Bury FC - Most dominant force in Lancashire??

End of season awards and the first couple of months in the new season to follow (i got abit carried away last night) Have to say the difference in quality is clear to see and it will be a long struggle.

What are peoples thoughts on this story? is anyone reading?

Yes! Just read through the whole thing then, you are doing wonders and as a Liverpool fan its nice to see you using some of our youth, look forward to seeing your signings for the championship

Brilliant job getting promotion in your first season, it took me 3 and even then I had to go through the playoffs. Currently 2nd in the Championship though so it's all good.

I found it funny that you had Abdul Razak on loan because I got him on a free transfer in the 2015/16 season, then managed to get 3mil for him from SK Rapid Wein (incidentally the highest transfer fee the club has ever received).

End of Season Awards
Final League Table

View attachment 295776

Team of the Season

View attachment 295779

Squad Report

View attachment 295778

Top Goalscorer!!

View attachment 295780

NEW CONTRACT

View attachment 295777

Bury FC Team of the year

View attachment 295784
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
English Premier League Winners: Manchester United
Relegated from Premier League: Norwich, Sunderland, Aston Villa
Promoted from Npower Championship: Blackburn, Derby, Hull
Relegated from Npower Championship: Crystal Palace, Ipswich, Derby
FA Cup Winners: Arsenal
Capital One Cup Winners: Arsenal
Champions League: Paris Saint-Germain
Euro Cup: FC Porto

Overall it has been an amazing season. We won the double!!! Lateef Elford-Alliyu has had an sensational season and David Healy will be missed next year.

I think that i will need to do alot of changing if we are to compete in the championship and to avoid the drop back down. I got offered a new contract, but had only asked for £500 per week to cut the costs for the club. Anyway bring on the championship and lets hope for another successful campaign!!!
**** ANY FEEDBACK AND COMMENTS ARE WELCOME, HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING MY STORY ****

Pre-Season/August Update
Season 2013/14

2030AD062185D711958BA42A243FB04C.jpg

Bury FC draw York away in the 1st round of the Capital One Cup
Tough start in the Championshp
Bring in some experience players

Club Information

Bury FC are predicted to finish the 2012/13 season in 24th place, and are the favourites for relegation.We are given a healthy budget to help stay in the league, and i will have to really on the key performers from last year in Lateef Elford-Alliyu, David Worrall and Mark Hughes to help us stay in the championship. I have to be realistic and admit that we are in for a fight this year and will do well to stay in the league, but i have every confidence in the players to get down and dirty for the results we need!!

View attachment 295792

Transfer's

View attachment 295791http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...-force-lancashire-bury-fc-transfer-aug-12.jpg

A very productive transfer window with a lot of activity!! 1st thing we had agreed to sign Chris Hogg and Ronnie Stam before the new season started but once at the club i realised i could do a lot better than them. Tommy Stewart is a really good signing and one who i will feel be a big star of the future!! I secure Paul Caddis, Luke Garbutt, Sean McGinty and Phil Neville on a free transfer, and the 1st thing i did was appoint Neville as the new captain of Bury FC! Coming in on loan was George Friend, Keith Treacy, Osawe and Ravel Morrison to add depth and quality to the team. Orismor Bhasera becomes the most expensive player ever bought and his versatility on the left hand side of the wing will be vital. Todd Kane is another one for the future who i felt i need to secure, and Danny Higginbotham will hopefully add much needed experience to the defence! Also my DoF picked up both Scott Robertson and Luca Scapezzi who i am not 100% convinced with.

Transfers out i am pleased with, alot was deadwood/youths who will now make it. I also managed to sell Giles Coke for a sum of £250K, brilliant amount of profit for a back-up player, and i also managed to seel Adam Lockwood again to Dundee Utd!

View attachment 295794View attachment 295803View attachment 295805View attachment 295806View attachment 295807
View attachment 295800View attachment 295801View attachment 295802View attachment 295804View attachment 295808View attachment 295798View attachment 295797View attachment 295796View attachment 295795

Friendlies

View attachment 295811
Fixtures

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capital One Cup Round 1

York 3 - 2 Bury
Elford-Alliyu 2

Not a start to the new season i had in my, we got humiliated by York and i let the team know how i felt after the match. We need to win these games to help boost morale and confidence. However on a postive note it was nice to see Elford-Alliyu pick up where he left off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Npower Championship

Brighton 2 - 0 Bury

Not exactly how i pictured our first game of the new league campaign! we got battered and never looked like winning, or even scoring!! we need some magic from somewhere!

Npower Championship

Bury 0 - 3 Aston Villa

Once again we got battered, we are struggling with the step up, and Villa's class shone through and proved why they should still be in the Barclays Premier League!! Sheff Wed up next who i am hoping we will give them a game!!

Npower Championship

Bury 1 - 2 Sheff Wed
Ibrahim

Well 3 games and 3 losses. Something needs to change! Ibrahim scored our 1st league goal of the campaign, and i am hoping we get a first win of the campaign soon before morale gets to an all time low and we stop believing we ahve the quality to stay up!

Npower Championship

Milwall 3 - 1 Bury
Elford-Alliyu

Well another game and another loss!!! Not really the start i wanted (i would have liked at least a couple of points on the board). We only managed 2 goals this month, and our strike force last year was brilliant, should i have let David Healy go??

Player of the Month

I am really struggling this month as not one person performed well. I could have said Lateef Elford-Alliyu for his 3 goals, but the amount of misses he had i can't!!

Monthly Review

Well an absolutely ***** month, 5 games 5 losses.... something needs to change as i am not having these kind of results all year. I thought the new centre backs i had brought in would be good (Friend, Higginbotham & Stewart). However i might not have found a perfect pairing as of yet!

September
Season 2013/14

We get some points on the board!
Also keep our first clean sheet
Go 3 games unbeaten but go 8 games without winning!

Fixtures

Npower Championship

Brentford 0 - 0 Bury

We are off the mark!! Our first points on the board, and defensively a very good performance, but not a good performance in the final third. At the start of the season this was a game that i said we have to win and i still stick by that, and i hope come the end of the season we done regret putting away our chances!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Npower Championship

Bury 2 - 2 Norwich
Worrall, Elford-Alliyu

A worked draw against a team who was playing against the like of Manchester United, Chelsea and Manchester City last season. The old boys of Elford-Alliyu and Worrall stole the show to prove to people that they can make the step up from League One to the Championship

Npower Championship

Bury 1 - 1 Blackpool
Treacy

One the bright side this is now 3 games without losing!! however we are still to taste victory in the league and i am struggling to find out when we are going to get our first win on the table!! Treacy managed to save the game for us in the 85th minute of the match to ****** a late draw!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Npower Championship

Huddersfield 2 - 1 Bury
Sweeney

Our 3 games unbeaten run has come to an end over at Huddersfield, and once again we didn't really deserve anything from the game!! Going to be a long season ahead and i hope the boys have got the stomach and heart to fght to the end!!!

Player of the Month

45651.jpg

Danny Higginbotham - He has been an ever present in the squad this month, and put some brilliant performace in the heart of the defence to ensure we picked up a few points!

Monthly Review

View attachment 295839

With only 1 loss in 4 games i feel we are progressing, even though we are still bottom of the table i feel another couple of positives results and if we get our first win of the season we can easily climb out of the relegation zone and push on up the table to secure another year in the Championship!

Yes! Just read through the whole thing then, you are doing wonders and as a Liverpool fan its nice to see you using some of our youth, look forward to seeing your signings for the championship

I strugged to bring in players in the championship as the wage budget is so low we couldn't afford the wages for a lot of people!! I am hoping the experience of Neville and Higginbotham will help, with the youth of Morrison and Abrahim! (already finished the season so got a lot of posts to do!)

Brilliant job getting promotion in your first season, it took me 3 and even then I had to go through the playoffs. Currently 2nd in the Championship though so it's all good.

I found it funny that you had Abdul Razak on loan because I got him on a free transfer in the 2015/16 season, then managed to get 3mil for him from SK Rapid Wein (incidentally the highest transfer fee the club has ever received).

Doing good if you are 2nd in the championship!!, i guess it helped building your team up in league one so it would be ready for the championship! Really struggling this year, i think i got promoted too soon. However i'm hoping i stay up and can build over the next couple of years to push for a promotion to the Prem. What I like about this save is that it is so real, as IRL Bury would struggle with the jump from League One to the Championship! Hoping to get rest of the year up tonight so you can see my progress! Good job getting £3M for Razak. Elford-Alliyu is currently worth £3.5M on mine and if a good offer comes in i think i will struggle to reject it!

Great story, loving your use of Liverpool talent.

Thanks for the reading! Unfortunatley none of the youths wanted to come back to me this year or i have managed to get higher quality (IE Morrison instead of Adorjan).

October
Season 2013/14

We get our first win!!!
A very inconsistent month
A Bottom of the table clash versus Swindon!

Fixtures

Npower Championship

Bury 2 - 0 Bristol City
Elford-Alliyu, Adjei

Our first win of the current campaign and did we deserve it!! Samuel Adjei came in for the injured David Worrall and put in a MOM display with 1 assist and 1 goal. However as with the David Healy situation i have decided that this year will be Adjei's last as i feel we can better quality players in!

Npower Championship

Cardiff 3 - 1 Bury
Elford-Alliyu

Just that like we are brought back down to earth with a bang!! Cardiff simply out played us from start to finish, this just shows the task the lads have in front of them. I can't really complain though against a team who are tipped for promotion this year.

Npower Championship

Bury 2 - 2 Swindon
Worrall, Sweeney

Just like the Brentford result last month this is a game we should be winning. That is 4 points now thrown away and we really need to pick this points up elsewhere in the season to ensure we don't face relegation straight back down to League One!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Npower Championship

Watford 1 - 2 Bury
Bhasera 2

A Brilliant away performance here, we was 1-0 down at half time and i thought was was looking at yet another defeat this season. But up stepped Bhasera who bagged a brace with the 2nd goal coming deep in injury time!! Hopefully he can put more of these performances in to show why he is Bury FC most expensive signing!

Npower Championship

Bury 0 - 1 Birmingham

Once again we follow up a good performance and 3 points with loss. This inconsistency has to stop and we need to put together a run of form to ensure we are not fighting for our lifes come the end of the season!!

Player of the Month

31252_ori_abdi_ibrahim.jpg

Abdi Ibrahim- He has been one of the consistent performers this month, with an average rating of 7.5, he is really making that central midfield position his own, and is currently one of the first names on the team sheet!

Monthly Review
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...nant-force-lancashire-league-table-sept-1.jpg
View attachment 295879

A postive month this month picking up 7 points! We are still in the relegation zone, but going on these performances it will only be a matter of time before we can climb out of the bottom 3 and ensure we don't get relegated back down to League One!

November
Season 2013/14

Another poor month, we need to get a run together and quickly!
Another bottom of the table clash, this time against Middlesborough
Elford-Alliyu needs to rediscover his League One form and start scoring on a consistent basis!!

Fixtures

Npower Championship

Bolton 1 - 0 Bury

I am getting very used to losing now and i DO NOT like it. After storming League One i thought we would have a little fight in us this season, or the momentum would carry on but that is not the case and we suffer yet another loss!! Bolton away is a tricky place though i suppose, and i have to get used to losing a lot of these games (but it is not in my blood!!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Npower Championship

Bury 2
- 2 Charlton
Elford-Alliyu 2

A hard thought draw which i am disappointed at, things got off to a great start with Lateef scoring in the 2nd minute only for Charlton to rush into a 2-1 lead!! We need to learn to keep leads!!

Npower Championship

Nottingham Forest 3 - 1 Bury
Sweeney
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We can't win anything, and i am getting really worried about the outcome at the end of the season!!!!

Npower Championship

Leicester 0 - 2 Bury
Higginbotham, Bhasera

Fantastic response from the lads, and a well thought out win. We beat Leicester again to show that lasy years Capital One win wasn't a fluke and we more than matched them. Higginbotham got things off to a brilliant start scoring a penalty in the 4th minute. With Bhasera scoring with 15 minutes left to put the game beyond doubt!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Npower Championship

Bury 1 - 3 Wolves
Bhasera

No complaints here, we was facing top of the league who have been in incredible form this year, and i would back my house on them getting promoted this year!! Bhasera scored his 4th goal for the club and hope he continues this goalscoring form to fill the void left from David Healy!!

Npower Championship

Bury 1
- 2 Burnley
Elford-Alliyu

Any game we have lost, and this is getting abit tedious now. I keep finding excuses for our losses and poor form, but this does need to change, and i am struggling for things to do!!! Might have to gamble in the next game against Middlesbrough in a must win game!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Npower Championship

Middlesbrough 2 - 1 Bury
Elford-Alliyu

Not the result we wanted at all, Middlesbrough are fighting relegation with us, and this result will not do our chances any good of staying up. In January i am going to try and bring in a new keeper as i feel Carson is out of his depth in this league. I could also bring in another striker to push Elford-Alliyu, as Osawe really isn't good enough for the team.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player of the Month

Paul-Caddis_2870518.jpg

Paul Caddis- He has been an unsung performer on the right hand side of the defence, and for a free transfer he has been a good signing. He knows when to get forward, and when to stay back. The other defenders aren't helping him at all this year!

Monthly Review

I forgot to do a SS of the league for both November & December!! However i am still in the bottom three and really struggling to find the points to push out of it. I feel i need a new GK and also ST. However things are going to be tough as i am currently £6K per month over my wage budget and with the size of my squad i can't afford to let anybody leave!!

right i have already finished the 3rd season in the game and i have somehow managed to lose all of my SS bar from the odd league position at the end of the months. Has anyone got any ideas on how to update you all on the months? 3 monthly updates, or instead of the above where i do each match put a SS of the fixtures with a quick summary? I am eager to start season 4, but not going to do till i am up-to-date on this so i can concentrate on doing monthly updates like above? Any thoughts?

right i have already finished the 3rd season in the game and i have somehow managed to lose all of my SS bar from the odd league position at the end of the months. Has anyone got any ideas on how to update you all on the months? 3 monthly updates, or instead of the above where i do each match put a SS of the fixtures with a quick summary? I am eager to start season 4, but not going to do till i am up-to-date on this so i can concentrate on doing monthly updates like above? Any thoughts?

Enjoying the story mate. As to the missing SS, I think the best thing would be to just do a quick recap.

Right i am have got playing this game again... however already into my 6th season. What would people like to see as a catch-up? I got too enthralled in the game, and don't think i have any SS. Also is anyone interested in this, or shall i leave it?

What transfers did you make after your first season?? And where are you now?

What transfers did you make after your first season?? And where are you now?

I am currently in the Premier League, and i made a few signings only spent £400K though as most of them was no a free or loan. Would it be good to jut do one post per season until i am up-to-date?

Yeah just a quick summary of each season please mate as I'm doing a save as brentford