Help with number of players in a squad?

Reggaezal

Reaction score
How many players is too much or too little for a squad, a big european giant.Formation plays a part as well, im playing 4-1-2-3, with 3 strikers, 1 defensive mid, 2 central mid, 2 centerbacks and 2 fullbacks.

So how many of each players should i have?

Currently i have 29 players in my first team.

2 goalkeepers
4 central defenders
6 fullback/wingback
8 central midfielders(5 of them are defensive midfielders but only 2 can play as an anchorman/defensive midfielder role)
6 strikers(1 is retiring, 1 i barely play since he is just useless and i cant get rid of him due to no one buying him)

i look at other squads and they have way more players, is my team ok, or do i need more players?

BTW: i have a total of 5 or 6 players who are 32,33. do i need to freshen up my squad?

• Cut the amount of your defensive midfielders to 3.
  • Sell two of your strikers.
  • Cut down the amount of fullbacks you have to 4.

put a screenshot up

acmilan3.png

acmilan4.png

sorry. imageshack link failed.

im keen on selling inzaghi,juankolovski and adiyah, maybe loaning out Lars Bender and Marco Verratti, nesta and gattuso are old and their stats arent as good as they used to be. might be off loading them soon too.

Last edited:
i aim for 2 in each position plus a very young wonderkid in the other 3 slots (25 man squad)

i aim for 2 in each position plus a very young wonderkid in the other 3 slots (25 man squad)

very very clever. im going to take that into consideration, currently have 2 wonderkids, but one of the wonderkid is already my first team striker. does that mean i gotta find another one lol?

Certain positions are interlocked, like a fullback who can double up as a centerback(bonera or vice versa papastatopolous), a wing back who can double up as a striker(abate) a central midfielder who can double up as a striker(ronaldinho). and a center mid who can be either a fullback(flamini),centerback(gattuso) or a defensive mid(moussa/ambrosini).

How do you count in these players??

very very clever. im going to take that into consideration, currently have 2 wonderkids, but one of the wonderkid is already my first team striker. does that mean i gotta find another one lol?

Certain positions are interlocked, like a fullback who can double up as a centerback(bonera or vice versa papastatopolous), a wing back who can double up as a striker(abate) a central midfielder who can double up as a striker(ronaldinho). and a center mid who can be either a fullback(flamini),centerback(gattuso) or a defensive mid(moussa/ambrosini).

go by what position you usually play them

ive got a fair few players like that in my side wh can play more than one positions (jovetic rodwell nasri milner gourcuff aguero bale hargreaves etc) and several wonderkids, (rodwell, jovetic, aguero, bale, wilson, rafael, kramaric)but i still aim for 2 of each. if you have a wonderkid striker starting, (for example my 4th striker is a wonderkid) numbers 23-25 should very young wonderkid (16-17) in other positions, generally a gk plus 2 others

+1

I always think it's best for those 3 extra spots to include an Att. Mid. that can play MORE than 1 position. A Defender who can cover DC & possibly a Wing-Back slot, and obviously a Young FC, just in case you get desperate.

If you're struggling to narrow it down to 25, imagine a 22-Man Limit (Spanish 2nd Division B4), the restrictions in there a much more strict, though not impossible.

Good luck!

• Cut the amount of your defensive midfielders to 3.
  • Sell two of your strikers.
  • Cut down the amount of fullbacks you have to 4.

this but Cut the amount of your defensive midfielders to 4 instead, or you will not be able to cope with injuries

+1

I always think it's best for those 3 extra spots to include an Att. Mid. that can play MORE than 1 position. A Defender who can cover DC & possibly a Wing-Back slot, and obviously a Young FC, just in case you get desperate.

imagine a 22-Man Limit (Spanish 2nd Division B4)
Good luck!

the problem is though, i have like half a squad full of players who can play more than one position lol. but i get what you mean thanks.

sounds fun, will be trying that soon!

Count them by their normal position (the one you play them in). Pick vertasile players over non-vertasile players.

Number one nice squad, number two i am for at least two backups for each position. and have a couple of super gems in my squad keep it balanced with old and young thats the way forward :)

the problem is though, i have like half a squad full of players who can play more than one position lol. but i get what you mean thanks.

sounds fun, will be trying that soon!
chek up for my earlier response. i have lots of versatile players, and lots of wonderkinds but i go by their original position. if you want i will post my entire squad later so you can see the kind of balance i have

I use same tactic as you mate and I've got:

5 first team strikers and 2 youngsters
4 attacking mids (don't use them often but just in case)
6 attacking cm's and 4 dm's (versatile players
3 rb's and 4 lb's (versatile again)
4 cb's
2 keepers

All up I have around a 27 man squad but some of those are youngsters brought up from U20's. It's a big squad but I'd rather be safe than sorry with the injuries in this game.

chek up for my earlier response. i have lots of versatile players, and lots of wonderkinds but i go by their original position. if you want i will post my entire squad later so you can see the kind of balance i have

yea its better if you post up a screenie, more informative :) thanks!

Number one nice squad, number two i am for at least two backups for each position. and have a couple of super gems in my squad keep it balanced with old and young thats the way forward :)

im aiming for the same thing! i got the money and now im just sorting out who to sell and who to keep.

Count them by their normal position (the one you play them in). Pick vertasile players over non-vertasile players.

Alright will do. Versatile players are good for the squad but bad for me to manage :mad:

I usually do it like this
2 GK
4 DC
5 FB (2 on each side + 1 who plays both sides)
2 DMC (both can play anchorman)
3 MC
2 AMC
6 ST (At least 4 must be able to play as AML/AMR)
Total: 24 players including any wonder-kids

I never have more than this

2 keepers, 4 fullbacks, 4 centerbacks, 2 defensive midfielders, 5 center midfielders, 2 attacking midfielders, 4 strikers.

Then add a defender who can play all across the back four, and another player like that for the midfield.

I also place a huge emphasis on age. I don't really like having players over 30, but I've got a few now. Miguel Veloso, Shawcross, Fazio, Akinfeev, Aguero. That's about it. By the way, Aguero is the worst player on fm, ever.

I like to have small squads. I usually have 4 or 5 players outwith my team of 11+7 in case of injuries, but my squad never exceeds 24 players. For some reason I also like my team to fit in the one page, so if I have to scroll down then I move some players into the reserves.