skype), and maybe, it might just enhance the fm-b community. (or it could fall flat on it's **** and fail).

I would try and release the show weekly, or bi-weekly*, and should contain some cool content. Obviously i'm not exactly going to be the next Ricky Gervais, but it may just add something for those who really can't be bothered to read WALL OF TEXT, and prefer listining to my great voice.. :)s)

I'm throwing it out there, and I have all the tools needed, I just need yours and Sean's blessing..

Of course, this is just a thread to see if it would be interesting to any of you, I have not recorded anything, and if it's not something your interested in, please don't hesitate to say!!

THOUGHTS..?

Frank ;)

** - Hopefully Dunc ;)
* - Depending how well it goes

I love the idea of a podcast, I think it will make people more interested in the site. That's my opinion though.

sounds like a brilliant idea. I would listen all the time with intent :)

Not something I imagine I'll be too interested in, but I see the appeal for those of you who listen to podcasts. They're free, and sometimes you'd rather just listen than bother reading articles.

I'm quite surprised that FM-Base doesn't have an official podcast already. I expected to see one by now, in truth.

It would be great! It would be a lot of work though. Have you done anything like this before?

It would be great! It is a lot of work though. Have you done anything like this before?

Well, my brother has a mini ''recording studio'', and it's something I could try..!!

You've got to start somewhere ;)

i think its a great idea,something to listen to on the way to work and it will have great appeal to it i think

What programs/ equipment would you use to do this Frankie? Always been interested in Internet Radio, but can't find any free hosts.

Not my kind of thing tbh. Hope it takes of for you though Frankie if you get approval for it although I can imagine some of petty arguments that happen on this site now being aired on a podcast.

Great idea Frank, support you all the way :)

sounds like a pretty good idea
btw, may sound like a dumb question, but does podcasts need internet?:p

Only to download them. You can listen to them in .mp3 format.

could be great if done properly, but I'm not exactly sure on the content. It'd be great to 'remind' people of some of the forum rules that are frequently broken, and inform members of any recent rules that they may have missed (eg not posting CA/PA of players on fm11 demo)

I'd be interested, but you don't really want to tread on the toes of some of the admins and their excellent work.

Last edited:
It'll be difficult to keep them interesting. What exactly are you planning on focusing them on?

Are you doing them as a solo effort, or are you having a different guest speaker each podcast?

Will they be purely FM oriented or are you just going to talk generally?

Like Billy said it will be hard to keep it interesting and original. It could be great. Good luck with it Frankie hope it works. ;)