hugsy

Reaction score
Hello, im fairly new to FM, and just the other day i notice theres this classic tactic mode you can use. Anyways, is there advantange using this mode? or disadvantagens? And since you can tweek TC tactics sliders, why do people use classic mode?

Thx

As far as I know, there are no advantages of using one mode over another, because you end up with the same result. All the tactic creator does is take the instructions you give, ie short passing, hard tackling, and the roles you give your players, ie deep lying playmaker and apply them to the players instructions appropriately. In other words, you can have identical tactics created in Classic mode or in the tactic creator. When designing tactics, I use both modes, I use the tactic creator to set up the basis of my tactic, then convert to classic to make all the little tweaks and changes I want.

- There is no difference between a tactic using Tweaked sliders in the TC mode, and one in classic mode.
The main reason that I use Classic mode when tweaking sliders is because these tactics are for upload. This way, I can labell the roels and strategy in an opening post. If using tweaked sliders within the TC, well then there is a risk that people will missunderstand wantr players to use as they will look at the "roles" lablled by the TC rather than the actuall settings.

Now, I speaking about results, well then one gets a much better understanding when using the TC so for me, its a must when actually wanting to learn about the game and in the end getting better results.

Last edited:
I would always, always advise a new player to start with the TC.