Scouting players for lower leagues

R0gue

Reaction score
If the question has been answered, please point me in the correct direction.

My Question is.

I have been playing tier 9 league teams for a couple of seasons. Trying different tactics for finding reasonable players for my league.

Exercise 1 - going for the Scouts recommendation. 4 or 5 stars - after a few games they drop to 1 or 2 stars (does not work well) end 7th for the season.

Exercise 2 - Searching by some of the players Attributes. Tier 9 League 6-7 Attributes, eg Striker Pace*/Acc*. Tier 8 League, 7-8 attributes ETC right up to Premier. Taking no notice of what the Scout/Manager thinks. (Could be 1 gold star). Won the Northwest Counties (Tier 9 by 9pts)

Exercise 3 - Getting the scouts to search Countries. Tier 9, only allows England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. But searching by ability of 4+ Works but some of the stats are ****. But still get 4 or 5 stars. Won the Northwest Counties (Tier 9 by 24pts)

Though exercise 3 seems the best. You get little results back from players. As you progress through the Tier leagues, you need to constantly rest your players. Now I would like to know how you guys find reasonable players that will preform. Do you pick 3 good skills you want the player to have or another way.

I am just looking for your ideas. I do not need names of players just your tactics for finding player.
I know you need the scout to do the task.

Hope to get some replays