dave4787

Reaction score
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section but i've just started fm 2012 and was wondering.... Is there a GB team in the Olympics and if so are they managable?

Yes and the job can be applied for but in my game Big Sam gets the job

Really?! BIG SAM?? Obviously not wanting us to win it haha.... What about having a good first season? Any chance of making the cut? I remember in fm 10 if you had a good first season and England (albeit unrealistacally rarely) had a bad World Cup, the England job was possible

You have to wait till about May 2012 to apply for the job though

I got it in my Chelsea save and won the gold :D resigned straight after though so I dont know if you get sacked. If not I assume you just had to wait four years before playing any matches for them again?

And do you get to pick any British player? (obviously within Olympic rules).... The SFA and FAW block any players?

I jsut let Capello pick my squad lol but I had a few non English players in my team such as Ramsey and Bale.

I just made a new save to do it. Holiday (or play through) until 20th May 2012 then the job will open up and you can apply for it. If you make yourself English and international reputation you will definitely get the job. It's really easy to win, you will coast to the semi-final, the only serious opposition you can face is Brazil and Spain, and also Uruguay have a team that may cause you trouble but I wouldn't expect them to. I won every match by 5 or 6 goals until the final when I played Brazil. All British players are available, I picked Bale and Ramsey.

Also, you automatically relinquish the job just after the tournament finishes. They appoint a new coach for each Olympics tournament.

If you do manage them i reccomend Dale Jennings. He was in my squad and scored about 5-6 goals throughout the tournement :)

I got it in mine having won the league in my first season as Liverpool. Like people have said, its really easy to get to the final and at the final i beat a strong Brazil side 1-0. I also picked Bale and Ramsey but English players were better than anyone else from the home nations.

Yes, there is a team GB for the olympics 2012.
Applied for it and didnt get the job. Guess you have to start the game with the highest reputation( i started with automatic)

In the end Capello picked someone else, saying that the man will bring team GB forward..
In FM 11, to manage at international level, i have finish 2 seasons before my application for a job gets approve and i land th job :D

Harry Redknapp got the job in my game.He's chosen a really good squad, with Rooney, Bale, Ramsey, Wilshere, apart from goal where he got unknown 17-year old keepers :/
Funny thing though with the Olympics is that there are some big names on the benches like Redknapp and Guardiola for Spain, and they all quit their jobs in clubs :/ I really can't imagine that in real life.

I won promotion to the prem with southampton and applied, but alan curbishly got the job haha