GeordieRichee

Reaction score
I'm really struggling to make Newcastle work this time round and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on which players should I sell and who should I try and sign ? In the team report nearly all aspects of the team are poor (poor passing,poor determination etc etc) brrr I've been trying to play 4 4 2 Struggling to score and leaking goals Help please oO)

lukaku 750k loan fee with a future fee of 5 million. i normally sell shola or xisco sometimes both if im only playing one striker. sign rafael on a season loan from man united aswell as ryan taylor and simpson are both pretty poor. danny wilson on loan is another good shout although he rejected me when i asked to take him on loan for the season so 6 months then extending it later on is your best bet. maresca on a free for a bit more creativity in centre mid aswell. hope this helped a bit

I agree with what whenray said, sell Ameobi or Xisco. Get Maresca or Nashat Akram for free. You need a LB to cover Enrique. Get Dodo or Peter Masilela.

I'll try and get Lukaku on loan Rafael on loan sounds good too i agree simpson and taylor are a bit weak at rb I was considering maresca CM and tonetti LB both free's as cover Who would you sell between barton and smith I want to try and get the wages down abit also Stu's suggestion of Jay Demerit seems good cover for CB I would prefer to find a cheaper young player in CM who will develop into a decent player

Definitely sell Smith as he's injury prone.
Get Maresca or Akram for CM(both free)
Get Michael Ball for LB(free) or Leandro Grimi/Peter Masilela(both are very cheap)
Try to get Fazio(CB listed at very cheap price).

i always sell smith and keep barton. maybe darron gibson on loan for cm

Cheers for all the advice lads so heres what I've gone for Jay DeMerit backup CB free , V Kadlec ST 2.4mil over 48months , R Lukaku on loan with 5.75mil buyout clause , E Maresca backup CM free G Assulin LM free , F Fazio 525k , Transfers out so far are A Smith 2.2 mil burnley Xisco 2.8 mil OM S Amoebi 2mil Stoke So lets see how it goes Thanks again for all the input

No worries mate but don't you think you need a backup LB as well?
And how did u manage to sell Smith and Xisco? All i get were just loan offers :(

yeah I forgot about LB and guess who just got injured on preseason friendly brrr I'll try Dodo I had him in FM10 he turned out quality

---------- Post added at 06:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 AM ----------

I offered Xisco to clubs for 2.8 mil and OM lique 1 came in for him also A Madrid offered 2.4 A Smith went to Burnley for 2 mil I offered them as soon as game started before i set season objectives etc

Here's some Player Roles (Using a 4-2-2-2 with two wingers)

GK: Harper - GK - Defend
RB: Simpson - Full Back - Support
CB: Coloccini - Central Defender - Defend
CB: Taylor - Central Defender - Defend
LB: Enrique - Full Back - Support
CM: Barton - Box to Box Midfielder - Support
CM: Nolan - Deep Lying Playmaker - Support
AMR: Hatem Ben Arfa - Inside Forward - Attack
AML: Jonás Gutiérrez - Inside Forward - Attack
ST: Andy Carroll - Target Man - Support
ST: Peter Lovenkrands - Advanced Forward - Attack

Buy a Backup left back and you'll achieve a mid-table position at least.

i am newcastle and i need some tactic help anyone with any ideas ?

To start off with, keep things simple. Make sure every player has one job and they do that job. Use a 4-4-2 with wingers. Use a 4-5-1 away from home to try and get a few points.

From there, you can progress next season.

I make no promises. I hope you do well. Check out the player roles above. :)

i will when i was playing bfore i was doin pritty well was 10th and then all the players started to turn on me and saying they wernt happy with me and stuff i dont no why and saying im not exsperienced anuff :S

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

and wa els is the most irritating is tha jonas is excellent he does all the hard work takes on 5 players takes on a shot and its terrible and he jsut cant score :mad: :p

I'm almost finished my 1st season.
Played 33, 43 points 11th in league.
Happy that i've managed to exceed my start of season expectations.
Signed:
Jay DeMerit, Free, Did a job
Seamus Coleman, Loan, helped out at right back
Ruben, Suarez £600k scored 7 times in league
Gauthier Mahoto, Free, played in the cup and a few games against Blackpool :D
Gai Assulin, Free, hopefully he will get better, havn't been too impressed!

Sold Xisco, £3m
Loaned Adjei for £86k (every little helps)

Wasn't impressed that the board wouldnt let me have any of the £3m i made for Xisco!
Have had a tricky season with some good results vs Chelsea 2-2, Aresenal 1-1, mackems 1-0, Liverpool 2-0
Never really found a tactic that im happy with though.
Desperate to sell some of the dead wood, Smith, Barton (who i've annoyed somehow), Routledge who's requested a transfer, Ameobi who has never been good enough.
Also keen to know what will happen next season when i get my transfer budget!

Share your pain with Jonas, how can a man have so much dribbling skill but no eye for goal!?

Last edited:
im just about to start a game with newcastle , i think im going to adopt a 4 5 1 not sure how well it will pan out but i know im defo sellin james perch hate that guy haha

I play similar to Chris, a 4-2-2-2

2m for transfers -

Nabil Dirar(AMR) - 700k
Enzo Maresca(CM) - free
Raul(D/WBR) - 200k from Paranaense
Guillermo Franco(ST) - free
Christian Benitez is worth buying if you can sell some to free funds, costs 1.5m.
Leandro Grimi(DWBL) - loan to buy
or Jlloyd Samuel(D/WBL) - loan

Last edited:
I finished my first season with Newcastle and was impressed. Heading into last game I was in 13th place and had to play Chelsea. Surprising took a 3-0 lead at half and then escape with a 3-2 win to bump me into 9th place to finish the year. My only signing that was a starter was Madson in the first year. Second year got Fleck from Rangers for 9 mil, and then two defenders for around 2 million each. Predicted to finish mid table this year, but I doubt that will happen.

First year though it seemed as if I lost to every team I was suppose to win and won or draw some games against the big boys. Beat Chelsea, Liverpool twice (once in FA). Then I tied Liverpool, Man City, and ManU.

yes i agree very much with jonas dribbling skills out of this world gets to the goal phhfttt useless lol